• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A day without stupid?

Remember the meme "we should run the government like a business"?
I have heard it a lot over the years.
Now we know how well that worked out.
If we wanted that we should have picked a better businessman.

Enron was a business. So was Lehman Brothers. Maybe that's what he means?

The UN's reaction to Trump claiming his Admin has done more than any other Admin in the first two years.

To be fair, he said "almost."

So FDR pulling the country out of the Great Depression, the Dust Bowl, and leading us through WWII was for sure right up there...maybe even number one...but Trump's first two years are pretty close to that, right?

The UN's reaction to Trump claiming his Admin has done more than any other Admin in the first two years.

To be fair, he said "almost."

So FDR pulling the country out of the Great Depression, the Dust Bowl, and leading us through WWII was for sure right up there...maybe even number one...but Trump's first two years are pretty close to that, right?
FDR? While Trump might be able to "remember Pearl Harbor", more recently Obama helped pull the US out of the Great Recession, and that should likely be within the memory of Trump... maybe.

First two years...

Johnson got the Voting Rights Act and Civil Rights Act in the first two years.
FDR had the Great Depression in the first two years.
Obama had the Great Recession, Iraq, and Afghanistan in the first two years.
Lincoln had that Civil War thingy in the first two years.

Trump inherited a decent economy and a stolen SCOTUS seat.

Trump’s administration breaks more laws before 9am than most administrations manage in heir entire first term.

That’s an accomplishment.

Back in Stupid-Land. He's doing a Press Conference, so this thread could get real busy.

article said:
President Trump criticized the Federal Reserve's decision on Wednesday to raise interest rates.
He said on Wednesday he'd have prefered to pay down US debt or invest in job creation measures.

"I'm worried about the fact they seem to like raising interest rates," he said. "We can do other things with the money."
WHAT?!?!

Regarding Kavanaugh and the real victims:
Trump said:
"So I think when you really look at it all, it’s not going to change any of the Democrats’ they’re obstructionists. They’re actually con artists, because they know how quality this man is, and they have destroyed a man’s reputation. And they want to destroy it even more. And I think people are going to see that in the mid terms. What they have done to this family, what they have done to these children. These beautiful children of his. And what they have done to his wife.
Yes, the "beautiful" children. Can he say anything without fucking hyperbole?!

President Ellipsis just stated he could choose a woman next, and she could have sexual harassment allegations against her to because women can harass men too. Thanks Trump.

Trump: ~The women are being given a chance to speak. He may even change his mind.
Reporter: Which women?
Trump: "Whoever is given a chance."

Trump said:
I won't get into that game. I only tell you this. This is one of the highest quality people that I've ever met. And everybody that knows him says the same thing. And these are all false, to me. These are false accusations in certain cases, and certain cases even the media agrees with that. I can only say that what they've done to this man is incredible.
Oi!

President Ellipsis just stated he could choose a woman next, and she could have sexual harassment allegations against her to because women can harass men too. Thanks Trump.

Trump: ~The women are being given a chance to speak. He may even change his mind.
Reporter: Which women?
Trump: "Whoever is given a chance."

Trump said:
I won't get into that game. I only tell you this. This is one of the highest quality people that I've ever met. And everybody that knows him says the same thing. And these are all false, to me. These are false accusations in certain cases, and certain cases even the media agrees with that. I can only say that what they've done to this man is incredible.
Oi!

I do find this whole Flake/Kavanaugh situation rather delicious... If Flake doesn't flake out, Cheato will either request an investigation by the FBI and BS Brett will immediately withdraw, or he won't request an investigation and risk his nominee being voted down. Or BK will get voted in (either because Flake flaked out or the 'pugs manage 5o votes without him) and that will put the senate at further risk in November. One thing I'd bet money against, is an FBI investigation being completed and Kavanaugh getting confirmed.

I don't know, it's very possible they find nothing new and significant. Though there's already enough to say he's lying under oath and that Ford is telling the truth.

I don't know, it's very possible they find nothing new and significant. Though there's already enough to say he's lying under oath and that Ford is telling the truth.

Yup. There's no salvaging the situation for Trump and BK, even if nothing of significance is found by the FBI and BS Brett is confirmed. The usual 35% will eat up the "told you so!" from the alt-white, and dems (+ women in general) will still be infuriated. If the House flips they'll keep on digging into Kav's misdeeds, as well as Trump's myriad violations of emoluments clauses, obstruction of justice etc. etc.. If THEY find anything of significance, BK could even be impeached after 2020.

It comes down to Judge who is hunkered down for absolutely no reason.

I believe we can expect a whole lot more of "I don't recall" in the coming days. Nobody in their right mind wants to become involved in this shit-circus if they can possibly avoid it. Perhaps the FBI can intimidate someone into recalling a thing or two that doesn't incriminate them, but I am pretty skeptical about that.
As blastula (among many other) has pointed out, the candidate has already been caught in sufficient lies to disqualify him under usual (pre-Trump) circumstances. Lying to Congress, failing to answer questions, blatant partisanship and complete loss of demeanor are each alone enough to reject him. Together they paint a full and detailed picture of someone who would be summarily rejected by any previous Congress.

I believe we can expect a whole lot more of "I don't recall" in the coming days. Nobody in their right mind wants to become involved in this shit-circus if they can possibly avoid it. Perhaps the FBI can intimidate someone into recalling a thing or two that doesn't incriminate them, but I am pretty skeptical about that.
As blastula (among many other) has pointed out, the candidate has already been caught in sufficient lies to disqualify him under usual (pre-Trump) circumstances. Lying to Congress, failing to answer questions, blatant partisanship and complete loss of demeanor are each alone enough to reject him. Together they paint a full and detailed picture of someone who would be summarily rejected by any previous Congress.

As someone on CNN put it, When that Crown Vic or that black Suburban pulls in your driveway, your attitude makes an abrupt adjustion.

link
Trump said:
I want the FBI -- this is now their seventh investigation -- I want them to do a very comprehensive investigation. Whatever that means according to the senators and the Republicans and the Republican majority, I want them to do that.
:banghead:

Wait... there's more?

article said:
Trump also said Kavanaugh should be interviewed by the FBI if it helps lawmakers make a decision on his nomination, though he repeatedly deferred to the Senate as the body in charge of the scope of the investigation.

"I think so," Trump said when asked if the FBI should question his nominee. "It's up to them."

"I think the FBI should interview anybody they want but within reason," Trump told reporters in the Rose Garden.

"They should interview, but they should be guided by what the senators are looking for," he said.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Bonespurs says let the FBI interview whomever it wants in relation to Kavanaugh. But according to and FBI expert on tonight's Maddow show, unless he puts that instruction in writing to the FBI, what he says means nothing. They must still follow the original written mandate.

Back
Top Bottom