• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

At what margin of electoral defeat will Trump be forced to admit defeat?

I don't think Trump will truly "concede" (assuming he loses) no matter WHAT the count--whether it's 270 to 268 or 538 to zip--because the severity of his Narcissistic Personality Disorder wouldn't even allow him losing to be part of his reality. If he lost by two electoral votes, his takeaway would be that the traitorous cheating Democrats did just enough to steal the election, and any higher proportion would simply reflect (in his mind) nothing but increasingly effective cheating. He'd never graciously concede to Biden an election he saw as illegitimate--and any election he loses would, by definition, be illegitimate.

He'll die convinced he really won in 2020, no matter the margin by which reality records that he lost.

He lives in an alternate reality built on a lifetime of sycophants and hangers-on telling him he can do no wrong and nobody important to him ever telling him "no." He's a spoiled brat in a septuagenarian body. He's also bought into a narrative that was created for him for a TV show. In the Netflix series "Dirty Money," two of the creative people behind The Apprentice explain how they built this narrative of Trump as the most successful and admired billionaire in New York. Of course he wasn't...and they did it sort of tongue in cheek. Problem is, HE bought into the image they created for the show. In truth, he was a washed-up relic of the 80s...forced to hock pizza in ads to keep his failing "brand" afloat. They said it was almost sad when they went into Trump Tower and saw the shabby, run-down offices. The "boardroom" seen on the show wasn't there. They created it for him.

Then of course Fox News got in the mix, and began telling him pretty much everything he wanted to hear. He really does believe every word of praise that flows from Hannity and Dobbs' lips.

And it would be funny and sad if it were just Trump who bought into this fantasy. It's not. Of course he's not going to concede, but the frightening thing is that he's got real power at his disposal to intervene when things don't go his way. The Supreme Court nomination is being rushed through not because abortion or the ACA, but because the GOP sees it as another angle to hold onto power. Yes, Trump is going to refuse to concede. Yes, he's going to get his lapdog Barr involved. Yes, there's going to be lawsuits. Yes, they're going to take it all the way to the newly right-heavy SCOTUS. The rubber will hit the road in the states. They're the ones in control of vote counts, certification, and sending electors. Expect Trump and his goons to do everything in their power to shut that process down if it's looking like Fragilego Mussolini is headed for a loss in the Electoral College.

If they can't shut that process down, and it proceeds accordingly with the EC meeting and declaring Biden the winner, then it's all academic. Trump will cease to be President on January 20th, and it's up to him whether or not he'll be dragged kicking and screaming from the White House.

What really scares me is - should he genuinely lose - the amount of damage his lame-duck temper tantrum will cause on the way out.

Russians are apparently ready to wreak havoc on vote reporting, voter registrations etc., providing more fodder for Trump's narrative.

Microsoft is taking on Trickbot

Created in 2016 and used by a loose consortium of Russian-speaking cybercriminals, Trickbot is a digital superstructure for sowing malware in the computers of unwitting individuals and websites. In recent months, its operators have been increasingly renting it out to other criminals who have used it to sow ransomware, which encrypts data on target networks — crippling them until the victims pay up.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security officials list ransomware as a major threat to the Nov. 3 presidential election. They fear an attack could freeze up state or local voter registration systems, disrupting voting, or knock out result-reporting websites.

What really scares me is - should he genuinely lose - the amount of damage his lame-duck temper tantrum will cause on the way out.

He will not accompany Biden to the inauguration, should he lose -- he'll have skedaddled out of Washington to an "event" with his millions of worshippers. Expect that his last day and night will produce mind-bogglingly ugly uses of the pardon (we'll forget the slimy ones Clinton perpetrated in '01, it will be so bad.) Not only will he not flush the O.O. toilet, he'll probably take a dump on the desk.

He will not accompany Biden to the inauguration, should he lose -- he'll have skedaddled out of Washington to an "event" with his millions of worshippers. Expect that his last day and night will produce mind-bogglingly ugly uses of the pardon (we'll forget the slimy ones Clinton perpetrated in '01, it will be so bad.) Not only will he not flush the O.O. toilet, he'll probably take a dump on the desk.

I think long about Thanksgiving, not giving a rat's ass about anything, he'll go to Mar-a-Lago and not come back. He'll just walk off the job.

I think long about Thanksgiving, not giving a rat's ass about anything, he'll go to Mar-a-Lago and not come back. He'll just walk off the job.

The Football would go right along with him. He can't really walk off the job (short of a resignation)...it kinda follows you around. ;-)

The Football would go right along with him. He can't really walk off the job (short of a resignation)...it kinda follows you around. ;-)

There are two. At some point they'd tell Pence, 'Sir? Your briefcase is, um, well, the dominant one, as it were. We've disabled the codes in the, um, the other one.'

Not sure how he'd get there. After the election, the rats will abandon the ship, taking all the laptops and light fixtures they can carry.
He'll be alone in The Residence, asking the maids to arrange travel on AF1.
Tweeting, 'Anyone know how to file a flight plan? Crooked Hillary stole all my aides!'

Pontificating on the contingency that he loses the election, Trump proposes that his next action will escape the jurisdiction of US law!

TRUMP last week in Macon said:
“Could you imagine if I lose my whole life? What am I going to do? I’m not going to feel so good. Maybe I’ll have to leave the country. I don’t know.”

Pontificating on the contingency that he loses the election, Trump proposes that his next action will escape the jurisdiction of US law!

TRUMP last week in Macon said:
“Could you imagine if I lose my whole life? What am I going to do? I’m not going to feel so good. Maybe I’ll have to leave the country. I don’t know.”

Now THAT is how you get Mexico to pay for a wall!

How will anyone be able to tell?
The fatassed fucktard has never performed the duties of a President.

Ok, so, now that we know what the EC is looking like, we can now see: Trump is refusing to admit defeat. Now, as votes trickle in in PA, GA, and elsewhere threatening to push Trump into a more secure defeat, we will get some answers. Though probably not from any of the conservatives here. FWIW, we already see the writing on the wall: he will go down kicking and screaming in a violent tantrum. Or maybe he'll do the last thing a fascist hiding in a bunker did on the eve of his loss.

Ok, so, now that we know what the EC is looking like, we can now see: Trump is refusing to admit defeat. Now, as votes trickle in in PA, GA, and elsewhere threatening to push Trump into a more secure defeat, we will get some answers. Though probably not from any of the conservatives here. FWIW, we already see the writing on the wall: he will go down kicking and screaming in a violent tantrum. Or maybe he'll do the last thing a fascist hiding in a bunker did on the eve of his loss.

This is more like the early years of Hitler than the later years. He may get kicked out, even thrown in jail. If so, he will pay someone to write a book for him called My Struggle.

Trump hasn't lost yet, but he sure the heck tried to strongarm it, but there was no one behind him to second the thoughts... other Rudolph Giuliani who seems more like the caricature of William Jennings Bryan in Inherit the Wind than a respectable politician/lawyer. .

I still can't find Jason's answer to the OP question, despite his assertion that he answered it.
Looks like it's going to end up around 303 to 235. But it's quite apparent now that no possible margin could ever cause Trump to concede.
Cheato is exhibiting all the grace and aplomb we expected from him (i.e. none at all).
As Anderson Cooper observes, "Trump is like an obese turtle, on its back flailing away".

I still can't find Jason's answer to the OP question, despite his assertion that he answered it.
Looks like it's going to end up around 303 to 235. But it's quite apparent now that no possible margin could ever cause Trump to concede.
Cheato is exhibiting all the grace and aplomb we expected from him (i.e. none at all).
As Anderson Cooper observes, "Trump is like an obese turtle, on its back flailing away".

Waterboarding at Gitmo probably couldn't cause him to concede.

That's a defeatist attitude. We should at least give it a try. :D

That's a defeatist attitude. We should at least give it a try. :D

We could even use the waterboard Sacha Cohen got signed...

This is more like the early years of Hitler than the later years. He may get kicked out, even thrown in jail. If so, he will pay someone to write a book for him called My Struggle.
He'll be very old when he gets out of jail, and he may have even further mental degeneration.

Back
Top Bottom