• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biden is full of bull shit blaming Putin, Saudi Arabia, and our oil companies.

I stopped the video at 5 seconds. "The government has a secret plan..." Sure sign of a conspiracy theorist.
^ This
About 99% of claims that start off with "watch this YouTube video" can simply be ignored. Watching 5 seconds usually means you wasted time watching an ad too.

You are aware that Democrats tried to reduce the gouging at the pump and every single Republican voted against it, RVonse.

You are aware that Democrats tried to reduce the gouging at the pump and every single Republican voted against it, RVonse.
No I was not aware of this. Are the Democrats saying the gas stations themselves are gouging?

Click a timeline of at least 5 years and you will see the price of gasoline was stable

BWAHAHAHA!!!

View attachment 39284
In fact, current prices are exactly where the 2016-2018 increases would have us.
Unless the cost refinement is brought down the current prices are not coming down.
Across the globe! Biden is killing everyone.
In my lifetime at least, gasoline prices have always been higher in most other countries of the world than the US. That makes a comparison between today's much higher prices in the US difficult with the rest of the world.

The Biden administration has been blaming Putin, Saudi Arabia, and even our own oil companies. But the real truth is government imposed RIN's resulting the costs of refinement to skyrocket. Unless Biden takes down some of his own executive orders there should be no relief in the future. And with no relief of gasoline in sight, the costs of everything else will continue to be much higher due to higher transportation costs. High fuel costs are also directly responsible for high inflation so we should expect no improvement with rampant inflation even with the fed raising interest taking down the stock market and rest of the economy.

I have listened to Putin himself who has claimed he would be delighted to know Russia could be strong enough to increase in fuel prices everywhere.... but admits Russia simply is not that powerful to affect world market price of gasoline. Its not even the unit oil price per barrel that has made the pump price higher anyway.

Pwoof by utoob! Just like Barbo. I’m sold.

I know the oil companies cut back production a lot when they took it on the chin during the Covid demand slump. Now they are taking their sweet time spooling back up because the costs they cut in 2020 and 2021 translate into huge profit. It is a double bonus if they can use this situation to change refs so they can dump more negative externalities on the commons.

Click a timeline of at least 5 years and you will see the price of gasoline was stable

BWAHAHAHA!!!

View attachment 39284
In fact, current prices are exactly where the 2016-2018 increases would have us.
Unless the cost refinement is brought down the current prices are not coming down.
In my lifetime at least, gasoline prices have always been higher in most other countries of the world than the US. That makes a comparison between today's much higher prices in the US difficult with the rest of the world.
Jebus! It was not about the price, but the INCREASE of it. You are whining about the increase in the US while it is increasing elsewhere as well.

BWAHAHAHA!!!

View attachment 39284
Why? Most of the rest of the world still has higher gas prices.

Is the arithmetic confusing you?

How? The comparison is as easy as observing that prices are STILL higher in most other countries than in the US.

Of course, if you don’t like such a simple approach, you can always apply one simple technique for comparing prices that They don’t want you to know about.

Just promise you won’t tell anyone, because it’s a very powerful tool that could be dangerous in the wrong hands.

It’s called

arithmetic

I know the oil companies cut back production a lot when they took it on the chin during the Covid demand slump. Now they are taking their sweet time spooling back up because the costs they cut in 2020 and 2021 translate into huge profit. It is a double bonus if they can use this situation to change refs so they can dump more negative externalities on the commons.
That actually sounds very reasonable to me.

Perhaps high fuel costs is just another effect of high inflation, not the precipitating cause. That the precipitating cause of global inflation was the global pandemic, and how we reacted to it with global economic shutdowns and resultant global deficit spending.

That actually sounds very reasonable to me.

Perhaps high fuel costs is just another effect of high inflation, not the precipitating cause. That the precipitating cause of global inflation was the global pandemic, and how we reacted to it with global economic shutdowns and resultant global deficit spending.
But, but, but... The reasons are in the video. ???

The Biden administration has been blaming Putin, Saudi Arabia, and even our own oil companies. But the real truth is government imposed RIN's resulting the costs of refinement to skyrocket. Unless Biden takes down some of his own executive orders there should be no relief in the future. And with no relief of gasoline in sight, the costs of everything else will continue to be much higher due to higher transportation costs. High fuel costs are also directly responsible for high inflation so we should expect no improvement with rampant inflation even with the fed raising interest taking down the stock market and rest of the economy.

I have listened to Putin himself who has claimed he would be delighted to know Russia could be strong enough to increase in fuel prices everywhere.... but admits Russia simply is not that powerful to affect world market price of gasoline. Its not even the unit oil price per barrel that has made the pump price higher anyway.

What makes youtube any worse than other sources of data we find on the internet these days?

If you want to replace a part on your car or do something else you know nothing about......youtube is where you will find that information.

What makes youtube any worse than other sources of data we find on the internet these days?

If you want to replace a part on your car or do something else you know nothing about......youtube is where you will find that information.

Yeah, there's a difference between immediately verifiable knowledge and immediately unverifiable knowledge. There is a difference between something that if your data is wrong you damage your car, and something that where your data is wrong you break your whole society.

YouTube is not a spigot of truth, or knowledge. It is a spigot of bald assertions. When there is no motive to provide bad assertions and no major damage caused by them, YouTube is a good source. When there is motive to mislead (political disagreement is a motive), then an unvetted source as a YouTube video goes right out the window.

It is possible to access refereed journal articles on the internet. But not on the YouTube part.

YouTube is geared more towards…personalities and entertainment rather than academic rigor.

Yeah, there's a difference between immediately verifiable knowledge and immediately unverifiable knowledge. There is a difference between something that if your data is wrong you damage your car, and something that where your data is wrong you break your whole society.

YouTube is not a spigot of truth, or knowledge. It is a spigot of bald assertions. When there is no motive to provide bad assertions and no major damage caused by them, YouTube is a good source. When there is motive to mislead (political disagreement is a motive), then an unvetted source as a YouTube video goes right out the window.

But there really is a motivation for these people. As I understand it, youtube creators receive remuneration from parent Google based on subscriptions and views. So if someone (like my OP Mark Moss video) gives out bad and/or misleading information, sooner or later viewers like myself find out like I just have and go elsewhere.....

DUH.
At least you got that right.
There are other ways to bring the prices down though. Your boy Dolt45 got them WAY down by ignoring, then lying about a pandemic until a lockdown became inevitable.

But there really is a motivation for these people. As I understand it, youtube creators receive remuneration from parent Google based on subscriptions and views. So if someone (like my OP Mark Moss video) gives out bad and/or misleading information, sooner or later viewers like myself find out like I just have and go elsewhere.....

You don't understand how this works at all. Here's the thing, ... people are stupid.

People prefer to hear things they want to hear and will continue to believe things they think are true despite receiving evidence or even proof to the contrary.

Whenever I had the stomach to listen to an entire episode of Rush Limbaugh's EIB bullshit I could usually pick out two or three verifiable lies or deliberate mischaracterizations in EVERY show. And that doesn't even include the opinion based character assassination of liberals, leftists, or "feminazis" sprinkled in every 2 to 3 minutes. But did any of Limbaugh's audience notice the lies? Did they ever bother to check if what he was saying was actually true? Maybe, maybe not, but it doesn't matter because his audience kept getting bigger and bigger almost every week.

Lies are comforting and people will pay you to lie to them.

It is so naive to think that a popular youtube channel must have good information just because it is popular. Popularity is NO indication of quality.

Back
Top Bottom