• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Anyone left still believing Trump will not be taken down?

Will Trump be taken down?

• Total voters
The only hope is to take money out of the process.

As long as money gets people elected, and it does most of the time, the system will not serve anybody but the rich.

I think he will leave office after the electoral college submits votes showing someone else will assume that office. I do not know if that will happen after one or two terms. Even with Trump straining the relations between the two parties, the deal is still barely in effect. Neither side wants to reopen the can of worms that is an actual call for impeachment, not after the Nixon impeachment proceedings and the payback that was Clinton's impeachment but without conviction.

Even though both sides dislike Trump, and the Republican Party leadership would love to see anyone else be their standard bearer, neither side wants to go that far.

I didn't say he was impeached. There were proceedings, the word I used, in the House to draw up articles of impeachment. He resigned before those proceedings could be completed. In order to make it clear that I did not say Nixon was impeached, I very carefully did not use that word on him but did use that word on Clinton.

Did you forget what happened in the House of Representatives between Nixon's re-election and Nixon's resignation? Or do you think his resignation was something out of the blue that nobody anticipated in any way?

Anyone think he will leave the Oval Office on respectable terms?

You're assuming he doesn't manage to subvert the system sufficiently to remain in power.

Good point. That's his goal, clearly. However, Republicans are finally speaking up and warning him that his undermining rule of law will mean the end of his presidency: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43453312.

As well as stuff like: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-putin-threat-us-national-security/434811002/.

I think there's a growing bipartisan effort to reign in the orange hobgoblin and hold him accountable. And we all know he responds to that with crazy extinction bursts that only weaken support for him further. Even a red congress might act to give him the boot as he crosses more lines every day.

I think the subversion is a GOP goal. Look at all their voter suppression efforts.

It's just they don't want a nutcase in charge.

I didn't say he was impeached. There were proceedings, the word I used, in the House to draw up articles of impeachment. He resigned before those proceedings could be completed. In order to make it clear that I did not say Nixon was impeached, I very carefully did not use that word on him but did use that word on Clinton.

Did you forget what happened in the House of Representatives between Nixon's re-election and Nixon's resignation? Or do you think his resignation was something out of the blue that nobody anticipated in any way?

I withdraw my objection

Neither side wants to reopen the can of worms that is an actual call for impeachment, not after the Nixon impeachment proceedings and the payback that was Clinton's impeachment but without conviction.
I think you're right that no one on either side really wants to be the first ones to actually start an impeachment.

But Mueller is going to publish his findings at some point. And both sides will face voters asking, 'why AREN'T you impeaching this ass?'

That's when the Republicans will suddenly remember where they were in 2015: Opposed to Trump.
They'll distance themselves from him. He was never really one of us, I was against him from the start, OBVIOUSLY a vote against Trump is NOT a vote against the REAL republican party.

And as the Cheese stands alone, he's going to go RIGHT off his nut, and it'll be a community service to take his keys away...

But Mueller is going to publish his findings at some point. And both sides will face voters asking, 'why AREN'T you impeaching this ass?'

Well, it depends. The final action of Mueller's task force will be to submit a report of their findings to Rod Rosenstein ... or whomever replaces him. If the replacement is a Trump lackey who say thanks and then puts the report through the shredder, it will never actually be published.

I think it's possible that the Republicans will succeed in completely subverting the rule of law and complete America's transformation into a third world banana Republic.

Party before country! [/conservolibertarian]

Well, it depends. The final action of Mueller's task force will be to submit a report of their findings to Rod Rosenstein ... or whomever replaces him. If the replacement is a Trump lackey who say thanks and then puts the report through the shredder, it will never actually be published.

OR...DOJ (or the powers that be) could classify the documents and put it in the National Archive where it wont see the light of day after Paul Ryan looks it over and does nothing.

Later,
ElectEngr

OR...DOJ (or the powers that be) could classify the documents and put it in the National Archive where it wont see the light of day after Paul Ryan looks it over and does nothing.

Later,
ElectEngr

So... what happens if Mueller becomes a private citizen and starts making a lot of noise about what he found (without revealing specific classified into)?

Later,
ElectEngr

So... what happens if Mueller becomes a private citizen and starts making a lot of noise about what he found (without revealing specific classified into)?

Major Finger Pointing Contest

Later,
ElectEngr

I'd bet that most Republicans in congress would much rather have Pence as President. He is at least as reliably hard-right as Trump is behaving and likely would actually be able to get their agendas in place. The problem for them is that getting rid of Trump would be messy and embarrassing to them. If it was as easy as switching a switch I'd expect that Pence would already be President.

I'd bet that most Republicans in congress would much rather have Pence as President. He is at least as reliably hard-right as Trump is behaving and likely would actually be able to get their agendas in place. The problem for them is that getting rid of Trump would be messy and embarrassing to them. If it was as easy as switching a switch I'd expect that Pence would already be President.

Messy AND embarrassing?! Holy fuck, we can't have THAT!
Let's let Fuckface Von Clownstick flush our system down the dumper and anoint himself Supreme Leader. At least it will look like we MEANT to do it. Thank GAWD we avoided that embarrassing fucking mess!

- - - Updated - - -

Major Finger Pointing Contest

Later,
ElectEngr

Right. Cheato's cabal is already hard at work preparing a tilted field for that to play out on...

Back
Top Bottom