• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another Trump Rape Surfaces

Math check time!

The highest number we have for the % of women who are the victim of sexual assault is 1 in 4.

Reality check time. Why do you assume all these women were only attacked once in their lives?

If you ask me "Have I ever been sexually assaulted," My answer is "yes."
You didn't ask how many times.
That number is 3

If you ask how many hideous men I have known, that number jumps to include those who harassed and threatened.

Your math is stupid and privileged.

My math is fine, your math is irrelevant to the issue.

Assuming assaults are independent if 1 in 4 have been assaulted then 1 in 16 have been assaulted twice, 1 in 64 have been assaulted 3 times and so on.

No your math and your grasp of reality are quite flawed.

Math check time!

The highest number we have for the % of women who are the victim of sexual assault is 1 in 4.

Reality check time. Why do you assume all these women were only attacked once in their lives?

If you ask me "Have I ever been sexually assaulted," My answer is "yes."
You didn't ask how many times.
That number is 3

If you ask how many hideous men I have known, that number jumps to include those who harassed and threatened.

Your math is stupid and privileged.

Assuming assaults are independent if 1 in 4 have been assaulted then 1 in 16 have been assaulted twice, 1 in 64 have been assaulted 3 times and so on.
Wrong. Your requires the additional assumption that 1 in 4 have only been assaulted once. And since at least one of the assumptions is false and the other one (independence) is likely to be untrue, that makes your math completely irrelevant. Since a number of posters have pointed out that the 1 in 4 refers to 1 in 4 woman being assaulted at least once (not only once as your math requires), it makes your math stupid as well.

Let's have some more fun with math. For some reason I can't seem to find any estimates on the percentage of men that commit sexual assault. LOT's of stats about their victims, but, so far, I can't seem to find anything that says X% of men commit Y.

I have been able to find percentages on college males, however, so those will suffice:

A 1987 national survey found that among college men, 4% reported they had committed completed rape, 3% attempted rape, 7% sexual coercion, and 10% unwanted sexual contact since age 14 years (Koss, Gidycz, & Wisniewski, 1987). Similar rates have been found in more recent studies, with 11-14% of male students reporting some form of SA over the preceding year (Abbey & McAuslan, 2004; Monson & Langhinrichsen-Rohling, 2002; Thompson, Kingree, Koss, Goree, & Rice, 2011; White & Smith, 2004).

Because self-reporting of criminal behavior is notoriously low, we can comfortably take the 24% total from the 1987 survey and add another 10% at the very least for a general estimate as to how many men commit varying degrees of severity of sexual assault--ranging from "unwanted sexual contact" to penetrative rape--at 34%.

There are around 150,000,0000 men in the US, so, using the college numbers as an indicator, that's about 51,000,000 who are full-on active predators; i.e., those who have already committed some form of sexual assault since the age of 14.

Further, we have this to consider:

Only two studies of college men had large enough samples to investigate what percentage of rapists are repeat rapists, one a study of typical 18-22 year old men at large university and the other of older men at a commuter school. Both studies found that two-thirds or more of college rapists are repeat rapists who have raped four or more times on average, even within a single year of college.

Due to simple math, those two-thirds of college rapists who average four or more rapes each account for the vast majority of college rapes, around 90% or more. A study of college-aged Navy recruits had the same findings, which suggests that these statistics are not determined by whether men are college students or not. Finally, in the study of typical college men about 25% of rapists, the majority of whom are repeat offenders, admitted to raping in more than one year of college. However, that 25% statistic depends on rapists, including repeat rapists, being equally honest, year after year, on survey questions about rape.

From this we have the fact that a certain large percentage--two-thirds--of college rapists rape four or more times per year. Now, some may argue that college affords more opportunities for predators, but that's irrelevant to intent.

So, two-thirds of the 51M that commit some form of assault is about 34 Million men in America that would commit at least four or more rapes (full-on penetrative) per year, so it's safe to assume the number of "lesser" assaults would be much much higher for those other 17 million, so let's say it's on the order of five times more? Per year.

Again, at least in regard to intent, if not execution. Iow, if the circumstances present themselves, 2/3's of active predator males would rape four or more times, while 1/3 would sexually assault (in a "lesser" severity sense) twenty or more times. Per year.

So, again, conservatively, 34 M times 4 would be 136 M full-on rapes per year; 17 M times 20 would be 340 M "lesser" severe assaults per year for a grand total of some 476 Million sexual assaults--potentially, as a condition of very general estimates on the lowest end of the scale and in the sense of the "pool" of possible incidents just as a factor of active predators and their intent--per year.

Now throw into that pool a woman like Carroll, who swims in the higher risk end of that pool (i.e., she is a celebrity who worked and lived primarily in large cities with higher percentages of such predators and interviewed/mingled with people in positions of power and industries that would attract such predators, etc).

Iow, swimming in the deep end of the 476 million yearly potential sexual assaults pool for seventy five years, only having a list of 21 "hideous men" (i.e., predators that she met along that way) is nothing.

Last edited:
...51,000,000 who are full-on active predators

Leaves 12 million Trump voters unaccounted for...

Indeed, and I forgot to multiply the 476 M per year potential pool by, let's say 50 years to compensate for population variance over the years Carroll has been alive, so in her lifetime the "pool" of potential sexaul assaults of varrying degrees of severity is upwards of, let's call it 25 Trillion incidents?

Iow, Carroll (and any woman in the US her age or younger) has been swimming her entire life in the deep end of a pool of (conservatively), 25 Trillion sexual assault incidents being committed or intended to be committed. Again, on the low low side, so it's really more along the lines of 50 trillion[/i] or more potential/actual incidents.

Imagine a mine field with 50 Trillion mines hidden pretty much anywhere you'd normally step throughout your life.

So, again, the idea that 21 out of those 50 Trillion happened to her is by no means incredulous.

Last edited:
Imagine a mine field with 50 Trillion mines hidden pretty much anywhere you'd normally step throughout your life.
So, again, the idea that 21 out of those 50 Trillion happened to her is by no means incredulous.

Especially when the accused is the self declared Minelayer In Chief.

Wrong. Your requires the additional assumption that 1 in 4 have only been assaulted once. And since at least one of the assumptions is false and the other one (independence) is likely to be untrue, that makes your math completely irrelevant. Since a number of posters have pointed out that the 1 in 4 refers to 1 in 4 woman being assaulted at least once (not only once as your math requires), it makes your math stupid as well.

The answer to a math error is to show the corrected calculation, not keep saying it's wrong.

The answer to a math error is to show the corrected calculation, not keep saying it's wrong.

So if someone says x=3 and someone else proves x != 3, it's not a proof that x != 3. Hmmm...you seem to be wrong.

You are mistaken. A numbet of posters including me, have pointed out logic errors. There is insufficient informstion to do any calculation.

You are mistaken. A numbet of posters including me, have pointed out logic errors. There is insufficient informstion to do any calculation.

I wouldn't go that far, but, yes, insufficient to do any kind of specific or, I guess, exhaustive calculation, of course. But even with the estimates and ranges I provided, we're talking about a pool of tens of trillions of "land mines" that any person could easily trip multiple times, particularly if they lived the lifestyle Carroll had.

I wouldn't go that far, but, yes, insufficient to do any kind of specific or, I guess, exhaustive calculation, of course. But even with the estimates and ranges I provided, we're talking about a pool of tens of trillions of "land mines" that any person could easily trip multiple times, particularly if they lived the lifestyle Carroll had.

Come again??? What kind of ‘lifestyle’ is it that you think Carroll has lived? How different do you think her experiences are from those of most women—famous names and places aside.

Come again??? What kind of ‘lifestyle’ is it that you think Carroll has lived?

As I've stated, which you might want to review, before thinking I've said something untoward. Life style, not lifestyle, meaning she lived and worked in large cities and had a job that meant she met many different people over her entire life and therefore had a higher risk and greater likelihood of interacting with multiple predators than if she lived in the same small town of 500 people all of her life or the like.

And the reason I pointed that out is to underscore to Loren and others that there is nothing incredulous about someone having lived and worked in those conditions having met 21 "hideous men." Just living in New York the average person would be exposed to hundreds of thousands of predators, so the idea that one person would have encountered 21 predators straining credulity--which is what Loren and others have been arguing-- is not in the slightest incredulous.

Hell, living in a small town of only 500 wouldn't in any way mean that having met 21 "hideous men" from that small town is any less credulous.

Come again??? What kind of ‘lifestyle’ is it that you think Carroll has lived?

As I've stated, which you might want to review, before thinking I've said something untoward. Life style, not lifestyle, meaning she lived and worked in large cities and had a job that meant she met many different people over her entire life and therefore had a higher risk and greater likelihood of interacting with multiple predators than if she lived in the same small town of 500 people all of her life or the like.

And the reason I pointed that out is to underscore to Loren and others that there is nothing incredulous about someone having lived and worked in those conditions having met 21 "hideous men." Just living in New York the average person would be exposed to hundreds of thousands of predators, so the idea that one person would have encountered 21 predators straining credulity--which is what Loren and others have been arguing-- is not in the slightest incredulous.

Hell, living in a small town of only 500 wouldn't in any way mean that having met 21 "hideous men" from that small town is any less credulous.

Having grown up in a town of a few thousand, surrounded by farmland, I can assure you that there are plenty of hideous men and boys in small town, rural America. One can be sexually assaulted by someone in a field of alphalfa as well as in an elevator in NYC it the dressing room in Bergdorf’s.

Growing up, I heard about the dangers of the big cities all the time. I spent a good number of years living in very large metropolitan areas, traveling deep into the bowels of the cities themselves on a daily basis. I didn’t have nearly the issues with men there that I did in small town flyover middle America.

They just weren’t rich and famous.

Having grown up in a town of a few thousand, surrounded by farmland, I can assure you that there are plenty of hideous men and boys in small town, rural America. One can be sexually assaulted by someone in a field of alphalfa as well as in an elevator in NYC it the dressing room in Bergdorf’s.

Once again, you will get no argument out of me in that regard. The point was to merely make it clear that meeting only 21 "hideous men" in anyone's life--let alone someone like Carroll who lived and worked in high risk cities where "hideous men" are literally everywhere you look--was by no means straining credulity as others itt have argued.

But, yes, absolutely, a town of a few thousand--or less than 500 could--just as easily contain more than merely 21 such predators.

indeed, if we extrapolated the college percentages I presented previously, then a town that had just 100 men in it, 50 of them would have committed some form of sexaul assault and 25 would have raped someone at least four times in a year. So it wouldn't even strain credulity that a woman growing up in such a town her entire life could easily have encountered 21 "hideous men."

Once again, you will get no argument out of me in that regard. The point was to merely make it clear that meeting only 21 "hideous men" in anyone's life--let alone someone like Carroll who lived and worked in high risk cities where "hideous men" are literally everywhere you look--was by no means straining credulity as others itt have argued.

But, yes, absolutely, a town of a few thousand--or less than 500 could--just as easily contain more than merely 21 such predators.

indeed, if we extrapolated the college percentages I presented previously, then a town that had just 100 men in it, 50 of them would have committed some form of sexaul assault and 25 would have raped someone at least four times in a year. So it wouldn't even strain credulity that a woman growing up in such a town her entire life could easily have encountered 21 "hideous men."

Especially since most women and girls are assaulted by someone they know.

But where's the proof that x != 3? All they are doing is saying I'm wrong, not showing it.

I have abundantly shown it.

You said I was ignoring the possibility that some were raped more than once--except I wasn't. Rather, I was showing what the probability was of multiple attacks, assuming they are independent.

Back
Top Bottom