• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Banning russian news sites in the west is a good idea?

I bet if Sahra Wagenknecht, or whoever manages her Youtube channel, produced the same video with English subtitles, it would be equally easy to access.
Russian translation was made in Russia, they have no connection to her.
I mean it's obviously favorable to Russia opinion, so it was translated for that reasons.
Since it's not favorable to neocons it is less likely to be advertised among english speakers.

I find it interesting that both german left and right support Russia. "support" maybe a strong word but they understand what's going on.

Maybe that has something to do with the widespread harassment of journalists in Crimea and separatist republics of Eastern Ukraine? Including torture by electrocution. News organizations tend to take threats like that seriously. That's why they're leaving Russia en masse now that reporters might face 15 years in jail for telling the truth about Putin's war.
For 8 years Russia has been using all kinds of methods to lure major western news into Crimea. So, no that's not the reason. Independent Ukraine does not have great track record with journalists they don't like, did not prevent CNN going there.

You organized violent nazi coup and then attacked Eastern Ukraine in order to regime change in Russia, because you can't control it.
heart.jpg

No. It's because you can't be bothered to look for it.
I looked for it, google dis not show anything in german.
The German version had half a million views in the seven days since it was uploaded to Youtube and you claim you can't find it? FFS, barbos, the link to it is in the the description underneath the Russian version you posted. In other words, you posted the link to the German version you claimed to be unable to find. :rolleyes:

Putin has now tried to establish a "digital iron curtain" around Russia, but many Russians are still finding ways around it through the use of free VPNs. The only way to stop them would be to finally throw the switch and cut Russia off entirely from the Internet. That was supposed to happen yesterday (Friday, March 11), according to one viral internet rumor, but it didn't.

See: How Russians are evading the internet blockade

I myself use Protonmail occasionally, but I seldom use their VPN. Living in the West, I have no need of it, and it just slows down my connection.

Russia is going full on North Korea.
More like China.
No, more like North Korean. Your side wants to bomb and kill anything that you can't control.
No, you are describing your side.
You organized violent nazi coup and then attacked Eastern Ukraine in order to regime change in Russia, because you can't control it.
Bullshit. Your side is deluded. You are attacking people defending their homes like this girl:

1647111938103.png

Your side is the Nazis. You think that I'm wrong? Show me pictures of Russians defending their homes against invaders.

More like China.
No, more like North Korean. Your side wants to bomb and kill anything that you can't control.
Bullshit. Your side is deluded. You are attacking people defending their homes like this girl:

View attachment 37706

Your side is the Nazis. You think that I'm wrong? Show me pictures of Russians defending their homes against invaders.
You're never too young to start smoking for your country.

Meanwhile in Russia...

(Not that I want to blame Russian kids for being reminiscent of Hitler Youth; I hear that participation in this event was mandatory.)

More like China.

View attachment 37706

Pootey would assert that the photo IS of a Russian girl, defending her homeland against invading Ukrainian Nazis.

As this goes on and on, barbos’ claims will continue to get ever more contorted and bizarre. He (his boss) is already inventing nonexistent violent coups that never took place, and as the actual FACTS pile up, his inventions will get stranger and stranger.

They are chanting "VpeRYOD Rossiya!' (Вперёд Россия!) "Forward, Russia!" I wonder how this toxic fascist meme will spread as their economy really begins to slide. Will that shopping mall in Kazan' remain open?

Barbos has not posted here since Friday, so I wonder if he is having technical problems. Anyway, we now have an estimate of 14,000 arrests of protesters inside of Russia. Here is just one case that is now prominent in the news--a worker at Channel One in Russia parading behind the announcer with a protest sign. The Russian part says: "Stop the war. Don't believe propaganda. Here there are lies."

ETA: The protester can face at least 15 years in prison, and she has two small children, according to reports.

Today, I discovered that all my links to Russian news media were blocked except the one for TASS. I don't know whether it is from DDoS attacks or some other technical block.

Today, I discovered that all my links to Russian news media were blocked except the one for TASS. I don't know whether it is from DDoS attacks or some other technical block.
RT works for me.
Probably DDoS cyberattacks against those sites then. One of the servers between me and them must be failing. I'm still getting 404 errors for everything but TASS.

RT works for me.

Bear in mind that the English versions of stories on RT can't always be found in the Russian pages, so what RT feeds Russians can differ significantly from what it feeds foreign readers. It is working for me today, and I found this story, but only in English:

Editor investigated over on-air anti-war protest – media

From the look of it, the article is almost balanced in tone. I looked for a Russian version to see whether it held to that tone, but I'm still looking for any mention in Russian. Could be that I just didn't look in the right place.

It is a great idea.

The reduction in the levels of pseudoscience, conspiracy theories and general nonsense has been greatly reduced.

Back
Top Bottom