• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

At what margin of electoral defeat will Trump be forced to admit defeat?

Ok, so, now that we know what the EC is looking like, we can now see: Trump is refusing to admit defeat. Now, as votes trickle in in PA, GA, and elsewhere threatening to push Trump into a more secure defeat, we will get some answers. Though probably not from any of the conservatives here. FWIW, we already see the writing on the wall: he will go down kicking and screaming in a violent tantrum. Or maybe he'll do the last thing a fascist hiding in a bunker did on the eve of his loss.
This is more like the early years of Hitler than the later years. He may get kicked out, even thrown in jail. If so, he will pay someone to write a book for him called My Struggle.
He'll be very old when he gets out of jail, and he may have even further mental degeneration.

How would we tell?

So, looks like the answer is "at least 290, and counting!"

So, looks like the answer is "at least 290, and counting!"

No, you're doing it backwards. The answer is something more than 290 as he hasn't admitted defeat at 290.

At the time, he still could have stopped the count at 290... He still could. I think he won't, he won't even when Biden hits 306 I bet.

Well, look at it this way. The fraud charges are a deliberate lie. Trump is a narcissist. He is willing to do anything to get into power. BUT not all Republicans are willing to go along with him in trying absolutely anything. Someone like Rudy Giuliani is fine with fabricating evidence and propaganda, same with Steve Bannon and many right-wing media sites....but some Republican judges are not okay with faking fraud and there are too many frauds now to fake for Trump to win. Once he comes to the realization that there is no viable legal pathway forward to the Presidency, then he will end up conceding in order to "look good"--again, this is because it is in his self-interest and he is a narcissist. It takes around 300 electoral votes, with several states being close to make the legal pathway so impracticable and other Republicans seeing too much risk in order for him to concede. That's the answer.

BUT, the nature of how he concedes and how he frames it when he does so is also up in the air. It will again depend upon what he can get away with and what the plans are for lying in the future. For example, if the Republican Party plans to make the Biden Presidency like the Clinton Presidency with impeachment and non-stop obstruction so they can overturn the House (the most reasonable inference), then the question is will they use election conspiracy as a plank in trying to trigger right-wing activism and nuttery. If so, Trump will frame his concession in a way that he doesn't admit defeat but says he is conceding for the good of the country....because, you know, he CARES about other people.

So that's my take on where we are right now, some of it retrospective and some predictive.

This is silly. Trumpo wouldn't admit defeat if the electoral vote were 538 to 0.

This is silly. Trumpo wouldn't admit defeat if the electoral vote were 538 to 0.

He'd actually have a better case for fraud if that were the tally, as even some reasonable people would find it less than credible.

It seems that Trump could simply be fleecing his followers... again. In saying there is fraud, he is getting people to give him money to defend his campaign against the fraud... but that money is going to a new Trump PAC, which will likely be guilty of all sorts of accounting irregularities that Trump won't be held accountable for due to being unfit for trial.

His actions with the Department Defense speak to more sinister plans, but this could simply be another con job by Trump.

It seems that Trump could simply be fleecing his followers... again. In saying there is fraud, he is getting people to give him money to defend his campaign against the fraud... but that money is going to a new Trump PAC, which will likely be guilty of all sorts of accounting irregularities that Trump won't be held accountable for due to being unfit for trial.

His actions with the Department Defense speak to more sinister plans, but this could simply be another con job by Trump.

It's a pretty desperate bid, but I mostly just suspect that this is just being done because it's on his honey-do list from Putin.

It's a pretty desperate bid, but I mostly just suspect that this is just being done because it's on his honey-do list from Putin.
It is hard to tell just how much input Trump gets from Putin. Vlad knows just how stupid and incapable Trump is. He is quite aware of how easy it is to manipulate the man, without actually saying much at all.

It is hard to tell just how much input Trump gets from Putin. Vlad knows just how stupid and incapable Trump is. He is quite aware of how easy it is to manipulate the man, without actually saying much at all.

Eventually Putin will need to congratulate Biden or else doom Russia to an international backwater.

ETA - I just heard Michael Chertoff, Secretary of Homeland Security serving under President George W. Bush, in a live discussion on Presidential transitions say he expects Trump to vacate the White House for Mar-a-Lago by Christmas and never return.

Eventually Putin will need to congratulate Biden or else doom Russia to an international backwater.

ETA - I just heard Michael Chertoff, Secretary of Homeland Security serving under President George W. Bush, in a live discussion on Presidential transitions say he expects Trump to vacate the White House for Mar-a-Lago by Christmas and never return.

Cohen said the same thing some not-so-long time ago.

And the vultures will circle Mar-a-Lago that day until January 20th.

I've heard it predicted that on January 19th, Trump will pardon his entire family, his companies, and anyone who committed crimes for him and/or could spill dirt on him. Then he will resign, leaving Pence as the president who will then pardon Trump.

His sycophants will claim it is a brilliant move on Trump's part.

Cohen said the same thing some not-so-long time ago.

Well, it will take that long to fumigate, burn sage and conduct exorcisms...

I've heard it predicted that on January 19th, Trump will pardon his entire family, his companies, and anyone who committed crimes for him and/or could spill dirt on him. Then he will resign, leaving Pence as the president who will then pardon Trump.

I really, really doubt Pence will do tgat. We saw how that crippled Ford's chances at ever being President again. Pence still has ambitions.

Now, if Pence resigns, and Dipwad makes Eric his Vice....

I really, really doubt Pence will do tgat. We saw how that crippled Ford's chances at ever being President again. Pence still has ambitions.
:rotfl::rotfl:

President Pe... I can... I can't finish even typing it, the idea is so ridiculous.

:rotfl::rotfl:

President Pe... I can... I can't finish even typing it, the idea is so ridiculous.

I agree. He has no chance with the evangelicals unless he has a few affairs, several divorces, lots of legal issues, good stuff like that. Only then is he the deserving martyr.

Back
Top Bottom