• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another Trump Rape Surfaces

I really don't think that this is a woman who should be trusted very much, but that has NOTHING to do with Trump's previous actions and wake of personal stench. It also has nothing to do with women in particular being erratic and goofy like she obviously is, that is likely even split down the middle between men and women.

Their really has to be some kind of firewall in people's minds about this attacking solid lines of evidence with wacky outliers like this woman. Trump has proven himself to be a moral monster in regards to many things and some of that has come out with his interactions with women. The firewall would mean that ZERO evidence of Trump's poor personal behavior from reputable first hand sources should be discounted because of this.

Anyone making excessive hay about this goofball woman as representative of all the reports (some going back decades) about Trump should almost be mathematically/algorithmically corrected to show how the P and Q logic operators they are using are false. It is gross and does nothing for truth, but it can be effective.

"She is a loon" /= "Trump dindu nothing ever"

I almost feel like this thread should only talk about the reliable reports about Trump and that is damning enough. Fuck Trump and fuck this loon.

His Howard Stern broadcast clips are interesting

So, where is the part that stretches credulity?
There was that one woman, that one time, who admitted that her rape allegation was a made-up, attention-seeking, revenge-sourced lie. So, you know, we gotta take any rape allegation against any man with a grain of KCl...

Yeah? Well, we know women lie. We can't prove that she didn't make up the idea that her rape allegation was false, so according to the trumpdindunuffins, we can be sure that the rape allegation was accurate.

:p

Both Law And Order SVU and The Apprentice are NBC programs. I wonder if they share writers.

Maybe Trump is the one who copycatted the SVU script, eh? He watches the show, tries it out...

He also has a time machine? Because Carroll claims the alleged rape happened in 1995 or 1996 (she is not sure when) and the episode came out in 2011 or so.

Very difficult, not impossible.
I don't see how she could do it. Had she reported it right away, at least there would be security camera tapes which of course no longer exist.

I'm satisfied with what Ford provided--descriptions of the situation that were quite improbable yet seem to match up to reality.
What reality? She is not even sure where the alleged attack happened or when.

This doesn't prove attempted rape but if what happened there was innocent then Kavanaugh would have had no reason to deny it.
What if nothing happened? I mean, when and where did it happen anyway?

Those are pretty weak grounds given the amount of abuse she will be subject to.
She is also getting a lot of support.

Given there have been over 400 episodes of SVU with most of them about rape, I would be surprised if any real life rape did not resemble a SVU plot.
Her claims do not really resemble the plot of the episode. It's that some details match up in a way that seems unlikely to be a coincidence.
The exact store (and not one of the better known NYC stores like Bloomingdale's or Macy's or Sak's - personally I never heard of Bergdorf-Goldsomething before this) and a tryst in a changing room. But Kevin Pollak describes a rape fantasy that he enacted (I think, I have not seen the whole episode) whereas the Carroll plot describes a rape. What I also find notable is that Carroll is into rape fantasies herself. Not just the Anderson Cooper interview and "sexy rape", but also this:

She positively got giddy at the caveman with a club dragging her into his changing room cave.

Of course, it could be a coincidence. But I don't think so.

Wow, you really can spin anything to deflect or defend against a rape accusation.

It's not spin it's reality. If you have a well known person accused by multiple women, you can't just assume that there are no copycats who chose to accuse him precisely because he has been accused by others. Every case must be examined on its own merits. And this case has no merits.

Again, lots of readers are thrilled she has a book out. That alone is plenty of publicity.
I never heard of her before.
You must admit, this allegation increased the publicity she and her book received substantially.

No one is going to purchase her book to read about a single incident in her book that has already been well quoted and described in the media.
I do think this will increase her book sales.

Most women never disclose sexual assaults. It makes sense that she felt compelled to do so now.
You are presupposing she is telling the truth.

I don't see how she could do it. Had she reported it right away, at least there would be security camera tapes which of course no longer exist.

This doesn't prove attempted rape but if what happened there was innocent then Kavanaugh would have had no reason to deny it.
What if nothing happened? I mean, when and where did it happen anyway?

If nothing happened why did those details stick in her mind? The fact she remembered them says a lot.

I listened to her being interviewed today. I believe her. I felt quite sad listening to her talk, how these incidents have shaped the person she is. What do people expect a rape victim to sound like? Like on TV crime dramas? She’s who she is.

I’m sure this has already been said, but why do we not believe Trump when he says he grabs ‘em by the pussy?

According to Derec, the Great Decider of the Intertubes, if someone doesn't remember the year they were raped, they weren't raped even if it was 18 to 22 years ago and they can say it was either 19 or 20 years ago. Where do you get your authority over knowledge like that? From where do you get this authority, O Great Decider, to be so dismissive?

As a person who has had major trauma at the hands of other people and doesn't always remember the exact location and exact year of every single major event, I'd like to know what makes you an authority.

Please tell us all, Derec.

According to Derec, the Great Decider of the Intertubes, if someone doesn't remember the year they were raped, they weren't raped even if it was 18 to 22 years ago and they can say it was either 19 or 20 years ago.
Of course that doesn't by itself mean she wasn't raped, but it makes her claim much more vague and thus much less likely to be proven.

As a person who has had major trauma at the hands of other people and doesn't always remember the exact location and exact year of every single major event, I'd like to know what makes you an authority.
Maybe she should have gone to the cops right away, so that she still remembers detains and so any evidence is still recoverable. Not recount it 23 years later to sell books.

By the way, apparently she referenced "sex in Bergdorf" 2 years before the alleged rape.

E. Jean Carroll said:
Dear Snowed Under: Stop flagellating yourself. Gadzooks! At least you have orgasms. And if that isn’t spontaneous sex I don’t know what is. Most women (about 70 percent) experience difficulties climaxing through intercourse alone. So you’re perfectly normal. Begin by reading For Yourself by Dr. Lonnie Barbach. She’ll give you excellent instructions on how to have an orgasm during intercourse. Then after 313 queenhell love-wiggles, move on to Gretta Garbo’s favorite love position – the top. (In erotic scenes, Garbo is always above the man. So are Sharon Stone, Bette Midler and Katherine Hepburn). Indeed, this location works better for women than the fourth floor of Bergdorf’s.

This case if chock-full of strange coincidences.

Of course that doesn't by itself mean she wasn't raped, but it makes her claim much more vague and thus much less likely to be proven.
She is not going to the police to seek charges or going to court for damages, so there is no need for her to prove anything.

Maybe she should have gone to the cops right away, so that she still remembers detains and so any evidence is still recoverable.
You are using hindsight. According to you, we are to use only the information at the time of the event available to the actor, and the probable mindsight of the actor to fairly assess their decisions, at least when it comes to defending police officers who kill unarmed and peaceful black people. Why the double standard here?
Not recount it 23 years later to sell books
So, you either wish to suppress the truth or deny someone the chance to earn a return selling fiction. Hmmm.

Maybe she should have gone to the cops right away, so that she still remembers detains and so any evidence is still recoverable.

Why? To spare you the pain of having to admit that you have a rapist for a president?

E. Jean Carroll told two people about her alleged rape. This is what they remember.

You think they're getting a cut of the book sales too?

You know what would be a thousand times more of a coincidence?
An innocent person being accused of sexual assault (or rape) by 17 different women.

You know what would be a thousand times more of a coincidence?
An innocent person being accused of sexual assault (or rape) by 17 different women.

You have to remember that you're dealing with a person who thinks no accusation of rape or sexual assault is believable if it comes from a woman. The numbers don't matter, because women are inherently untrustworthy in his view.

Maybe she should have gone to the cops right away, so that she still remembers detains and so any evidence is still recoverable. Not recount it 23 years later to sell books.

By the way, apparently she referenced "sex in Bergdorf" 2 years before the alleged rape.

E. Jean Carroll said:
Dear Snowed Under: Stop flagellating yourself. Gadzooks! At least you have orgasms. And if that isn’t spontaneous sex I don’t know what is. Most women (about 70 percent) experience difficulties climaxing through intercourse alone. So you’re perfectly normal. Begin by reading For Yourself by Dr. Lonnie Barbach. She’ll give you excellent instructions on how to have an orgasm during intercourse. Then after 313 queenhell love-wiggles, move on to Gretta Garbo’s favorite love position – the top. (In erotic scenes, Garbo is always above the man. So are Sharon Stone, Bette Midler and Katherine Hepburn). Indeed, this location works better for women than the fourth floor of Bergdorf’s.

Your misogynist "theories" are contradictory.

First, you claimed she copied off of a television show. Second, you claimed she was copying off her own idea of sex on the 4th floor of Bergdorf's, but this second event occurs before the first. These are mutually exclusive copy claims by you, but then you talk about all the "coincidences," as if they are additive. They aren't.

I have to add that you are adding your own spin to interpretation. Her reference to Bergdorf's was easily a reference to some women having a figurative orgasm from shopping at Bergdorf's. The reason it keeps coming up is because she enjoyed shopping there and observed other women liked it, too. If you examine her writing it will come up more than once.

What's worse is your hatred of female freedom has painted you into a corner where an actual sexual assaulter like Trump has confessed to forcing his hands on women's vaginas, but any woman who comes forward to talk about it is "suspicious." You can't fight your way out of the misogynist corner to find any honest women at all, but a rational person will expect there to be tens of women based on Trump's words by himself. Your biases cause irrational conclusions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom