• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Anyone else guilty of online shipment stalking?

Stalking seems like such a judgmental kind of term.

Yeah, it's actually more anticipatory excitement, like the small child asking how long til their birthday/xmas.

That's because you're probably a nicer, more patient person than I am.

It's more like me cursing under my breath at why I can't track the damn package already and why is it being sent all over the country before it gets to me and why on earth did it go to Cleveland???? That's like...4 states over!

But small child part? Yeah.

Stalking seems like such a judgmental kind of term.
It isn't quite as funny as the term "wait impatiently". In general, I'll track packages, but the package in the OP, I was checking that way too often especially before getting in the truck (the package, not me). If it was Facebook and my ex-girlfriend, there'd been reason for an intervention.

I'm surprised that several online retailers don't have a restraining order out on me already.

I am waiting for a Nimbus Supercut pressing of Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band that I bought from a collector in the UK. These are extremely rare in the wild and I have been after one for over 10 years. The package was shipped yesterday and is predicted to arrive on Saturday, assuming no delays in customs. I won't mention how much I paid for it.

I got cured of my stalking habit. It took more than six months of de-programming, but it worked.

It was November 2019 when I decided to "downsize' some leftovers from my recording studio outside of Boulder. When we moved from that area to a more rural location and built our house, I had packed up miscellaneous unsold items, some of which are still here, mostly stored in the basement. But I started playing guitar again on an impulse, and was very pleased to find a few guitars I had thought I had sold - two sixties Gibsons, a 1979 Schecter (turns out it is very collectible) and various amps, speakers, monitors. But the only place for them besides the basement was my office, already crowded. I set up a Musicman 210 and a Fender Bassman ... both needed some work (as is the case with those old tube amps and both took up a ton of space.

Saw an ad for something the likes of which never existed in the 80s when I had the studio - an amp called a Spark 40. Interfaces with an iPhone via Bluetooth, can emulate literally dozens of different amplifiers, has every effect imaginable and takes up about 1 square foot of space. Plus, it came with a free "basic" version of Studio One. Best of all, the whole package was like $275 - a fraction of what I could the old Bassman for. So I ordered it and sold the Bassman and the Musicman. It was a pre-order Special (Christmas was coming) with delivery promised in January.

January 2020 rolled around and I got an email advising that due to demand, it would be coming in February. I kept checking with them ("stalking") and didn't get any new info until mid February, when I was advised that "due to COVID" it wouldn't be coming until April. In Late March they advised (after I called several times and pressured them) that it would ship in the third week of May. I got the "shipped" notice in the last week of May. Two weeks later there was still no tracking info - just the proverbial "label created". More stalking.
Turns out the shipping label was generated by the customs broker in LA, and the unit was on a slow boat from Indonesia or somewhere in Asia. FINALLY, late June, the tracking said "in transit" and it arrived two days later.

Set it up, tried it out and it was phenomenal. Went to download the basic Studio One, and it wouldn't download. I contacted the mfr (Presonus, a dfferent Company) and they advised that the free "basic" version had been discontinued, but they were extremely apologetic and gave me a link and a code to download the professional version - usually selling for $400.

I have been blown away. All the outboard stuff I used to have in giant racks, the 36-strip board, the 120-point patch bay - a whole control room full of literally hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of hardware, is now a few hundred bucks worth of software!

Still figuring it out - you can only do one thing at a time with the software, but it has full automation so in theory you can do everything that it used to take two people to do in the actual physical studio... you just have to have your shit mentally organized a lot better than I do at this point...

The best thing? I don't worry about shipments - period. :dancing:

So, I ordered a CPL shirt and hat... got a confirmation on shipping and it is supposed to be here by Sept 13th. I was assuming it was going from the Caribbean, but when I looked at the shipping, it was going from India. The interesting part is the package is supposed to arrive on the 13th, it shipped on the 7th (Tuesday)... from India... and it is alreadiy in Ohio, less than an hour drive away. So, it is going to take 5 more days to get here, after it went literally half way around the world in 36 hours?

Got an update, it is out for delivery, should receive it by 14th. :confused:

Don't know whether it is getting delivered to USPS and then it walks in... or whether truck shows up today. Or whether my calendar is a week behind schedule.

My son and daughter are constantly stalking their orders. As for me, when something lands at my front door, my reaction is that it's probably one of my orders. It's hard to get excited about the 6, 30oz containers of Temptations cat treats.

We ain’t judging, whatever you need to relax. :D

Shipment arrived today. Got the wrong hat. Jersey is good though. XL seems a little more extra than average, but look forward to wearing it and nobody knowing what the heck it is.

I just ordered some more jigsaws, which I wanted to order weeks ago but couldn’t as NZ shut down due to Covid.

They are on their way and should be here by mid next week.

I have turned on notifications so I get an email every time something happens with my parcel.

My son and daughter are constantly stalking their orders. As for me, when something lands at my front door, my reaction is that it's probably one of my orders. It's hard to get excited about the 6, 30oz containers of Temptations cat treats.

Obviously you are not a cat.

It's hard to get excited about the 6, 30oz containers of Temptations cat treats.

The Temptation crack treats are evil. My Fuzzy got addicted to it and wouldn't eat her regular food, and would incessantly beg for the treats. It took over two months of detox to get her back to a normal eating routine.

Given restrictions with postage of parcels here, I am quite pleased with the email I just got.

0F501FDE-B87D-4E9B-8FE1-779C82D3974B.jpeg

Australia Post put a hold on collecting any more parcels for delivery, and yet, ones of overseas take precedence. Could also be because we are in Brisbane, so far not a hot bed of Delta, like NSW. :)

I ordered the puzzles last week, and Mighty Ape usually only take 3-4 days, but this is taking about a week. Shows how much more online ordering is happening.

It's hard to get excited about the 6, 30oz containers of Temptations cat treats.

The Temptation crack treats are evil. My Fuzzy got addicted to it and wouldn't eat her regular food, and would incessantly beg for the treats. It took over two months of detox to get her back to a normal eating routine.

It actually says on the package they can be used as food.

I got a text from Australia post today giving me a 2 hour time frame for my parcel delivery. (11:15 am - 1:15 pm). I got a text at 1:02 pm saying sorry they were running late. I texted our houseguest to let her know. Bilby got home at about 1:15 and the parcel arrived at 1:20.

Pretty good service really.

Still waiting for the BMW Roundel badges I bought on the 3rd. They're in New Jersey ATM.

My son would be stalking his new Samsung smartphone only I won't give him the login to my Verizon wireless account. So he sits and sweats it out.

Back
Top Bottom