• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Ryan Grim on Twitter: "Good thread from a progressive who's in the business world on the @aoc primary... https://t.co/jJhlLwPo9N" / Twitter
noting
Joe Sanberg on Twitter: "A Reagan praising, Obama criticizing TV pundit is challenging @AOC in a primary on the issue of “jobs” - ..." / Twitter
A Reagan praising, Obama criticizing TV pundit is challenging @AOC in a primary on the issue of “jobs” - As a businessperson & entrepreneur who works in our economy & creates jobs, I can testify that @AOC is a million times better than her opponent for jobs and good wages. (1/8)

Look at @AOC’s agenda. The pandemic has made clear that our for-profit healthcare system is a mess & leaves millions behind. I also know firsthand that many businesses struggle with figuring out how to provide healthcare to employees. Under #MedicareForAll, we *all* win. (2/8)

In fact, @AOC’s primary opponent is a former Republican who wants to end Medicare, and called it a Ponzi scheme. In what world would ending Medicare be a strategy for jump-starting the economy? We need #Medicare4All not Medicare for None. (3/8)

Then there’s student debt. Anyone who understands the economy knows this $1.6 trillion could be used to buy homes or cars, start families, go to restaurants (actually enter the economy). As an entrepreneur, @AOC’s plan to cancel student debt is rocket fuel for job creation. (4/8)

There’s also the Green New Deal. Not only would it rapidly cut planet-warming gas emissions, but would guarantee thousands of new high-paying jobs in green industries. This is exactly the kind of proposal entrepreneurs like me flock to for the moral & economic benefits. (5/8)

Now, obviously @AOC’s politics don’t work for everyone in business. If your sole agenda is to cut corporate taxes or income tax for high earners, rather than an agenda that places workers first... then yes, you should probably find another candidate. (6/8)

And that explains what this primary “challenge” is really about. As this article👇 explains, the candidacy is being funded & encouraged by billionaires who don’t even live in the district. (7/8)

It’s fine for someone to run against @AOC or anyone else. But let’s be real about the debate. One candidate’s an extremist TV host, who wants to end Medicare. The other’s a true representative fighting for jobs & her constituents. Rarely is a choice so clear. (8/8)
Great.

Seems like AOC could repeat what she said about Joe Crowley: "This race is about people versus money. We’ve got people, they’ve got money. It’s time we acknowledge that not all Democrats are the same. That a Democrat who takes corporate money, profits off foreclosure, doesn’t live here, doesn’t send his kids to our schools, doesn’t drink our water or breathe our air, cannot possibly represent us." - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez The Courage To Change | LYBIO.NET Discover New Reading Content.

Woah, is this a jab at Maxine Waters?

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Take it from NY14, the most COVID-impacted community in America:
There is a clear reason our communities are hit hardest by COVID: the vast, systemic inequalities that were growing pre-COVID are now determining who lives or dies in this pandemic.
It’s time for Medicare for All. https://t.co/P5imObmNp1" / Twitter

Then a video showing off some of the donations that AOC and her staffers have made. Toward the end, there are invitations for volunteering as phonebankers and for making donations.

As a campaign ad, it seems rather subtle. It reminds me of "Courage to Change", her famous 2018 campaign ad.

Meghan McCain knocked as a "coward" for abruptly disappearing from "The View" during AOC interview | Salon.com
"The View" questioned Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) on Wednesday, but conservative co-host Meghan McCain did not participate in the interview despite being present on the show earlier.

McCain was present at the beginning of the show, when the panel discussed President Donald Trump's recent attacks on the World Health Organization. She was also present for an interview with health official Dr. Deborah Birx.

But when the panel interviewed Ocasio-Cortez, McCain did not ask any questions and did not appear on screen.
:rotfl:

Knock Down The House | FULL FEATURE | Netflix - YouTube - I couldn't believe it when I saw an announcement of it, because I thought that that might be yet another bootleg copy. But it's the real deal, from Netflix itself. I checked on Netflix's YouTube channel, and there is a lot of trailers there -- and several full episodes of productions for that channel.

Knock Down The House - the movie's home page.

It's a documentary of AOC's first run for office, back in 2018, alongside Cori Bush, running for MO-01, Paula Jean Swearengin, running for WV-SEN, and Amy Vilela, running for NV-04. See AOC as a bartender in it, lugging buckets of ice. Also see AOC compare her campaign literature with her predecessor's - also what a doofus her predecessor was.

Where are they now? AOC is running for re-election, CB and PJS are trying again, and AV is involved with Support Working Women Candidates | Matriarch, supporting Morgan Harper (OH-03), Rachel Ventura (IL-11, she lost the primary), Nabilah Islam (GA-07), Samelys Lopez (NY-15, AOC is also supporting her), Melanie D'Arrigo (NY-03), and CB (MO-01 again).

Some more who are supported by Matriarch PAC: Eva Putzova (AZ-01), Brianna Wu (MA-08), Ihssane Leckey (MA-04), Rebecca Parson (WA-06). So AV will be helping others get elected.

CNBC's Michelle Caruso-Cabrera Writes ‘You Know I'm Right’ - from 2020 Oct 7

Former GE CEO Jack Welch: “Michelle Caruso Cabrera is very smart and the real deal. Her strong opinions always make you think.”
Michelle says the country has lost its way and in doing so she says, we have abandoned our economic foundations, fiscal conservatism, limited government and personal accountability.

A self-proclaimed fiscally conservative, socially liberal American, Michelle says our political parties have been hijacked by the wrong issues and have abandoned "the loyal Americans who believe that government should stay out of our private lives and out of our pocketbooks."

Michelle's answer is less government, not more; less spending, not more. Placing blame on both parties for the out of control spending and excessive social interference, Michelle says the country must return to the fundamentals of American politics - small government, less spending.

Larry Kudlow, host of CNBC's Kudlow Report, has written the foreword in Michelle's book and says, "You Know I’m Right, is all about economic freedom in pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness. She knows that the principles of freedom set down by the Founders must, as Reagan frequently reminded us, be at the very heart of American recovery."
Then some excerpts from her book.

Larry Kudlow is now an economic advisor for tRump. Or should I say #45?

AOC pays a lot of attention to her district, like:

Woke Foods on Instagram: “Atención, atención! So you wanna grow food? …”
Atención, atención! So you wanna grow food? Woke Foods worker-owners, Ysanet and Frances, are excited to be going live on Instagram next week for a three-part series dedicated to the simple, yet powerful, action of starting seeds at home with the intention of growing food and medicine. 🌱
Join us Monday 4/20, Wednesday 4/22, & Friday 4/24 from 3:00p to 4:00p ET. Topics & deets on the graphic (swipe ➡️) + below ⬇️:
Part I : Where Do We Even Begin?
Part II : How Do We Actually START Seeds? . 
Part III : Now What?
#WokeFoods #AlimentosConscientes #SoYouWannaGrowFood #GrowFood #StartSeeds #FeedYourPod #Vegan #PlantBased #420 #EarthDay 🌎 #NewMoon 🌚

AOC also linked to some paintings of essential workers by a certain ayabrown.tiff - in one of her videos, she shows herself in action doing physical painting - analog painting.

A store clerk:
🔥⚡️𝓛𝓲𝓵’ 𝓑𝓸𝓭𝔂⚡🔥 on Instagram: “OH YOU ATE ALL YA QUARANTINE SNACKS??? .
THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE SIS AT THE SUPER MARKET TELL HER THANK YOU. USUALLY, THERE IS A CLEAR QUART CONTAINER BY YOUR GROCERIES SHE JUST BAGGED FOR YOU THAT HAS SOME PENNIES IN IT. THATS HER TIP JAR! IF YOU GOT IT DROP SUM IN THERE FOR HER ❤️

A transit worker:
🔥⚡️𝓛𝓲𝓵’ 𝓑𝓸𝓭𝔂⚡🔥 on Instagram: “I WAS GONNA WAIT TO SHARE THIS ONE... BUT I HAVE NO PATIENCE DURING THIS QUARANTINE 🙈 ... THIS THE LADY THAT ME GET ON THE GATES AVE B52 WITH OUT MY SCHOOL METRO 💙YALL KNOW THIS LADY 💙 KEEP HER SAFE !!!
Drawing By Aya Brown”

A store manager:
🔥⚡️𝓛𝓲𝓵’ 𝓑𝓸𝓭𝔂⚡🔥 on Instagram: “ONE OF MY FAVORITE HUMANS IN THE WORLD ❤️ @lilglazeddoughnut_ IS A STORE DIRECTOR AT TARGET! SHES BEEN HOLDING IT DOWN, AND KEEPING EVERYONES SPIRITS UP 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 SHE MIGHT KILL ME FOR SHARING THIS VIDEO... BUT IDC . WE LOVE YOU BRITT ! PROTECT HER ! ESSENTIAL WORKER REALNESS !!! ...(video was taken before social distancing restrictions...relax)
Drawing by Aya Brown”

A postal worker:
🔥⚡️𝓛𝓲𝓵’ 𝓑𝓸𝓭𝔂⚡🔥 on Instagram: “ESSENTIAL REALNESS . THANK YOU POSTAL WORKERS . PROTECT THEM 💙
🗣 #STAYHOME ...
FUCK RONA
Drawing by Aya Brown”

A healthcare worker:
🔥⚡️𝓛𝓲𝓵’ 𝓑𝓸𝓭𝔂⚡🔥 on Instagram: “BIG LOVE AND PROTECTION TO ALL THE HEALTHCARE WORKERS. BIG THANK YOU . BIG RESPECT . ... I HOPE EVERYONE IS BEING RESPONSIBLE,STAYING SAFE AND POSITIVE.

Drawing by Aya Brown

#FUCKCORONA”

Some more:

🔥⚡️𝓛𝓲𝓵’ 𝓑𝓸𝓭𝔂⚡🔥 on Instagram: “My submission for the #ILYSM4Artists Grant. Follow @ilysm.jpg & support #4CreativesByCreatives #ILYSM4ArtistsWeek4#ILYSMArt ... THE TRADE WORKER💘 MISS MTA 💙 AND THE WOMEN WHO SAVED YOU MANY TIMES 💚 PROTECT THEM ✨ THANK YOU ESSENTIAL WORKERS 😘

🔥⚡️𝓛𝓲𝓵’ 𝓑𝓸𝓭𝔂⚡🔥 on Instagram: “THIS WOMAN HAS SAVED YOUR LIFE BEFORE. ... LORD PLEASE PROTECT THE HEALTHCARE WORKERS. ...
Sending my love to everyone! Stay positive please 🥰 ...
Drawing by Aya Brown”

Knock Down the House - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez - YouTube

Her apartment building

AOC: "Thank you"

Her apartment. We see her receiving something.

AOC: "Thank you"

She drinks some coffee.

Switch to her boyfriend Riley Roberts looking on, then back to her.

AOC: "So look at this thing. Everybody in the district got this Victoria's Secret catalog of my opponent," referring to Joe Crowley's campaign mailing. It has a portrait of him spread over it. "I'm not trying to gas myself up or brag or anything," she says as she picks up one of hers, "but this is the difference between an organizer and a strategist," showing off both mailings.

"What am I trying to get people to do? Two things. I want them to know my name, I want them to know they need to vote," pointing out the picture of herself and the announcement of the primary-election date. "OK, vote for her, why?" and she points to various planks in her platform printed on the back side. "End the war on drugs. 100% renewable energy. Tuition-free public college."

"This is how a strategist does it," she continued, holding up JC's mailer. "Where's the primary date on this? When you first see it, when you first pull it out of your mailbox. 'Taking on Donald Trump in Washington. Delivering for Queens and the Bronx.' 'Deliver' is insider talk. 'Deliver' means 'pork'," with a hand on one side for a mock whisper. "'Uhh, Alex, you're being too harsh. You're being way too harsh. Give him a chance.' OK. Let's give him a chance." She opens up JC's mailing.

It says things like "Democrat Joe Crowley is leading the fight against Donald Trump" and "It's my honor to serve as your congressman. I'll never back down to Trump and the Republicans. Instead, I'll always fight for New York values." and "Joe's Values" with "Policies that help everyone, not just the wealthy few" and "Standing up for immigrants and vulnerable New Yorkers" and "Promoting opportunity and equality"

"OK, we got this big, beautiful spread here. Where's the primary date?" She read it. "'"Democrat Joe Crowley is leading the fight against Donald Trump'" She looked at the camera and tilted her head. "There is nothing about the path forward here. Trump, three times, commitments, zero times," putting up three fingers then making a circle with them.

Then RR said something, moving his hands' palms together for emphasis. "One of these core, core issues for the Democratic establishment is that their consultants are garbage. They're losing. It's scary. But this is like the fourth most powerful Democrat in the country, and this is the type of stuff that he's doing?" She seems to agree that it's horrible.

Then a commuter train going by outside the window.

AOC visiting an empty migrant compound. But hey, never waste a photo opp.

View attachment 27188

You've used this deceptive picture before and apparently didn't learn your lesson.

Note the narrow angle--you can't actually see what's inside from this photo, it is not evidence the compound is empty. (And it wasn't.)

Why I’m Running Against AOC - WSJ - "The virus hit Queens hard. Those Amazon jobs could’ve helped." by Michelle Caruso-Cabrera

Has a video with caption "Wonder Land: While Republicans warn against a permanent government expansion, Democrats including Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez see this as a big progressive moment. Images: CDC/Planet Pix/Getty Images Composite: Mark Kelly "

Schumer says he's focused on job when asked about possible Ocasio-Cortez primary challenge | TheHill
“Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez this week did not rule out a possible 2022 primary run against you,” CNN’s Jake Tapper asked Schumer on "State of the Union," referencing the representative’s interview with Politico Playbook last week. “Are you confident you could beat her?”

“Look, throughout my career, I have done my job. I'm totally focused on this COVID. We are the epicenter,” Schumer responded, referring to his home state.

“And I have found, throughout my career, you do your job well, everything else works out OK,” he added.
So both AOC and CS are rather weaselly about this issue.

‘Republican AOC’ Laura Loomer gains steam in Florida congressional run | Fox News
'Republican AOC' Laura Loomer gains steam in congressional run

From the NY Post:
Laura Loomer, a 26-year-old conservative provocateur running for Congress in the Sunshine State, is gaining strength with activists and donors buzzing about the possibility that she is the conservative answer to New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

“She’s the Republicans’ AOC,” longtime GOP strategist Roger Stone gushed to The Post. “She’s young. She’s energetic. She’s feisty. She’s anti-establishment, and she has an enormous national following, as does AOC, which can help finance a congressional race.”

Like the Queens/Bronx congresswoman, few took Loomer seriously when she declared her candidacy in the heavily blue 21st District back in August 2019. Long considered a fringe GOP voice, with stints at James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas and the Canadian far-right Rebel Media, she is best known for her strident criticism of Islam, which has resulted in bans from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Medium, Paypal, Venmo, GoFundMe, Lyft, Uber, Uber Eats and MGM Resorts.

But she is raising serious money. Loomer’s campaign collected $204,786 in the first quarter of 2020, according to April filings with the Federal Election Commission, bringing her total haul to nearly $600,000 — significantly more than her eight GOP primary rivals combined
Let's see if she gets anywhere in FL-21.

TC said that AOC got "a silly pointless degree at a silly pointless private college" -- Economics and International Relations at Boston University.

"Our lives don’t have to match some chicken heir’s idea of struggle to be validated." -- great skewering.

Tucker Carlson's education w/ present-day tuition values:
  • La Jolla Country Day School, CA - $34,550 / yr
  • St. George's School, Middletown RI - $61,550 / yr
  • Trinity College, Hartford CT - $56,380 / yr
  • Degree - BA in History
In fairness, BU's tuition is now $56,854 / yr

St. George's is an upscale boarding school. It has:
  • Arts center w/ theater
  • Big swimming pool for racing
  • All-weather track & field facility
  • Ice-skating rink for ice hockey
  • Courts for tennis, basketball, squash, lacrosse, baseball & hockey

Responding to AOC responding to TC:
Pete D’Abrosca on Twitter: "Or is it possible that sometimes affluent kids disappoint their parents and grow up to be bartenders? https://t.co/cdPW9O62hc" / Twitter
then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "My mom learned English at 23 and sent 2 kids to college scrubbing toilets after my dad died. She raised the youngest woman elected to Congress.
You should take your classist garbage & realize that the workers YOU rely on to eat are not ‘disappointments’ or unworthy human beings. https://t.co/H2krsGVFtP" / Twitter

Pete D'Abrosca has written a biography of AOC where he attempts to expose her as an elitist fraud. He complained that her family and friends and associates would not cooperate with her on that book.

AOC deletes tweet saying she ‘loved’ to see US oil prices at record-low after being accused of cheering job losses | The Independent
Those comments were criticised by Republicans such as Texas congressman Jodey Arrington, who retorted: “I don’t ‘love to see’ oil & gas workers & their rural communities suffering as a result of this devastating price collapse, @AOC.”

Mr Arrington added: “’Places like West Texas & hard-working men & women in the oil patch power the bright lights of NYC...including the hospitals!”

Negative oil price: AOC deletes tweet 'you absolutely love to see it' - Business Insider

2020 Election United States House - New York - District 14 | FEC - now up-to-date to March 31

[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR]
[TD]Candidate
[/TD]
[TD]Party
[/TD]
[TD]$ Raised
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]AOC
[/TD]
[TD]D
[/TD]
[TD]$8,110,603.01
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]John Cummings
[/TD]
[TD]R
[/TD]
[TD]$1,598,081.56
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]MCC
[/TD]
[TD]D
[/TD]
[TD]$1,086,280.20
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scherie Murray
[/TD]
[TD]R
[/TD]
[TD]$679,539.89
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jineea Butler
[/TD]
[TD]R
[/TD]
[TD]$337,895.88
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Badrun Khan
[/TD]
[TD]D
[/TD]
[TD]$64,152.77
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Antoine Tucker
[/TD]
[TD]R
[/TD]
[TD]$35,757.63
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Fernando Cabrera
[/TD]
[TD]D
[/TD]
[TD]$30,268.39
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Miguel Hernandez
[/TD]
[TD]R
[/TD]
[TD]$23,657.67
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ruth Papazian
[/TD]
[TD]R
[/TD]
[TD]$17,405.00
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Israel Ortega Cruz
[/TD]
[TD]R
[/TD]
[TD]$4,482.95
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rey Solano
[/TD]
[TD]R
[/TD]
[TD]$0.00
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jose Velazquez
[/TD]
[TD]D
[/TD]
[TD]$0.00
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rally Robot
[/TD]
[TD]I
[/TD]
[TD]$0.00
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
From Edward Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Ch. 37, Note 057):
I have somewhere heard or read the frank confession of a Benedictine abbot: "My vow of poverty has given me an hundred thousand crowns a year; my vow of obedience has raised me to the rank of a sovereign prince." I forget the consequences of his vow of chastity.
Her seeking only small-dollar contributions and avoiding big money may be interpreted as a vow of poverty.

Obedience? She is unbought and unbossed; she has no fealty to either big contributors or to some party apparat.

Chastity? The closest she comes there is dressing very ordinarily, with ordinary levels of modesty. The most exhibitionist she gets is plunging necklines.

But I've found ‘I’ve always had big breasts’: Lawmaker’s plunging neckline stirs Brazilian parliament (PHOTOS) — RT World News She's Ana Paula "Paulinha" de Silva, who served two terms as a city mayor, and last October, she became a legislator in the Legislative Assembly of Santa Catarina, a state in Brazil.

AOC Instagrammed on Zinn Education Project on Instagram: “…8 HOURS LABOUR 8 HOURS RECREATION 8 HOURS REST…”
On April 21, 1856, stonemasons and other construction workers on building sites around Melbourne, Australia stopped work and marched from the University of Melbourne to Parliament House. They demanded eight hours for work, eight hours for recreation, and eight hours for rest. Their direct action protest was a success, becoming one of the first by organized workers to achieve an eight-hour workday.
Find more resources to teach labor history at https://www.zinnedproject.org/news/tdih/workers-protest-australia/
[Image description: Drawing of a banner hanging in Melbourne in 1856 that reads, “8 HOURS LABOUR 8 HOURS RECREATION 8 HOURS REST”.]

#TDIH #ThisDayInHistory #OnThisDay #OnThisDayInHistory #TeachOutsideTextbook #PeoplesHistory

Back
Top Bottom