• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A day without stupid?

Minimum wage was originally explicitly created to keep blacks out of the job market and it still does some of this--look at black teen unemployment vs white teen unemployment. By setting minimum wage above the amount the least qualified workers would make you keep them from getting jobs at all.

Setting a minimum wage would by definition set the amount the least qualified workers would get. So how exactly would this affect minority workers differently? Unless bilby is correct in that you are implying that minorities are less skilled than white workers.

Minimum wage was originally explicitly created to keep blacks out of the job market and it still does some of this--look at black teen unemployment vs white teen unemployment. By setting minimum wage above the amount the least qualified workers would make you keep them from getting jobs at all.

Setting a minimum wage would by definition set the amount the least qualified workers would get. So how exactly would this affect minority workers differently? Unless bilby is correct in that you are implying that minorities are less skilled than white workers.

At the time it was created it certainly was the case.

WARNING!!! WARNING!!!

Please lock away your irony meters and BS detectors in a safe location. This is not a drill. For the safety of yourself and those around you, place your irony meters and BS detectors in a location that will protect people from imminent harm.

Senator Orrin Hatch said:
I’m tired of the partisanship and, frankly, we didn’t treat them — their candidates for these positions the way they’re treating ours. And I would like to see us hopefully break through and change that attitude with regard to Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

irony meter -> :boom:

link

Ok, so you are saying, at least when minimum wage was first implemented, that minorities were not as skilled as white workers. I don’t know how you justify that claim. But for the sake of argument let’s go with that. Do you then say that minorities today are still less skilled? If so then why? If not, then doesn’t that undermine the argument that minimum wage is detrimental to minorities?

https://shareblue.com/trump-talk-mueller-lie-perjury-fox-mcdowell-outnumbered/

Fox host asks how Trump is supposed to talk to Mueller if he can’t lie
By Tommy Christopher - August 6, 2018

Trump’s latest tweeted confession that he lied about the purpose of the 2016 Trump Tower meeting now has his supporters worried that he could end up lying his way into a perjury charge.

Derp a derpy derp-derp!

There's no such thing as a "perjury trap."

When you are under investigation for crimes, don't lie to the investigators.

It's only a "trap" if you're guilty of the crime being investigated, so Trump has nothing to worry about, right?

*sigh*

I don't remember Bill and Hillary complaining about "perjury traps" after hours of grilling under oath from constant investigations by Republican witch hunts.

- - - Updated - - -

WARNING!!! WARNING!!!

Please lock away your irony meters and BS detectors in a safe location. This is not a drill. For the safety of yourself and those around you, place your irony meters and BS detectors in a location that will protect people from imminent harm.

Senator Orrin Hatch said:
I’m tired of the partisanship and, frankly, we didn’t treat them — their candidates for these positions the way they’re treating ours. And I would like to see us hopefully break through and change that attitude with regard to Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

link

But it's only bad when Democrats do it. When we do worse, it goes from being a bad thing to a good thing. That's because unlike those libtards, conservatives and libertarians believe in this thing called "objective morals."

https://shareblue.com/trump-talk-mueller-lie-perjury-fox-mcdowell-outnumbered/

Derp a derpy derp-derp!

There's no such thing as a "perjury trap."

When you are under investigation for crimes, don't lie to the investigators.

It's only a "trap" if you're guilty of the crime being investigated, so Trump has nothing to worry about, right?

*sigh*

I don't remember Bill and Hillary complaining about "perjury traps" after hours of grilling under oath from constant investigations by Republican witch hunts.

- - - Updated - - -

WARNING!!! WARNING!!!

link

But it's only bad when Democrats do it. When we do worse, it goes from being a bad thing to a good thing. That's because unlike those libtards, conservatives and libertarians believe in this thing called "objective morals."
He isn’t saying the Republicans are fighting the good fight, but that they never obstructed. *bs meter blows up*

Dan Quayle was rushed to the hospital after spraining his eyes after he read this:

article said:
Trump blamed the fires on “bad environmental laws which aren’t allowing massive amount of readily available water to be properly utilized.” He complained that water needed for firefighting is being “diverted into the Pacific Ocean.”
This is 25th Amendment stuff. How unbelievably stupid this is... from the guy in charge of a nuclear arsenal. Dog help us!

Dan Quayle was rushed to the hospital after spraining his eyes after he read this:

article said:
Trump blamed the fires on “bad environmental laws which aren’t allowing massive amount of readily available water to be properly utilized.” He complained that water needed for firefighting is being “diverted into the Pacific Ocean.”
This is 25th Amendment stuff. How unbelievably stupid this is... from the guy in charge of a nuclear arsenal. Dog help us!

Of course the orange wonder said this because he understands nothing and so he makes shit up to cover up his stupidy. This is one of the worst I've heard.

Ok, so you are saying, at least when minimum wage was first implemented, that minorities were not as skilled as white workers. I don’t know how you justify that claim. But for the sake of argument let’s go with that. Do you then say that minorities today are still less skilled? If so then why? If not, then doesn’t that undermine the argument that minimum wage is detrimental to minorities?

hmm... 5 days and no reply.. I think that is a telling answer in a way.

Russia names actor Steven Seagal as envoy to US

Russia has appointed Hollywood actor Steven Seagal as an envoy between Washington and Moscow, its Foreign Ministry has announced.

I guess Chuck Norris will be Secretary of State next week. Van Damme must be seething.
And yet another time I have to check to make certain this isn't satire... and saddened when I find out it isn't.

Satire nowadays is taking reality seriously.

BBC News said:
Viktor and Amalija Knavs, Melania Trump's Slovenian-born parents, took the oath of citizenship in New York on Thursday, their lawyer confirmed.

He said the pair had been living in the US on green cards sponsored by Mrs Trump.

President Trump has railed against family-based or "chain" immigration in the past.

He argues instead for a merit-based system prioritising professionals over relatives, and has drawn criticism for his vocal attacks on immigration laws and immigrants.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45137752

I tried to write a funny, but the degree of this man's hypocrisy leaves me speechless. I find it hard to believe that any of his supporters actually respect him. I don't think anybody does. I think they're putting up with him, because at least he's not Hillary Clinton

BBC News said:
Viktor and Amalija Knavs, Melania Trump's Slovenian-born parents, took the oath of citizenship in New York on Thursday, their lawyer confirmed.

He said the pair had been living in the US on green cards sponsored by Mrs Trump.

President Trump has railed against family-based or "chain" immigration in the past.

He argues instead for a merit-based system prioritising professionals over relatives, and has drawn criticism for his vocal attacks on immigration laws and immigrants.

I tried to write a funny, but the degree of this man's hypocrisy leaves me speechless. I find it hard to believe that any of his supporters actually respect him. I don't think anybody does. I think they're putting up with him, because at least he's not Hillary Clinton
Well, their country is a tremendously beautiful one. Everyone talks about how great it is. And they have a wonderful daughter and an even better son-in-law. The best son-in-law ever.

BBC News said:

Well, their country is a tremendously beautiful one. Everyone talks about how great it is. And they have a wonderful daughter and an even better son-in-law. The best son-in-law ever.
And don't forget, they come from a White country, not some shithole country, so it is good...

Well it does seem to be true that Slovenians have a rather bizarre fascination with puppets.

Well it does seem to be true that Slovenians have a rather bizarre fascination with puppets.

Woah!
You're right!

BBC News said:

I'm pretty sure they aren't capable of feeling shame.

- - - Updated - - -

And don't forget, they come from a White country, not some shithole country, so it is good...

Ding ding ding!

It's not hypocrisy because immigration is just a proxy for talking about racist without sounding racist. If you understand what they really mean, this is not hypocritical at all because Melania's family is white.

Back
Top Bottom