• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A day without stupid?

The OP says "A day without stupid.... That is altogether too much to expect in Washington D.C. the place crawls with the most ignorant vermin the planet has ever seen. Trump is right about being a "cut above" ...the average in stupidity that is!rotting pumpkin copy.jpg

The OP says "A day without stupid.... That is altogether too much to expect in Washington D.C. the place crawls with the most ignorant vermin the planet has ever seen. Trump is right about being a "cut above" ...the average in stupidity that is!View attachment 19293

So you genuinely believe that Trump is smarter than the other people in DC?

Do tell us how you came to this amazing conclusion. What makes Trump so smart in your estimation?

The "both sides" fallacies coming out of the extreme right are becoming more and more divorced from reality. Never mind that these arguments never had any logical merit and were always an obvious attempt at changing the subject, but couldn't you at least pretend to make these arguments remotely conform to some semblance of reality? Or perhaps something that vaguely looks like reality if we hold it up to the light just so?

Trump just tweeted how Mexico is going to pay for the wall.
He retread of the NAFTA deal is going to save us money, THAT money effectively comes from Mexico, and thus, spending it on the wall means Mexico is paying for it...

Yeah, this is saying that if I buy a DVD that's marked '$5 Off,' that means that Best Buy is going to give me the DVD AND give me five bucks cash, so Best Buy is buying me a soda at lunch.

What a Maroon...

Donald J. Tantrum(p) today:

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security.”

When the shutdown happens:

"It's all the Democrats fault!"

I'd say call it a Trumpdown. I'm sure it further pisses off FFvC that Pelosi was treated like a rock star as she left the Dotard's reality tv programming...

Trump just tweeted how Mexico is going to pay for the wall.
He retread of the NAFTA deal is going to save us money, THAT money effectively comes from Mexico, and thus, spending it on the wall means Mexico is paying for it...

Yeah, this is saying that if I buy a DVD that's marked '$5 Off,' that means that Best Buy is going to give me the DVD AND give me five bucks cash, so Best Buy is buying me a soda at lunch.
It's that type of accounting which got Bernie Madoff thrown into prison. :)

This is officially the dumbest "both sides" tu quoque argument I've heard in two, possibly three days:

[YOUTUBE]tr_t5AWlth0[/YOUTUBE]

Apparently, Alec Baldwin rigged the election.

By the way, the president of the United States is arguing that there should be criminal penalties for people using their freedom of speech to criticize him. Where are all the Free Speech Warriors demanding Trump's head for attacking freedom of sp[ent]hellip[/ent] buwahahahahahaha! Sorry. I couldn't keep a straight face. Of course they don't have a problem with the president arguing for criminal consequences for public criticism. That's because the Saturday Night Live actors are not white supremacists, and according to conservolibertarians, freedom of speech only applies to white supremacists. Other people should be put in jail for saying things the government finds inconvenient.

Part of me wonders about that. It's standard to ask, "Had Obama done this..." and wonder why Obama critics are silent when Trump does something similar or worse.

Either the Obama critics are really supporting Party over Principle. Or they shrug off the latest Trump stunt because they know that nothing will come of it. Trump may want criminal penalties for criticizing him, but it won't happen, so why work up the energy to protest? Just keep the powder dry for when a Democrat takes office.

Part of me wonders about that. It's standard to ask, "Had Obama done this..." and wonder why Obama critics are silent when Trump does something similar or worse.

Either the Obama critics are really supporting Party over Principle. Or they shrug off the latest Trump stunt because they know that nothing will come of it. Trump may want criminal penalties for criticizing him, but it won't happen, so why work up the energy to protest? Just keep the powder dry for when a Democrat takes office.

It's about the tens of millions of Americans who would support Trump's attempts to silence free speech. One of the things that Americans supposedly hold most sacred is the right to speak freely without being punished. Over the past few years, that's changed.

As for Obama's critics, they were never serious. They're disingenuous hypocrites with an authoritarian agenda, which ties in nicely with America's newfound disdain for its First Amendment.

It's about the tens of millions of Americans who would support Trump's attempts to silence free speech. One of the things that Americans supposedly hold most sacred is the right to speak freely without being punished. Over the past few years, that's changed.

As for Obama's critics, they were never serious. They're disingenuous hypocrites with an authoritarian agenda, which ties in nicely with America's newfound disdain for its First Amendment.
Your last part applies to a majority of americans actually.

When asked about freedom of religious expression in generic terms, something like 99% of people were for it.

When asked if Muslims/Satanists/Jews/etc. should be able to place monuments along side xian monuments on government property, that dropped drastically.

So when the rubber meets the road most americans are hypocrits and don't understand the constitution (much like they don't read their bible).

As for Obama's critics, they were never serious. They're disingenuous hypocrites with an authoritarian agenda, which ties in nicely with America's newfound disdain for its First Amendment.democracy
FIFY.

Mattis' resignation letter was a well-crafted 'fuck off' to Trump, and his 'America First' efforts to drive away all our allies.

Trump then tweeted that Mattis has announced his RETIREMENT.

Nowhere in the letter is 'retirement' used.

Mattis' resignation letter was a well-crafted 'fuck off' to Trump, and his 'America First' efforts to drive away all our allies.

Trump then tweeted that Mattis has announced his RETIREMENT.

Nowhere in the letter is 'retirement' used.

Perhaps it's not done at the cabinet level but it stood out to me there was no compliment at the close. Not even so much as the minimalist "r".

Baldwin must be very happy he is getting to Trump.

That's the only reason he keeps doing it.

“A nation without borders is not a nation at all. Without borders, we have the reign of chaos, crime, and — believe it or not — coyotes.”

:facepalm2:

Back
Top Bottom