• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Atheists: Questions 2, 3 and 4.

This means that the Atheist can only assume, but cannot believe in, the future existence.
IIRC, this is pretty much exactly what we were saying on the other board. So, it's taken you, what, a year and a half to understand what people actually write out in response to your bullshit?
Therefore, without belief in the creator of the universe, the real human life is not possible.
Only if you define 'real human life' as 'gullible asshole.'

But we don't. So your point is still an unsubstantiated assertion.
Why should we care about what you say 'real human life' is?

Well, I don't understand where lightning comes from, therefore Zeus is real.

Saeed, how can you deny Zeus? Without Zeus, lightning would be impossible, so the existence of lightning proves Zeus. You've seen lightning with your own eyes, yet you deny Zeus, which is completely illogical. If you just looked at the evidence with an open heart, you would realize that Zeus is real.

zeus-jpg.jpg

Believe in Death?

IIRC, this is pretty much exactly what we were saying on the other board. So, it's taken you, what, a year and a half to understand what people actually write out in response to your bullshit?
Therefore, without belief in the creator of the universe, the real human life is not possible.
Only if you define 'real human life' as 'gullible asshole.'

S:
Do you believe in death?

Saeed H H Alyousuf

IIRC, this is pretty much exactly what we were saying on the other board. So, it's taken you, what, a year and a half to understand what people actually write out in response to your bullshit?Only if you define 'real human life' as 'gullible asshole.'

S:
Do you believe in death?

Saeed H H Alyousuf

Do you believe in lightning?

S:
I did answer your question but you fail to understand because you did fail to answer my first question to you:

No, you did not answer my question. As I explained to you; your answer does not sufficiently address the question. I also explained to you that no matter what answer I give to your original question, you CAN NOT use that to get to your position that we need a belief in god in order to have our lives be 'real'. That is a violation of basic logic: in other words, your question is irrelevant; while mine most certainly is not.

No. It's never happened to me personally. Have you died yet?

S:
Do you believe in the existence of the future?

Saeed H H Alyousuf

Do you believe in lightning?

You cannot explain the existence of lightning without Zeus. Lightning would be impossible without Zeus. Therefore, lightning proves that Zeus is real. Why do you reject Zeus when you know that lightning is real?

Zeus_Lightning_Bolt.png

You have witnessed the evidence for yourself.

First we need to discuss what is fateful to us, before we discuss any thing else.

Saeed

So you admit that you believe in lightning.

Yet somehow, you want to deny Zeus.

Is it because you want to be a bad person? Or is it just because you don't want to thank Zeus for creating you and creating the world you live in?

I have presented absolute proof that Zeus exists and is real. You yourself have seen the proof (lightning, the universe, your own existence, etc.).

First we need to discuss what is fateful to us, before we discuss any thing else.

Saeed

Is it because you want to be a bad person? Or is it just because you don't want to thank Zeus for creating you and creating the world you live in?

I have presented absolute proof that Zeus exists and is real. You yourself have seen the proof (lightning, the universe, your own existence, etc.).

Good bye

Good bye
See you in hell! :)

Saeed

Whatever argument you make for belief in Allah regarding death, the identical argument can be made for belief in Thanatos. Thanatos is the ancient Greek god of death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanatos

Trivia: The wings on the depictions of Thanatos is why angels in Abrahamic faiths typically are depicted with wings. This early Islamic depiction for example:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ceiving_revelation_from_the_angel_Gabriel.jpg

IIRC, this is pretty much exactly what we were saying on the other board. So, it's taken you, what, a year and a half to understand what people actually write out in response to your bullshit?Only if you define 'real human life' as 'gullible asshole.'

S:
Do you believe in death?

Saeed H H Alyousuf
How would my answer, yes OR no, help establish that your definition of 'a real human life' is worth a shit?

Saeed

i don't believe in fate.
Which is part of why i don't believe anyone has the power to guarantee the future.
Which is why i live my life in a manner to deal with several different futures.
I drive as if i will reach my destination. But i have Triple-A just in case there's a problem.
I pay a mortgage as if i will need a house tomorrow, but i have insurance in case the house burns down.
I dress as if the weather is predictable, but i have a coat and an umbrella in the car if it turns bad.
I buy things i want, but i set money aside for the next crisis.

I live for more than one possible future.

Which is why i don't believe that living as if there is a tomorrow MUST be interpreted as a belief in a deity who has guaranteed it. That might be true if i lived as if there was only one possible tomorrow.

But no one does that.

Saeed
You know what, I think this may be the first somewhat poignant question here. Does the future already exist?

Muslims believe it does. So we have a Muslim who is castigating us for not believing in something, when they already know we were destined not to believe any way because it is all written. We were doomed to disbelief.

Belief in an infinite god answers no questions and does nothing else besides multiply absurdities.
Don't think this is an issue of god, but whether everything that will ever happen, has always been set in stone.

The oddity is that for some reason the OP'er seems to think believing in this is somehow philosophically superior to being uncertain about the future.

Belief in an infinite god answers no questions and does nothing else besides multiply absurdities.
Don't think this is an issue of god, but whether everything that will ever happen, has always been set in stone.

The oddity is that for some reason the OP'er seems to think believing in this is somehow philosophically superior to being uncertain about the future.
Not superior. Revealing.
This is the one main argument he's been flogging for a while now.
Atheists behave, he says, as if there's going to be a tomorrow. Only God, he says, can guarantee a tomorrow. Thus, atheists behave as if they believe in the god who guarantees tomorrow. If they didn't believe in a tomorrow they'd (usual poor prediction inserted here).

So if we agree that only God can guarantee tomorrow, but we don't abandon all hope and kill ourselves, or go on rape rampages, or steal money from hookers who we throw on bonfires, then we're secretly believers and we need to acknowledge that the OP's god is our god, too.

it's pretty fucking ludicrous, but there you have it.

Back
Top Bottom