• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

atheists in war

Somehow this reminds me of the old adage about wrestling with a pig.

It would appear to me that somehow Syed has started this thread off with an assumption that war is a good thing. Somehow it's good that it is possible to delude a bunch of people into thinking their lives are not that valuable; that they should not think twice about going to fight against people just because someone else thinks it's a good idea; that they shouldn't do everything in their power to find other alternatives first.

To me that's a mark of the insanity we (as a species) have accepted as "normal." Is this the legacy of bronze-age superstitions? That war is a good thing? If so, I'm thankful for the Internet and for the effect it will continue to have in getting people's heads out of their metaphorical asses.

There is nothing good about war. Theism, especially theism that can be used to promote war, is insane. As people become more enlightened they see the common misguided zealotry of the religion next door and finally come to understand they're merely looking in a mirror. Warmongering theism is a vestige of a shared insanity borne of ignorance during more primitive times. The sooner it disappears from our planet the better off we'll all be. I'm getting on in years, but I still have the fervent wish that before I die I'll be able to see strong evidence that this is, indeed happening. And I believe it is.

Syed, you brag of things for which one should only feel shame. You are my brother. I have no wish that either of us should have to die. There is always a way to solve every argument that does not involve killing the person who believes differently. Finding the solution that does not involve killing someone is far superior to killing someone. If your religion makes you believe differently then it is a horrid religion.

I still see the same type of thinking in little children. So, from this perspective, I think as long as children are born ignorant, there will always be a little bit of teaching that needs to be done before they fully appreciate various things in life.

That's my toy!!! What, you mean the toy you were ignoring until I started playing with it? Waaaahhh! And so the war begins....

[
all i can say west run away without any satisfaction

There is much more you could say, but we both know you will not.

whole world knows every thing nothing is hidden

- - - Updated - - -

west have nothing to show what they WIN in iraq nor in afghanistan
But that's politics, Syed, and mostly Christain-flavored.
What the fuck does that have to do with this thread?

nothing just chating

Syed, you seem to be mistaken about the goals of the war in Afghanistan and Iraq. The US did not go to war to conquer those countries. The goal of the war was to kill thousands of people, destroy property and disrupt their lives permanently. Having done that, we left, leaving them in the hellhole we created.

If you want to gloat over a pile of smoking rubble, that is your privilege. All that "will to die" was their greatest weakness and we turned it on them.
so why west STILL unhappy about outcome of war?

war in iraq and afghanistan help muslims to wake-up and throw dictators

beside death is NOT evil itself we ALL going to die

Who said the west is unhappy about the outcome of the war? Now Muslims are killing Muslims and we are out of it. You have to remember the motto of the US Military, "We will fuck up your shit." Once that is accomplished, we go home.

my calculation tell me that west are loser in this war , i know west killed too many muslims but death is NOT evil

killing is evil but death is good

If thats supposed to make sense shouldnt you thank the soldiers who do evil and go to hell for liberating many nice afghans from this miserable existance on earth if death is so good?

Syed won't be happy til he can time travel back to the 9th century, ride a camel with some burka-breath woman who hangs on his every word, and attempt to harass us through time-portal posts from a laptop made of mud.
Also: grammar, sir. Grammar, I say!

It would appear to me that somehow Syed has started this thread off with an assumption that war is a good thing. Somehow it's good that it is possible to delude a bunch of people into thinking their lives are not that valuable; that they should not think twice about going to fight against people just because someone else thinks it's a good idea; that they shouldn't do everything in their power to find other alternatives first.

To me that's a mark of the insanity we (as a species) have accepted as "normal." Is this the legacy of bronze-age superstitions? That war is a good thing? If so, I'm thankful for the Internet and for the effect it will continue to have in getting people's heads out of their metaphorical asses.

There is nothing good about war. Theism, especially theism that can be used to promote war, is insane. As people become more enlightened they see the common misguided zealotry of the religion next door and finally come to understand they're merely looking in a mirror. Warmongering theism is a vestige of a shared insanity borne of ignorance during more primitive times. The sooner it disappears from our planet the better off we'll all be. I'm getting on in years, but I still have the fervent wish that before I die I'll be able to see strong evidence that this is, indeed happening. And I believe it is.

Syed, you brag of things for which one should only feel shame. You are my brother. I have no wish that either of us should have to die. There is always a way to solve every argument that does not involve killing the person who believes differently. Finding the solution that does not involve killing someone is far superior to killing someone. If your religion makes you believe differently then it is a horrid religion.
War what is it good for
http://youtu.be/dpWmlRNfLck

atheist will never win a war with believers in god

to win a war you MUST have two thing

1) will to kill
2) will to die

atheists have WILL TO KILL but atheists dont have WILL TO DIE because for atheist in their mind this is only life they have so atheist cant have WILL TO DIE

for believers there is a life after death so they can sacrifice this life for next

the reason soviet union lost war with afghanistan because russian atheist dont have will to die so they run away from death

in other word atheist are pussy cat

You're absolutely correct. Religious people are much more willing to kill, as anyone can see from watching the news.

What is interesting is that you think this is a selling point for religion, whereas I find it a good reason to avoid religion. I simply don't have enough bloodlust to be a believer.

1) will to kill
2) will to die

atheists have WILL TO KILL but atheists dont have WILL TO DIE because for atheist in their mind this is only life they have so atheist cant have WILL TO DIE

for believers there is a life after death so they can sacrifice this life for next

the reason soviet union lost war with afghanistan because russian atheist dont have will to die so they run away from death

To quote Yoda: "Wars not make one great".

My friend, you are truly immature. The measure of any society and it's greatness isn't how well they destroy, but how well they build. In this regard, your Muslim societies have much to learn.

good rant, you should have been george w bush adviser, you could have save 3 trillion dollars + human lives

1) will to kill
2) will to die

To quote Yoda: "Wars not make one great".

My friend, you are truly immature. The measure of any society and it's greatness isn't how well they destroy, but how well they build. In this regard, your Muslim societies have much to learn.
muslims did not started world war 1 and 2

now something you learn

- - - Updated - - -

1) will to kill
2) will to die

You're absolutely correct. Religious people are much more willing to kill, as anyone can see from watching the news.

What is interesting is that you think this is a selling point for religion, whereas I find it a good reason to avoid religion. I simply don't have enough bloodlust to be a believer.

tell me which war you didnt support ?

tell me which war you didnt support ?
Well, I, for one, never thought we had a good reason to be in Iraq.
I was also against the invasion of Grenada. And Panama.

But no one asked me about any of them.

I'm guessing that by starting the "why white western christians converting to islam?" thread, Syed's tacitly admitting he hasn't got a peg leg to stand on with this one....

good rant, you should have been george w bush adviser, you could have save 3 trillion dollars + human lives

Do you have an actual rejoinder that is relevant? Is it your opinion that there is something good about war? I'm as certain that there is nothing good about war as I am that imaginary friends like Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and Allah don't exist. That certainty is borne of evidence and rational thought. However I am willing to admit I'm wrong about all of them if someone provides solid evidence and persuasive argument. I've been wrong many times in my life and don't mind admitting it when I am.

Irrelevant taunts about things I have no possibility of doing (such as becoming a trusted presidential adviser) are childish and pointless.

Do you have an actual rejoinder that is relevant? Is it your opinion that there is something good about war? I'm as certain that there is nothing good about war as I am that imaginary friends like Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and Allah don't exist. That certainty is borne of evidence and rational thought. However I am willing to admit I'm wrong about all of them if someone provides solid evidence and persuasive argument. I've been wrong many times in my life and don't mind admitting it when I am.

Irrelevant taunts about things I have no possibility of doing (such as becoming a trusted presidential adviser) are childish and pointless.

tell us which american's war you did not support ?

are you claiming you are gandhi or something?

One doesn't have to be a complete pacifist to think that war is not a good thing.
I was in uniform pointing nuclear weapons at my own planet, desperately hoping that i'd never be ordered to use them.
One can see war as the lesser of two evils AND STILL figure that it's evil.

Unless you have a logical argument, rational thought, and evidence that there's anything good about war that can't be achieved some other way that doesn't involve collateral damage, destruction and slaughter?

One doesn't have to be a complete pacifist to think that war is not a good thing.
I was in uniform pointing nuclear weapons at my own planet, desperately hoping that i'd never be ordered to use them.

Unless you have a logical argument, rational thought, and evidence that there's anything good about war that can't be achieved some other way that doesn't involve collateral damage, destruction and slaughter?

man you born in a nation who has history of waging war and bombing defenseless country to stoneage

man you born in a nation who has history of waging war and bombing defenseless country to stoneage

Something a defenseless country should think about before fucking with us.
Here's a question. Why do Muslims kill so many other Muslims?

Yeah, that's not really any reason to think that war is not evil, Syed. I mean, aside from the fact that it's not historically true, it would be a reason to think war was a BAD thing.

What defenseless country have we bombed to the stone age, Syed?
What country's defenders have been reduced to stone knives and bear skins rather than AK-47s?

- - - Updated - - -

Something a defenseless country should think about before fucking with us.
Here's a question. Why do Muslims kill so many other Muslims?
did iraq attached america ?
They weren't exactly a defenseless country, though, were they?

Back
Top Bottom