• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Banning russian news sites in the west is a good idea?

I'm chalking this up as complete horseshit.

Nah, it's incomplete horseshit. gazeta.ru works here (Colorado USA) but not Lenta.
The salient thing about this thread is how it shows that barbos has been conditioned to pretend that there's an actual entity called the West that acts in lockstep against Russian interests.

Why would not I know?
They publish a lot of critical and pro-western stuff. They are basically neutral or at least trying to be as much as possible within the system.
Yeah... there you have it.

March 3 (Reuters) - Russian state-controlled news network RT said on Thursday it will begin broadcasting on Rumble, a YouTube-like video site, after tech companies including Meta Platforms (FB.O) and Twitter (TWTR.N) have restricted access to RT following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Tech companies in recent days have moved to restrict Russian state-controlled media including RT and Sputnik in response to requests from governments and calls to prevent the spread of Russia propaganda. Russia has called its actions in Ukraine a "special operation."

Streaming media company Roku (ROKU.O)has removed the app for RT from its Roku Channel Store globally, a spokesperson said.

So, exactly how are Russianpublicans supposed to get their news now? Thanks a lot economic sanctions for an unjustified invasion!

I envy them, to be honest. I've been fighting off vomiting since the invasion started because Fox News and CNN have been french kissing each other ever since.

So, exactly how are Russianpublicans supposed to get their news now? Thanks a lot economic sanctions for an unjustified invasion!
Pretty certain Tucker has a secure line to the Kremlin. This kerfuffle is nothing more than a speed hump. I'm still skeptical it was a concerted malicious attack though.

MOSCOW, March 1 (Reuters) - Russian radio station Ekho Moskvy was taken off air on Tuesday, its editor Alexei Venediktov said, in a blow to one of the few remaining liberal media that the Kremlin has tolerated until now.

The move came shortly after the prosecutor general's office demanded that access be restricted to Ekho Moskvy and the TV Rain online news channel because of their coverage of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

MOSCOW, March 1 (Reuters) - Russian radio station Ekho Moskvy was taken off air on Tuesday, its editor Alexei Venediktov said, in a blow to one of the few remaining liberal media that the Kremlin has tolerated until now.

The move came shortly after the prosecutor general's office demanded that access be restricted to Ekho Moskvy and the TV Rain online news channel because of their coverage of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
I'm sure it was the nazis that did it.

You don't understand, it was not "banned" in Russia, it was banned in the West.
Damn, you gave me a news story from 2013 !!!!
it's 2022 today

OK, I rechecked everything.
lenta/gazeta banned in all these countries.

https://www.gazeta.ru/ -- loads something that looks like a news site, but I don't know Russian.

lenta.ru -- trace dies after reaching the background. I can load it from the Netherlands, didn't try elsewhere.

March 3 (Reuters) - Russian state-controlled news network RT said on Thursday it will begin broadcasting on Rumble, a YouTube-like video site, after tech companies including Meta Platforms (FB.O) and Twitter (TWTR.N) have restricted access to RT following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Tech companies in recent days have moved to restrict Russian state-controlled media including RT and Sputnik in response to requests from governments and calls to prevent the spread of Russia propaganda. Russia has called its actions in Ukraine a "special operation."

Streaming media company Roku (ROKU.O)has removed the app for RT from its Roku Channel Store globally, a spokesperson said.

In other words, it's what we see so often with the right--can't tell the difference between free speech and having to bring your own soapbox. Things like RT have problems because western business doesn't want to deal with them. That's not the same thing as blocking access to them.

lenta.ru gazeta.ru in particular were banned at least 12 hours ago.
These are not government controlled news web sites.

Thoughts?
My thought is "who fed barbos all this bullshit?"
What he thinks, is not true.
SSDD

Like Trumpsuckers hooked on FOX Nooz and Breitbart, except these Russians don't have a choice!

You don't understand, it was not "banned" in Russia, it was banned in the West.
Damn, you gave me a news story from 2013 !!!!
it's 2022 today

OK, I rechecked everything.
lenta/gazeta banned in all these countries.

https://www.gazeta.ru/ -- loads something that looks like a news site, but I don't know Russian.

lenta.ru -- trace dies after reaching the background. I can load it from the Netherlands, didn't try elsewhere.
You keep posting long after I (myself, without any help from you) explained this "ban" which it is not. You people are useless.

Know what's really bugging me about that video? Ignorance of what leadership is actually doing is likely happening in most countries.

In all countries. Plus they select only these replies which suits their narrative and ignore the ones which does not. But yeah, russians are as ignorant as the rest. The difference is, unlike you (especially Americans) they know they are.

French TV channel asked a wrong ukrainian.
It's translated in russian but in the end it shows reddit comments which give you an idea what she was talking about. I am surprised they did not cut her off.

Some Moldovans have had enough with ukrainain refugees already.
It was not enough for ukrainians to ban russian in Ukraine, they now want to ban it in Moldova.

Some Moldovans have had enough with ukrainain refugees already.
It was not enough for ukrainians to ban russian in Ukraine, they now want to ban it in Moldova.
Waaaah!
Maybe Russian belongs ... in RUSSIA??
Especially now that their dictator has made an international pariah out of himself, shown the Russian military to be incompetent and made the entire country simultaneously a laughingstock and a global threat, and has turned its citizens into an object of pity. Who wants to adopt them now? Nobody.

On the brighter side, the rest of the world (minus NK and a few others) has been united - probably like never before - against Pootey's cruel foolishness. NATO wannabe countries now include Finland and Sweden, right on the Russian doorstep. Good job, Pootey!

Back
Top Bottom