• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biden losing in swing states

Here’s another disturbing article about a swing state, Nevada.

I realize it’s early, but Biden needs to show the country that he’s a fighter. The Dems are not going to win with some pansy ass running on the record. It never works. Even for good records. Go negative and go hard on the son of a bitch.

I realize it’s early, but Biden needs to show the country that he’s a fighter. The Dems are not going to win with some pansy ass running on the record. It never works. Even for good records. Go negative and go hard on the son of a bitch.
These swing states just need some abortion issue on the ballot. That'll get out the vote.

Reactions: SLD
There are several million Americans delighted that the U.S. is following the ideas of Adolf Hitler. But even more frustrating for the rational-thinking minority are the tens of millions so stupid that they fall for the "Same-same, might as well waste your vote on a 3rd-party" lie.

I have an American friend on the autistic spectrum (though the "idiot" in his "idiot-savant" is even more idiotic than mine). I spoke with him a few months ago and he had never heard of the January 6 Insurrection! He was hired (for web coding) by commonsense.org, or some such gibberishly-named political front and he messaged me excited, saying he liked their ideas! ("Common sense!!!" What's not to love?)

I knew immediately just from the name that it had to be a right-wing front. Sure enough, he came to understand this with a little help from me.

I just read about another "centrist" political organization: No Labels. ("No Labels is a dark money group with secret far-right donors." One of its main donors is the same guy who lets Clarence Thomas use his private jet and yacht. Need I say more?)

All it will take is a few thousand feeble-brained "centrists" in swing states voting for RFK-Manchin, or whoever No Labels runs, to make Trump the next POTUS.

While Alternet is "left-wing", like most Alternet stories this one links to another website, in this case The Bulwark -- "a home for rational, principled, fact-based center-right voices who were not cowed by Trumpism" founded by Bill Kristol:

Call me Cassandra, but the outlook for American democracy is very bleak indeed.

These swing states just need some abortion issue on the ballot. That'll get out the vote.
I believe we have an abortion issue on the 2024 ballot. It's not going to drive the vote, though, because decades ago we passed an initiative that made the legislature pretty much not able to mess with our abortion laws. Any changes must come from initiatives so we don't have the danger of Republicans banning it here. (The measure on the ballot is going to make the laws more liberal.)

Even then you could see the "pro-life" people didn't care about what the people wanted--they were opposed to the measure.

Problem with democracy is that everyone gets to vote (Duh, democracy!)
So assumption is that electorate is educated and that they will vote. In reality the opposite is true. Scum that gets to the top realized that uneducated are easier to work with. So in the end, educated do not vote, because they know better. Idiots do vote but for the the scum they deserve.

So assumption is that electorate is educated and that they will vote. In reality the opposite is true. Scum that gets to the top realized that uneducated are easier to work with. So in the end, educated do not vote, because they know better. Idiots do vote but for the the scum they deserve.
Rhetorical question: Do you have a better alternative?

Of course he has the alternative! Surrender all, to a bloodthirsty genocidal sociopath like Putin or Trump! Makes everything great.

(That’s why the Russian standard of living is worse than Appalachia.)

Typical of Russians, babs doesn’t mind getting his ass kicked by his “leadership”. Russian leader have been murdering their subjects by the millions, for centuries.
So it’s natural that Babs can’t quite grok how it is that people who have grown up free don’t cotton to that shit.

It’s truly sad that millions grow up in fear, and live out their lives never knowing any better. Babs even thinks he can sell that life to people who DO know better.

Dictatorship of course.
Do you recognize that many people don't want to live in a dictatorship? Hence the allied cooperation to stop Russian imperialists in Eastern Europe.
Good, that's the whole point of dictatorship.
What is the "whole point of dictatorship"? At the end of the day, the difference between you and I is that I prefer that people have a choice in the form of government that they want. You do not.

I prefer that people have a choice in the form of government that they want.
But do they?
You're projecting your experience upon us. Putin went for soft autocracy and the people said, sure, just leave us be in nominal comfort and you and your cronies can steal whatever you want.
Is this slipping away? Are ambiguous laws and self-censorship out of fear the norm there? Is internet surveillance on the rise? Maybe you shouldn't answer that. Perhaps next Putin will direct the government to subsidize/cap the price of vodka. If the people start to grumble, placate them with cheap alcohol.

What is the "whole point of dictatorship"? At the end of the day, the difference between you and I is that I prefer that people have a choice in the form of government that they want. You do not.
I prefer that people have a choice in the form of government as well. But that's not at all how it works in the US at this point.....especially after citizens united, the US is unrecognizable to any kind of democracy today.. Only oligopolies have any choice or effect to our government and thanks to liberal ideology monopolies, a lot of individuals have even lost their 1st amendment rights.

So while (in theory) I agree with Harry Bosch, I believe in practice Barbos is probably closer to the superior representation for the largest amount of people. At this point, only a dictator (hopefully benevolent) or authoritative could have any power to empower middle class or poor people.

Why would a dictator want to help the middle class or poor? Who is going to help a dictator rise to power? Certainly not the poor.

Why would a dictator want to help the middle class or poor? Who is going to help a dictator rise to power? Certainly not the poor.
I would also ask when has a dictator helped the middle class? This really is some deluded logic.

Back
Top Bottom