• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2020 Election Results

Actions by GOP attorneys general could damage credibility
By supporting efforts to overturn the results of the presidential election, most of the nation’s Republican state attorneys general may have undermined their offices’ long-held special status in federal courts.

“States occupy a unique position and an important position” in the courts, said Paul Nolette, a Marquette University political scientist who studies attorneys general. “If it turns out that AGs are no different from another politician or another interest group just looking for an angle trying to get into the courts, the courts could revisit special solicitude.”

The term refers to a state’s ability to unilaterally weigh in on any federal lawsuit, giving attorneys general and their states a say in a wide variety of issues.

Rita Hart: At least 22 legally cast ballots in Iowa's 2nd Congressional District were not counted - from Jan 3

But her Republican opponent, Mariannette Miller-Meeks, has been seated provisionally, until that issue can be resolved. The NYT is listing her as the IA-02 winner.

But the NYT continues to list NY-22 as undecided.

In NY 22nd race, judge suggests there are no great options to fix Oneida County mistake - syracuse.com
Democrat Anthony Brindisi and Republican Claudia Tenney are fighting for the seat in court. Tenney currently leads Brindisi by just 29 votes, but DelConte will rule on thousands of contested ballots soon in a ruling that will determine the winner.

He held a special hearing Friday to consider arguments from both sides on what to do about the mess created in Oneida County, though he suggested there are no good options. Brindisi’s attorneys are asking the judge to count 69 of the ballots they identified from voters who applied on time via the DMV, but Tenney’s attorneys say the law doesn’t allow him to do so.

Miller-Meeks' office: Election challenge slows hiring of staff | The Gazette - for IA-02

Judge orders Oneida County to review 1,000+ rejected ballots in Brindisi-Tenney race - syracuse.com - for NY-22

Vice President Kamala Harris on Twitter: "It was an honor to return to the Senate to swear in Senators Padilla, Warnock, and Ossoff. They are dedicated to lifting up all Americans—and I look forward to working with them. https://t.co/OriEzJR5Rz" / Twitter
and
Vice President Kamala Harris swears in her replacement - YouTube
In the Senate, she announced the certificates of election for Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock, and the certificate of appointment for Alex Padilla, taking her place after her resignation to become VP. Something that she laughed about.

The US Senate is now 50-50: Democrats 48, Pro-Democratic Independents 2, Republicans 50

McConnell, Schumer close in on power-sharing agreement in evenly divided Senate - CNNPolitics - "The top two Senate leaders are nearing a power-sharing agreement to hash out how the evenly divided chamber will operate, with Democrats in charge of setting the schedule but both parties likely to hold an equal number of seats on Senate committees, according to sources familiar with the talks."

Nice callback,

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1351890941087522820[/TWEET]

Nice callback,

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1351890941087522820[/TWEET]

I thought he looked genuinely happy to be leaving the White House. He gave a smile on the way out that seemed genuine. Melania perhaps has had a recent dose of Botox or something, but she seemed stonefaced.
Not so nice to see G. T. continuing in her ageist ways.

It's the callback. He brought her age into it, a riposte requitpres the same beats.

What I was referring to: Saint G. highlighted age into in her highly publicized rant where every older person was damned as a selfish destroyer of the environment in alleged contrast to her completely environmentally committed generation. She ignorantly erased from reality older environmentalists and their decades of efforts and knowledge and steadfastness, and younger uber-consumers.

It's the callback. He brought her age into it, a riposte requitpres the same beats.

What I was referring to: Saint G. highlighted age into in her highly publicized rant where every older person was damned as a selfish destroyer of the environment in alleged contrast to her completely environmentally committed generation. She ignorantly erased from reality older environmentalists and their decades of efforts and knowledge and steadfastness, and younger uber-consumers.

Yeah, but THIS tweet has nothing to do with that.

Can you show us on this doll where Greta hurt you?

Okay, fair enough, boomer. :wink:

pattern of ageist comments

pattern of ageist comments
Okay, "age" is involved in one word in her tweet, but what makes this statement "ageISM"?

Can you show us on this doll where Greta hurt you?

huh?
I don't understand your question. It's quite cofeve.

The two undecided Congressional races:

IA-02:
Miller-Meeks asks Congress to dismiss Rita Hart election challenge

Rep. Miller-Meeks' attorney: Hart is 'like a disappointed sports fan' with election result | KTVO
"In a way she's like the disappointed sports fan frustrated at the outcome of a football game and points to some call, say they should've called pass interference and if they'd done that, my team would've won," says Miller-Meeks Des Moines-based attorney Alan Ostergren.

NY-22:
Brindisi, Tenney ballot count continues | News | oswegocountynewsnow.com

Jebus! They aren't dropping this shit!
article said:
"The debate over whether or not there was fraud should occur, we never had any presentation in court where we actually looked at the evidence. Most of the cases were thrown out for lack of standing, which is a procedural way of not actually hearing the question," Paul said on ABC's "This Week."
Yeah Paul... umm... you'd think that Trump's lawyers not presenting this in any state courts would be a notch against the case for fraud... not in your favor!

article said:
The Kentucky senator responded, "What I would suggest is that if we want greater confidence in our elections -- and 75% of Republicans agree with me -- is that we do need to look at election integrity."
This is beyond belief. Rand Paul, the Libertarian-Lite, making the argument for the death of democracy.

I'm assuming they want a very small-bore investigation. Nothing where a GOP senate seat held. Only swing states, and only the Biden votes. You know, narrow your focus, determine your goal. i.e.:
I only need 11,000 votes, fellas. I need 11,000 votes. Gimme a break. There's nothing wrong with saying that you've recalculated.

I'm assuming they want a very small-bore investigation. Nothing where a GOP senate seat held. Only swing states, and only the Biden votes. You know, narrow your focus, determine your goal. i.e.:
I only need 11,000 votes, fellas. I need 11,000 votes. Gimme a break. There's nothing wrong with saying that you've recalculated.

Yeah, you guys need look at voter suppression, Louis De Joy, Texas and Florida too--in those states, I believe, Biden was leading, and then sudden dumps of Trump votes suddenly started appearing.

There’s an interview with the Congressman from North Carolina, the young dude, in which he’s pressed about challenging the electoral votes and he says it’s about states changing their rules. Then when pressed whether he would object to his own state, which Trump won, because rules were changed there too, he was forced to agree that the Democrats there had shored up the election problems they had from the previous election, in which actual fraud occurred.

Back
Top Bottom