• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Almost all terrorists are Muslim" derail split from "Rants"

I'll repeat my assertion and unless you can prove otherwise, and not just the North American continent as you have done, but world wide terrorism attacks including muslim against muslim as in Pakistan just yesterday, I suggest you drop the subject.

I'll repeat my assertion and unless you can prove otherwise, and not just the North American continent as you have done, but world wide terrorism attacks including muslim against muslim as in Pakistan just yesterday, I suggest you drop the subject.

Since you obviously think that's how the burden of proof works, I'll assert that you raped both my sister and my wife and you better not deny it unless you can prove you didn't.

I've posted links proving my point. If you can prove me wrong, by all means, go ahead! Perhaps we should take this to a new thread?

Compare the number of terrorists to the number of Muslims. It's a tiny percentage.

The real problem is that the terrorists operate with near impunity in Muslim communities. While they may be rejected they aren't reported.

- - - Updated - - -

One cannot argue with one who is so blind that sees the world through rose coloured glasses. Perhaps you should do a detour while overseas and stop off in Israel for a week or so to see first hand what islamic terrorism is all about!!

What evidence would this detour provide to support your incorrect assertion that "nearly all terrorists are Muslims"?

Where is there a substantial non-Muslim terrorist movement?

The only things that even come close are drug-war related.

Compare the number of terrorists to the number of Muslims. It's a tiny percentage.

The real problem is that the terrorists operate with near impunity in Muslim communities. While they may be rejected they aren't reported.

- - - Updated - - -

One cannot argue with one who is so blind that sees the world through rose coloured glasses. Perhaps you should do a detour while overseas and stop off in Israel for a week or so to see first hand what islamic terrorism is all about!!

What evidence would this detour provide to support your incorrect assertion that "nearly all terrorists are Muslims"?

Well, according to Wikipedia's list of designated terrorist organisations, there are a few non-Muslim movements out there:

Aum Shinrikyo
Communist Party of India (Marxist–Leninist)
Communist Party of the Philippines
New People's Army
Communist Party of Turkey/Marxist–Leninist
Conspiracy of Fire Nuclei
Continuity Irish Republican Army
Cumann na mBan
Donetsk People's Republic
Ergenekon
Euskadi Ta Askatasuna (ETA)
Fianna Éireann
International Sikh Youth Federation
Irish National Liberation Army
Irish People's Liberation Organisation
Kach and Kahane Chai
Kangleipak Communist Party
Kanglei Yawol Kanna Lup
Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam
Loyalist Volunteer Force
Lugansk People's Republic
Manipur People’s Liberation Front
Maoist Communist Centre of India
Marxist–Leninist Communist Party (Turkey)
National Democratic Front of Bodoland
National Liberation Army (Colombia)
National Liberation Front of Tripura
Orange Volunteers
People's Liberation Army of Manipur
People's Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak
Provisional Irish Republican Army
Real Irish Republican Army
Red Hand Commando
Red Hand Defenders
FARC (Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia—Ejército del Pueblo)
Revolutionary Organization 17 November
Revolutionary People's Liberation Party–Front
Revolutionary Struggle
Saor Éire
Shining Path
Tamil Nadu Liberation Army
Tamil National Retrieval Troops
Ulster Defence Association
Ulster Volunteer Force
United Liberation Front of Assam
United National Liberation Front
United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia
World Tamil Movement

But I expect they are all really Muslims in disguise. :rolleyesa:

That list above are babes in arms as compared to this top ten terrorist organisations in the world. These terrorists are responsible for thousands of deaths and hundreds of thousands maimed and injured.

http://topyaps.com/top-10-terrorist-groups-in-the-world

Well I am sure their mothers are very proud of them.

But it doesn't alter the fact that your assertion that "Almost all terrorists are Muslims" is wrong.

A sizeable and significant proportion of terrorists are non-Muslims.

That list above are babes in arms as compared to this top ten terrorist organisations in the world. These terrorists are responsible for thousands of deaths and hundreds of thousands maimed and injured.

http://topyaps.com/top-10-terrorist-groups-in-the-world

But it doesn't alter the fact that your assertion that "Almost all terrorists are Muslims" is wrong.

No, no, no, no.

If a Christian conservative bombs a clinic, shoots a doctor, bombs a gay night club, or attempts to bomb a Martin Luther King jr parade, we do not call them terrorists. We must always call them Freedom Fighters, or Defenders of Freedom, or patriotic Real AmericansTM. Acts of violence by the KKK are not terrorist acts, but examples of the KKK heroically defending us from Political Correctness because they love our freedom.

As for terrorist acts by Irish Christians or Indian Christians, we can ignore those because the American media hardly ever reports on that stuff. African Christians setting children on fire doesn't count as terrorism because they are defending the world from witches.

No, no, no, no.

If a Christian conservative bombs a clinic, shoots a doctor, bombs a gay night club, or attempts to bomb a Martin Luther King jr parade, we do not call them terrorists. We must always call them Freedom Fighters, or Defenders of Freedom, or patriotic Real AmericansTM. Acts of violence by the KKK are not terrorist acts, but examples of the KKK heroically defending us from Political Correctness because they love our freedom.

As for terrorist acts by Irish Christians or Indian Christians, we can ignore those because the American media hardly ever reports on that stuff. African Christians setting children on fire doesn't count as terrorism because they are defending the world from witches.
See, this is why I just adore you. I laughed so hard I snorted. :hysterical:

It's not often reported either that over 2 years alone, Israel has suffered over 20.000 terrorist attacks. 20.000, that's a staggering number that would not be tolerated anywhere else in the Western world.

It's not often reported either that over 2 years alone, Israel has suffered over 20.000 terrorist attacks. 20.000, that's a staggering number that would not be tolerated anywhere else in the Western world.

To be fair, though, the reason it isn't often reported is that it is only true if you stretch the definition of a terrorist attack beyond its breaking point.

There really is no point in all these deflection tactics anyway - your initial assertion is in question here, and you can't get away from it by trying to shift your argument to something different. You were and are wrong to assert that "Almost all terrorists are Muslims". That remains untrue, even if you sidetrack discussion into a debate about Israel.

Shit, not even all terrorists in Israel are Muslims - they have their very own radical Jewish terrorist organisations too. :rolleyesa:

Reactions: One

To be fair, though, the reason it isn't often reported is that it is only true if you stretch the definition of a terrorist attack beyond its breaking point.

There really is no point in all these deflection tactics anyway - your initial assertion is in question here, and you can't get away from it by trying to shift your argument to something different. You were and are wrong to assert that "Almost all terrorists are Muslims". That remains untrue, even if you sidetrack discussion into a debate about Israel.

Shit, not even all terrorists in Israel are Muslims - they have their very own radical Jewish terrorist organisations too. :rolleyesa:

Not even all Palestinian terrorists are Muslims - e.g. the  Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine was founded a Greek Orthodox Christian.

And yet somehow, Israel manages to rack up a larger civilian body count than those terrorists, which is something else that would not be tolerated anywhere else in the world.

The arguments Palestinians make to excuse the slaughtering of Israeli civilians provides Israel with justification for killing Palestinian civilians. The arguments Israelis make to excuse the slaughtering of Palestinian civilians provides Palestinians with justification for killing Israeli civilians. If the moral costs of killing civilians were of any real concern to either side, they would stop making excuses.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, according to Wikipedia's list of designated terrorist organisations, there are a few non-Muslim movements out there:

Aum Shinrikyo
New People's Army
Cumann na mBan
Ergenekon
Fianna Éireann
Kach and Kahane Chai
Kanglei Yawol Kanna Lup
Loyalist Volunteer Force
Orange Volunteers
Red Hand Commando
Red Hand Defenders
Revolutionary Struggle
Saor Éire
Shining Path
Ulster Volunteer Force
World Tamil Movement

How many of them are actually active these days? There were a lot of Marxist-Leninist groups in the past but they withered when Moscow quit funding them.

No, no, no, no.

They're often described as terrorists. (Although I'm not sure I would call the doctor-shooters terrorists. They're attacking what they see as enemies.)

No, no, no, no.

They're often described as terrorists. (Although I'm not sure I would call the doctor-shooters terrorists. They're attacking what they see as enemies.)

If "attacking what they see as enemies" makes them not terrorists, there aren't a whole lot of terrorists left.

No, no, no, no.

Unlike terrorists who.....

How about the people who set abortion clinics on fire, and set bombs to go off when the firemen come to fight the casualty? That seems pretty terroristic to me.

Wouldn't this thread have been better off with a definition of terrorists at the start?
Angelo seems to define 'terorrist' as 'A muslim who kills or wants to kill.' If that's his definition, then, yes, most terrorists are muslims. They kinda have to be.

If the definition has more to do with target selection, religious or political motivation, willingness to harm non-combatants, preparation of you-tubes with manifestos... Whatever.
That'll affect the numbers being discussed.

Right now, though, it's hilarious.
"Prove that most terrorists are muslim!" is countered with "Well, these muslims are meaner than those on your list...." My terrorist can beat up your terrorist.
Absolute comedy gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Aum Shinrikyo
New People's Army
Cumann na mBan
Ergenekon
Fianna Éireann
Kach and Kahane Chai
Kanglei Yawol Kanna Lup
Loyalist Volunteer Force
Orange Volunteers
Red Hand Commando
Red Hand Defenders
Revolutionary Struggle
Saor Éire
Shining Path
Ulster Volunteer Force
World Tamil Movement

How many of them are actually active these days? There were a lot of Marxist-Leninist groups in the past but they withered when Moscow quit funding them.

Interesting thread. Makes me think about what gets reported in the news on this front. On the surface, you'd think Angelo is spot on but to my surprise, his original statement really misses the mark.
How do we know who's active and to what extent? I've been looking at the Jewish Defense League and trying to make just that determination.
Gotta dig in .gov

"I acted alone and on orders from God"
-Yigal Amir

The data posted thus far by Bilby seems good up until 2005.
More recent data shows Sunnis are carrying the load these days. I've only skimmed this but here's is some info:
National Counterterrorism Center
UNCLASSIFIED
UNCLASSIFIED
Deaths Grouped by Perpetrator Type (2011)
Perpetrators
Sunni extremists accounted for the greatest number of terrorist attacks and fatalities for the third
consecutive year. More than 5,700 incidents were attributed to Sunni extremists, accounting for nearly
56 percent of all attacks and about 70 percent of all fatalities. Among this perpetrator group, al-Qa‘ida
(AQ) and its affiliates were responsible for at least 688 attacks that resulted in almost 2,000 deaths, while the
Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan conducted over 800 attacks that resulted in nearly 1,900 deaths.
Secular, political, and anarchist groups were the next largest category of perpetrators, conducting 2,283
attacks with 1,926 fatalities, a drop of 5 percent and 9 percent, respectively, from 2010.
For your perusal
fas.org/irp/threat/nctc2011.pdf
Story: http://http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sunni-muslim-extremists-committed-70-terrorist-murders-2011

But I can take comfort in the fact that
According to the report, the number of U.S. citizens who died in terrorist attacks increased by two between 2010 and 2011; overall, a comparable number of Americans are crushed to death by their televisions or furniture each year.
Or not.

A good rule of thumb may be that if you hear about a terrorist act and you make the assumption that those who did it were Muslims, how often are you going to be wrong?

For instance, if gunmen attack a village, kill all the men and drag off all the women and girls, what are the odds that the Prophet comes up in the first sentence of their justification for doing it? If various people shoot up or blow up government buildings here and there, what percentage of them are going to have selected Koranic verses found in their apartments or on their Facebook posts?

When that guy shot up the Canadian Parliament buildings, everybody's first assumption was that ISIS was going to figure prominently in his rationales and everybody was right. When that bomb went off at the Boston marathon, everybody figured that radical Islam was the guiding force behind why the bomb was placed there and everyone was right. There seems to be a very good reason that the go-to assumption involves Allah.

Back
Top Bottom