• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Are MAGA morons actually brainwashed?

I'm talking about his actions after making landfall.

Yes, he did promise to bring back slaves. Sure, it would've been different if he just turned around and said, "There's people here. We're leaving." But, nobody ever did that in the history of mankind.

So, to single out Columbus is pretty bizarre. This was Knowles point. Every civilization conquered other nations. But then people say, "White man came to America and slaughtered the Indians" as if it's some kind of shock. Where's the shock about what Genghis Khan did? He was an invader and conqueror, too! Not a peep.
I am unaware of any country having an official "Genghis Khan" day or local areas having "Genghis Khan" parades. "Columbus Day" is a USA federal holiday and some cities still have Columbus day parades.

Yes, he did promise to bring back slaves. Sure, it would've been different if he just turned around and said, "There's people here. We're leaving." But, nobody ever did that in the history of mankind.

So, to single out Columbus is pretty bizarre. This was Knowles point. Every civilization conquered other nations. But then people say, "White man came to America and slaughtered the Indians" as if it's some kind of shock. Where's the shock about what Genghis Khan did? He was an invader and conqueror, too! Not a peep.
I am unaware of any country having an official "Genghis Khan" day or local areas having "Genghis Khan" parades. "Columbus Day" is a USA federal holiday and some cities still have Columbus day parades.

Try Mongolia for Genghis Kahn day or a celebration.

Mongolia has a Public Holiday for Genghis Khan's birthday on the first day of the first winter month of the Mongolian Lunar Calendar - it can fall anywhere from January through to March in the Gregorian calendar.

It's a recent addition to their holidays - it's only been observed since 2015.

It's supposed to mark his birthday, but nobody knows when that was.

Celebrating Khan Day in Mongolia is like celebrating Columbus Day in Spain or Italy. To be equivalent to the US celebrating Columbus Day, it would need to be a holiday in one of the places he invaded - Poland doesn't celebrate Khan day, for some reason...

Columbus was singled out when he was given a place of honor in history and had his actions white-washed (pun not intended).

Why the Columbus apologetics. for Columbus when his actions and consequences are well known?

What about Leif Erickson who predated Columbus? What about Vespucci? Historically Columbus was not a leading figure.

What about Leif Erickson who predated Columbus? What about Vespucci? Historically Columbus was not a leading figure.

Right. But Leif's gang pulled up stakes and Amerigo never had stakes. Columbus' gang overran the continent.

1) The pyramids were not built with slave labor.

2) I do agree slavery was common back then. Just because doing bad things was common doesn't mean he didn't do bad things.

Yet, white people get blamed the most today. Why is this? If I went around saying how evil it was that blacks owned each other as slaves, people just shrug their shoulders. Yet, bring up white people owning blacks and the foaming at the mouth starts.

Obviously, I'm not condoning slavery. But, it does seem a bit odd that only white people get blamed.

People aren't trying to pretend non-white slavers were angels, thus nobody is pointing out they aren't.

1) The pyramids were not built with slave labor.

2) I do agree slavery was common back then. Just because doing bad things was common doesn't mean he didn't do bad things.

Yet, white people get blamed the most today.

"The most"? Are you seriously attempting whataboutism?

Why is this?

Here's a clue:

tenor.gif

If I went around saying how evil it was that blacks owned each other as slaves, people just shrug their shoulders.

Which hypothetical people are you referring to that you've never said this to?

Yet, bring up white people owning blacks and the foaming at the mouth starts.

"Foaming at the mouth" eh? Add that idiotic comment to the clue above as to why it may be that white people get blamed.

Obviously, I'm not condoning slavery.

No, just casually dismissing its significance.

But, it does seem a bit odd that only white people get blamed.

Does it? Does that seem a "bit odd" to you that the only people in America to have owned--and fought an extensive brother-against-brother bloody civil war to continue to own--people were white and that they would therefore be "blamed" for their actions? I mean, it's not like a whole shitload of statues celebrating the people who owned slaves and fought for slavery weren't erected by the descendants of these assholes all around the country or that the racism inherent in the "peculiar institution" wasn't likewise passed down generation after generation to the point where the traitor's flags are still proudly displayed and are even still on certain southern official state flags or anything.

I was born in Virginia in 1965. That was one year after the Civil Rights Act was passed--itself one century after the end of the Civil War--and the same year that James Reeb was beaten to death with baseball bats by the KKK. Why? Because he ate dinner.

The last official "lynching" (if you can call something like that official) was in 1981 ffs, when I was in high school.

Some three decades later and we finally elected a black President (one of our greatest Presidents, no less), and we still do not have anywhere near a society that does not contain millions of pig-assed ignorant white trash fuckheads that continue to irrationally hate others because they have better resistance to sunshine.

Ironic, don't you think? A vampiric aversion to sunlight due to ancestral migratory decisions is the sole basis of centuries of inhuman cruelty for Americans, but you want, what? To point to other instances of man's inhumanity to man for what purpose? To let you off the hook for your continuing roll in defending your grandpappy's murderous and irrational hatred that has apparently been passed down generation to generation?

Do you think it might just be possible that you too would "foam at the mouth" if it were the case that your parents or grandparents were kidnapped, raped, beaten and forced to live as someone's property for their entire lives? And then had to suffer generational assholes erecting statues to your rapists and proudly flying the flag of your kidnappers as a constant reminder of who did what to whom?

It's not even a matter of empathy, ffs. It's a matter of the most basic human understanding. And of course that extends to anyone that would do such a thing and certainly if your own parents or grandparents did no such thing, then you shouldn't be tarred with the same brush, but if you can't comprehend why you might--particularly if you make such transparent arguments while at the same time sitting on the Capitol steps under a confederate flag or the like or have friends or relatives (as I do) that fly those flags or make those comments--then you're just not worth jackshit.

So, if you truly are arguing that you are worthy of respect, then the solution is simple; fight to remove the statues and take down the flags with the rest of us actual patriots and brutally shame those assholes who are making YOU look like you're not worth jackshit.

Iow, stop being a coward and join the fight against the assholes instead of whining about people unfairly blaming you for easily understood reasons.

It's not rocket science. Lay down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

YES.
MAGA morons are actually brainwashed.
This thread should be left to the Half-Wit 'bot.

Our state DNR (Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission) has a Facebook page. Just about every post gets comments by people complaining about the agency having too strict regulations on snapper or complaining that the invasive plant management is causing all of our water quality problems in the state because of Roundup. They think that the agency is taking kickbacks from MONSANTO! and trying to deliberately destroy the water/fishing/hunting and force people to hook up to centralized water treatment systems because of Agenda 21/New World Order. They seem completely unaware that our agency has been run by the GOP for decades. Anything the government does is the fault of liberals trying to advance the agenda of the New World Order. You click on their facebook profiles and if the profile is public you can scroll the timeline and it is a parade of pro-trump memes. They complain that fact checkers like Snopes are a liberal propaganda plot. They link to NaturalNews and other similar disnformation sites. They all have the same scary memes. Immigrants are going to kill you. Liberals are going to take your guns. Trump is great. Vaccines are poison. 5G is mind control cancer causer.

https://www.facebook.com/jimmy.hill.125

https://www.facebook.com/stickmarsh

https://www.facebook.com/newton.e.cook

https://www.facebook.com/denise.eberle.50

These aren't bots. These are real people. Newton Cook and Jim Porter are locals that I know personally. Jim is a fishing guide and Newton is president of a duck hunting advocacy group. Thing is they are success stories for The Heartland Institute and The Heritage Foundation in their long fight to drive a wedge between sportsmen and government natural resource management agencies. Sportsmen were the last conservative political group that supported any kind of environmental regulations. Heartland et al. know that in order to fully gut the environmental regulations they have to get sportsmen to oppose all government. It is working.

Back
Top Bottom