• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biden losing in swing states

Off the top of my head, Alfred, Henry II and Elizabeth I were all English Monarchs who were almost universally admired by the English.
Elizabeth I killed more English Catholics than her sister "bloody" Mary killed English Protestants. Both Queens were HUGELY popular with the people on their own side of the sectarian divide, but "universally admired" is utter bunk.

The problem with any study of English history prior to the 19th Century is that the vast majority of the material was butchered by the Victorians, who had a powerful agenda, and a blatant disregard for facts.

Elizabeth I is said to have been universally popular because she was a Queen who established an empire, and made England powerful on the world stage - just like Victoria.

Similarly, we "know" that Cromwell's protectorate was hugely unpopular, despite the few independent contemporary sources that survive (eg Pepys) suggesting that in London at least, he was considered a massive improvement on the Kings who preceded him. But as a regicide, it was obvious to the Victorians that he must have been unpopular, so they memory-holed whatever sources suggested otherwise.

Victorians sit as a roadblock astride English history, obscuring most of what went before, and filtering the remainder through their hugely biased worldview. Anything written by, and most of what was written since, the Victorian era should be taken with a massive grain of salt. This includes almost everything that's taught in English schools, and hence pretty much all of popular understanding of English history.
It baffles me the sway that the Victorian Englishmen continue to hold over the historical and scientific narrative, even in the United States. It's like time stopped in 1895 sometimes.

It's all need to be compared to democratically elected rullers. And which british PM was not shit?

I’m asking if you have any examples of a “decent and smart” dictator who works for the interests of the middle class and poor.
Right now? Well, Orban of Hungary :)
You did call him a dictator.
Did *I* call him a dictator? I will look into him and judge whether he is decent and looking out for the interests of the poor.

Did *I* call him a dictator? I
"You" means West. And yes, he was literally called a dictator by EU officials.
Singapore - dictatorship
Taiwan - dictatorship for the most of its history
South Korea - dictatorship for the most of its history

Okay, so if you acknowledge that both parties serve only their own interests, not the interests of the citizens... Why is it that you consistently denigrate only one of those parties? What makes the self-serving power-seeking grift of one party more palatable to you?
Because only one contingent is overtly gunning for my civil rights. Dumb question.
Both contingents are actively gunning for my civil rights. Different rights being targeted by each, but both of them are chipping away at my rights.
Which of your civil rights do you think is being targeted by the Democratic Party and which by the Republican Party?

the number of Russians who applied for asylum in the United States in 2022 was estimated to be over 30,000 individuals. Additionally, from October 2022 to January 2023, 22,000 Russians crossed the American border from Mexico.

Gee wizzles babs, we don't see 30,000 Americans lining up to get into your shithole country or trying to cross into Russia illegally. Why is THAT?

My guess? Because it's a shithole country.

Reactions: SLD
the number of Russians who applied for asylum in the United States in 2022 was estimated to be over 30,000 individuals. Additionally, from October 2022 to January 2023, 22,000 Russians crossed the American border from Mexico.

Gee wizzles babs, we don't see 30,000 Americans lining up to get into your shithole country or trying to cross into Russia illegally. Why is THAT?

My guess? Because it's a shithole country.
Met one the other day. They were so glad to be here. Tears in their eyes over how their country has degenerated.

Rita Panahi??? :hysterical: You might as well consult Chairman Mao on best agricultural practices.

The last two polls at 538 have Biden over Trump. Why are we not hearing anything about this?

Back
Top Bottom