• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

6/27/24 presidential debate

Now Biden identifies as a black woman. I think... or something. :confused:

Joe Biden's Gaffes During Post-Debate Interview Raise Eyebrows

"By the way, I'm proud to be, as I said, the first vice president, the first Black woman to serve with a Black president, proud of the first Black woman in the Supreme Court," he said. "There's just so much that we can do because together we—there's nothing. Look, this is the United States of America."

You are playing games.

It is very clear from listening to the audio that Biden did not think he is a Black woman.

He simply restarted his sentence part way through and it was probably even clearer with body language and greater context of the surrounding sentences.

No, he did not IDENTIFY as a Black woman.

On the other hand, Trump did in fact talk about Black jobs and he meant it.

"By the way, I'm proud to be, as I said, the first vice president, the first Black woman to serve with a Black president, proud of the first Black woman in the Supreme Court," he said. "There's just so much that we can do because together we—there's nothing. Look, this is the United States of America."
There are numerous examples of Trump making egregious gaffes as well. Would you like them to be demonstrated?

You are playing games.

It is very clear from listening to the audio that Biden did not think he is a Black woman.

He simply restarted his sentence part way through and it was probably even clearer with body language and greater context of the surrounding sentences.

For the record, no I don't think he really identifies as a black woman. I was joking around. It was just more of Joe's mixed up babbling.

Here's what Trump said in the debate about "black jobs":

His speech above about illegal immigrants taking "black jobs" is supported by this article (which references a Federal government study):

Supporting Illegal Immigration Means Opposing Black Workers

Back in 2008, the United States Commission on Civil Rights assembled a panel of experts whose findings were released in a report called "The Impact of Illegal Immigration on the Wages and Employment Opportunities of Black Workers." The Commission found that illegal workers comprise as much as one-third of immigrants, and that illegal immigration creates a surplus of low-skilled, low-wage labor in the U.S. labor market. Experts on the panel testified that while illegal immigration to the U.S. depresses employment and wages for low-skilled American citizens, Black men are disproportionally affected.
"About six in 10 adult black males have a high school diploma or less and Black men are disproportionately employed in the low-skilled labor market, where they are more likely to be in labor competition with immigrants," the Commission noted in its findings.

So, basically he was using the shortcut "black jobs" versus the more cumbersome "jobs that would traditionally employ black people in the absence of illegal immigration". Is that racially insensitive? Perhaps. As bad as this guy, though? I don't think so.

There are numerous examples of Trump making egregious gaffes as well. Would you like them to be demonstrated?
Go for it!

You are playing games.

Exactly. There is a distinct difference between identifying a group of people who are affected by a policy (i.e. black or hispanic people) and identifying a category of work by race.

Dredging up a statement by Biden from 16 years ago to try and show he is more racially insensitive than a man who routinely identifies brown immigrants as murderers, rapists and criminals, promulgated the birther lies about Obama, and attempted to help railroad the Central Park 5 is pretty desperate partisan weak sauce.

Comparing verbal gaffes between the two candidates can be an amusing parlor game, but it really is inconsequential in terms of relative mental fitness for office given the plethora on both sides.

Both President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump have pledged to return more migrants to their home countries, with differing approaches as immigration has emerged as a top issue in the coming U.S. election rematch.

The silver lining is that because people have such short fucking attention spans nowadays, a hundred different scandals and gotcha moments are going to crop up before election day and Biden's debate performance will be completely forgotten.
Yeah, I don't think anyone is going to give a fuck about the debate anymore...

I don't like to say "I told you so", but...

Wait.

Yes I bloody do.

And I DID tell you so. So there :p
You said so on Wednesday. I said so a fortnight ago. Queensland not believing in daylight savings doesn't excuse the time discrepancy this time. ;)

seriously, daylight savings sucks sweaty balls

Now that a deranged lunatic has tried to assassinate Donald Trump, he looks more likely than ever to sail to victory in November. I think that this will also help downballot Republicans generally across the board. I don't think that it was a staged event, although conspiracy theories are likely to spring up everywhere among Trump's detractors. Trump's being turned into a heroic victim is the last thing the country needed. Republicans couldn't have come up with a better campaign issue. There will be all sorts of merchandise featuring the blood on Trump's face going up for sale. His martyrdom was the main selling point that he had going for him, and this was a stroke of luck for his campaign.

I don't like to say "I told you so", but...

Wait.

Yes I bloody do.

And I DID tell you so. So there :p
You said so on Wednesday. I said so a fortnight ago. Queensland not believing in daylight savings doesn't excuse the time discrepancy this time. ;)

seriously, daylight savings sucks sweaty balls
Well, to be fair, I repeated on Wednesday what I said a week ago.

Nothing that happened in June or July will matter one whit to possible Biden voters (or possible Trump voters, for that matter) in November.

Changing candidates would likely significantly suppress the vote for the party that made that change.

It would be a daft thing for either party to change candidates now, unless their guy drops dead.

Nobody will be talking about Biden's "debate" performance in November; They will be talking about whatever happens in October. Probably only about what happens in the second half of October.

A week is a long time in politics. four months is an eternity. Nobody cares what happened four months ago.

The "false narrative" is a bear trap Biden walked right into at the debate. Biden could be fine and had a bad night, but the perception sticks. Look at Romney and his "binder full of women" retort and how that stuck. Or Dana Carvey's HW Bush "Not gonna do it" act that HW Bush never said, but lives on. In US politics, the truth isn't as important as the perception, Trump is living proof of that. Even George W Bush was a reflection of image over actual identity.
The debate is going to be ancient history by election day.
Now, technically, you said the same thing a week before that:
The silver lining is that because people have such short fucking attention spans nowadays, a hundred different scandals and gotcha moments are going to crop up before election day and Biden's debate performance will be completely forgotten. I fucking guarantee that on no less than three separate occasions between now and November, TSwizzle will quote the Daily Mail on some cropped, out of context incident and gleefully cry , "See? Brandon needs to resign something something fuck Newsome!"
...But what you need to bear in mind is that I have no idea how to change the dashboard clock in my car without looking at the manual, and I don't care that I don't know.

:p

Last edited:
The silver lining is that because people have such short fucking attention spans nowadays, a hundred different scandals and gotcha moments are going to crop up before election day and Biden's debate performance will be completely forgotten.
Are you implying Biden administration could be responsible for the assassination attempt?

Are you implying Biden administration could be responsible for the assassination attempt?
Nope. How the living fuck did you come to that conclusion? Nevermind, I really don't want you to try and explain your "logic".

Biden's more competent than that.

I am not so sure about that.

I am not so sure about that.
He would have gotten someone that could actually shoot. Not some still wet behind the ears barely out of adolescents 20 year old.

Back
Top Bottom