• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A day without stupid?

More stupid today: He implied that NBC should have their broadcast licenses revoked for airing a story about his desire to increase the nuclear weapon stockpile. (Wanting to increase the stockpile is stupid. Wanting to shut down NBC is fascism.)
I have been assured that the president talking like this is the same as a regular citizen exercising their first amendment rights.

donald-trump-white-house.jpg

"Urrgh, now who the hell put up this annoying tightrope in the middle of the floor?"

And to quote one of the few intelligent things Don the Con has said: "You can't con people, at least not for long. You can create excitement, you can do wonderful promotion and get all kinds of press, and you can throw in a little hyperbole. But if you don't deliver the goods, people will eventually catch on."

"People will eventually catch on"?

Smart people knew his willful ignorance and malignant narcissism a long time ago. The TrumpTurds will never "catch on".

- - - Updated - - -

Mike Pence went to a football game, just so he could walk out of it. It must've cost the taxpayers millions to use the anthem to protest a protest that had to do with kneeling during the anthem. In other news about the same thing, conservatives see zero irony, hypocrisy, or batshittery in any of this.

https://www.thenation.com/article/mike-pences-nfl-walkout-was-a-cheap-transparent-stunt/

View attachment 12724

:lol:

What I want to know:

Current US nuclear weapons stockpile is around 5000 pieces.
If the story is true, and Cheato is lusting after a stockpile more in the 50,000 piece range,
WHAT PLANET IS HE PLANNING TO ATTACK ONCE THIS ONE IS A MOLTEN SLAG-HEAP?

That's weird. How does having 50,000 nuclear weapons make your army somehow stronger than one with 500 nuclear weapons?

Actually, there's an advantage. It's not a matter of being able to bounce the rubble further, but if you have more missiles than they have warheads it means you can ride out a strike and still shoot back. This pretty much takes decapitation scenarios off the table.

Obviously, only one side can have such an advantage.

(If the other side has more warheads than you have missiles there is the scenario of attempting to disrupt the response and then launching an attack on said missiles. If you are successful at disrupting the command and control for even 20 minutes you disarm the other side and are in a position to dictate terms to them. On the other hand, there are also the boomers that are meant to be able to shoot back in such a case.)

It brings my favourite Thatcher quote to mind:

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't"
/Margaret Thatcher
Yep, that is a good quote. The incessant need for self-puffery is a strange thing to watch. It is even more amazing when one has had reasonable success, especially in terms of fame. I have an in-law with similar traits, but w/o the money, fame, or scale of success (even if FFvC was born with a gilded spoon up his ass)...and the in-law really gets into the 'look at me'...'I'm so good'...

There's also a cultural problem internationally. In a lot of countries powerful people don't brag. I know it's that way in Sweden, Japan, China, Iran, UK... come to think of it most countries.

So by bragging, like he is, he is signalling to most people that he is weak, and by extension USA. That's not good for the stability of the world and world peace.

There's also the problem of making threats. The moment when he fails to back up any of his many threats USA will have lost all credibility. Not good

"People will eventually catch on"?

Smart people knew his willful ignorance and malignant narcissism a long time ago. The TrumpTurds will never "catch on".
Yes, there always will be a soft gooey core that will never give up on Don the Con. It is that middle swing vote that matters, and by all polling accounts probably has turned significantly against him. After 3 years of FFvC flailing about no obvious improvement for that working class; no improvement in health care (probably actually getting worse); no more coal jobs et.al.; DC remaining the same; and if he can't find a way to get well above a 40% (never mind spending most of the last few months below 40%) job approval rating; it would be very hard to imagine that swing vote squeaking him thru once more.

Yep, that is a good quote. The incessant need for self-puffery is a strange thing to watch. It is even more amazing when one has had reasonable success, especially in terms of fame. I have an in-law with similar traits, but w/o the money, fame, or scale of success (even if FFvC was born with a gilded spoon up his ass)...and the in-law really gets into the 'look at me'...'I'm so good'...

There's also a cultural problem internationally. In a lot of countries powerful people don't brag. I know it's that way in Sweden, Japan, China, Iran, UK... come to think of it most countries.

So by bragging, like he is, he is signalling to most people that he is weak, and by extension USA. That's not good for the stability of the world and world peace.
Ah, you must of read Putin's sinister playbook ;) Yep, even many American's are put off by braggarts.

There's also the problem of making threats. The moment when he fails to back up any of his many threats USA will have lost all credibility. Not good
Yep, which is a big part of why El Cheato's bluster about Iran and NK is troubling...

Like when Assad crossed Obama's red line re use of chemical weapons ?
Yeah, but a bit worse because Trump has threatened North Korea, China, Europe, Syria, Puerto Rico, NBC, Iran, Pakistan, MSNBC, CNN, South Korea, Canada, Mexico, Australia, and Goldberg (yeah he is terribly over-rated, but still will kick Trump's ass).

Yes, Obama looked silly with the Syria "red-line". Of course, what exactly could he do otherwise? He bluffed, it didn't work. Trump... talks serious shit about everyone.

Like when Assad crossed Obama's red line re use of chemical weapons ?

Yes. Exactly like that. Every time a threat isn't backed up, the less the world takes it seriously.

Mao's expression of "paper tiger's" spring to mind. USA made lots of threats and promised to back up Shang Kai-Shek. Didn't. That made China and Russia to lose respect for USA which most likely encouraged the movements that led to the Korea war and Vietnam war, as well as Pol Pot.

- - - Updated - - -

Obama could have not bluffed.

Yeah, Obama fucked up. It happens. The difference is that Trump is fucking up a lot.

link
Pres. Ellipsis said:
And as far as Puerto Rico is concerned, I love Puerto Rico. We've done — we've done a great job. Yeah. We've done a great job in Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico has to get the infrastructure going. We are helping them with their infrastructure. But most important on Puerto Rico is their electric plants are essentially gone. They were gone before the hurricane. They were in bankruptcy. They owed $9 billion. I think $9 billion. But the plants, as you know, were — the electric was a disaster. After the storm even more so. We have to help them get the plants rebuilt. That's a long-term project, unfortunately. But we have to help them. But I love the people of Puerto Rico and we're going to help them.
This fuckwad is the dumbest fuckwad ever to be President.

The Hurricane didn't destroy the power plants. They destroyed the transmission lines you fucking idiot!
article said:
Workers and tools must be flown to the island. Any heavy equipment, such as bucket trucks, transformers and wires, must be transported on ships.When the workers and equipment arrive, the next challenge is repairing downed lines among the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA)’s 2,478 miles of transmission lines, clearing debris from roads, and providing food and water to residents.

Lt. Gen. Todd Semonite, Commanding General of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, said at a FEMA briefing Monday the storm had knocked out 400 75-foot-tall transmission towers.

Understandable - nobody but an unscrupulous moron would advocate for racism and bigotry.
I'm probably in the vast minority here, but I do not think that he has done so.

um--birthirism? um, nice people were marching with the Nazis and KKK? um, most illegal Hispanics are rapists, thieves and/ or murderers? Um, a Hispanic judge would automatically be biased against him? Um--the Puerto Rican victims of a Hurricane are 1 lucky and too shiftless, overly dependent, fiscally bad ingrates, totally unlike the Texas and Florida victims.
Yeah, the second clause of your sentence is, in and of itself, probably correct.

It brings my favourite Thatcher quote to mind:

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't"
/Margaret Thatcher

of course she wasn't a lady, she just tried to play one on tv

I'm probably in the vast minority here, but I do not think that he has done so.

um--birthirism? um, nice people were marching with the Nazis and KKK? um, most illegal Hispanics are rapists, thieves and/ or murderers? Um, a Hispanic judge would automatically be biased against him? Um--the Puerto Rican victims of a Hurricane are 1 lucky and too shiftless, overly dependent, fiscally bad ingrates, totally unlike the Texas and Florida victims.
Yeah, the second clause of your sentence is, in and of itself, probably correct.
I have already said here many times that Trump is a habitual liar and manipulator, but racism and bigotry are not quite as easy to call, since they come from the actual person's heart.

Back
Top Bottom