• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Biden or Trump too old?

To notify a split thread.
Biden has issues with speech, but I haven't seen any actual symptoms of dementia in Bide, at least not yet. Have you noticed that Trump said again that he ran against Obama? That's about the 3rd or 4th time he's said that recently. I've listened to as much Trump as I can stand. His speech is very deranged. He mixes up events and people. He frequently doesn't seem to remember what happened yesterday. Those are possible symptoms of dementia. Verbal gaffes and even forgetting names at times aren't symptoms of dementia. Plus, quite a few people who have spoken to Biden in private, have said that his mind is clear. I don't know how he manages to deal with all that he has on his plate right now. The Rs refuse to work with the Ds. The Rs came up with a conservative bill on immigration, for example, but then decided not to vote on it after their cult leader told them not to. Biden amazes me in how he's able to deal with all the hatred, lies and other crap coming from the Rs. And Trump constantly claims that Biden is the criminals when anyone who isn't a member of the Trump cult knows who the real criminal is, and which family has committed what certainly appear to look like crimes.

It's sad to see people supporting a criminal like Trump, who openly threatens democracy.

As opposed to CIA propagandist?
So it’s ok if you agree with the side disseminating the propaganda?
What do you mean? I think Biden is senile. And Trump is inherently mentally deficient and psychopath to begin with.
Whether or nor he shows sign of dementia, I am not certain. He may have Vascular Dementia (looking drunk is a symptom of that) or simply literally drunk/drugged. He looks drunk on some videos but then he looks fine on others, I am not sure it's consistent with Vascular Dementia. Both men are utterly unfit for anything other than being retired. But Biden is more so.

You might have some credibility if you could acknowledge Biden’s dementia. Instead, all you do is claim (without support) that “oh no: it’s Trump that ‘shows signs’ of dementia.”
Umm...no. Actual psychiatrists have done a diagnoses on Trump.

I haven't seen a report of a medical professional diagnosing Biden, can you provide one?

I look at Biden and wonder what are the Deep State plans? Is it it to keep him stable until November, hope for a win and then have Kamala Chicken Brain Harris to replace him?

Umm...no. Actual psychiatrists have done a diagnoses on Trump.
People lie.
Take a wild guess to happens to medical professionals when they lie about their diagnoses, genius. In developed countries, at least.
They will come up with rational explanation.
Psychiatry is not an exact science, and our diagnosis was not based on personal interviews....
By the way, I am not sure the psychiatrist is an actual medical professional. She is Yale, that suggests she might be immune to loss of practice because she does not have it. And Yale, as far poliical science & related shit concerned is ground zero of Deep State shenanigans.

Biden has issues with speech, but I haven't seen any actual symptoms of dementia in Bide, at least not yet.

Then you haven’t been looking or you don’t have any clue about what you are observing.

So more cherry picked moments. So not exactly five straight minutes.

Jebus, W had "dementia" by these standards.

This whining from the right wing is just, well, old.

Ok, Biden is old.

Trump is....*deep breath* ... old, a criminal, a fraudster, a misogynistic adulterer, juvenile, demonstrating ACTUAL cognitive issues, a compulsive liar, and so many other redeeming qualities.

I mean, those must all be redeeming for ya'll to still be sucking his tiny, mushroom knob, no?
Most of your claims are false.

But the contention about Biden goes far beyond just his advanced age. It is that he is mentally pretty far gone. The lights are on but nobody’s home.

If you’re tossing salad on that old pedophile, you are likely to be inhaling old Depends.
Which claims are false?

What evidence do you have that Biden is a pedophile? Or mentally slipping?
Biden has speech issues. Speech issues can be exacerbated by stress. The Presidency is a very stressful job.
Oh come now. His stutter is age old. His gaffes are legendary. But that isn’t what we are talking about when people comment about his apparent dementia. And if you don’t recognize his dementia, then you haven’t been paying attention.
Do I have to mention again, that about half of my long career as a professional nurse was caring and advocating for people with dementia, and have taken most of my CEUs on dementia related topics? Where did you get your degree in gerontology?

Trump may not have full blown dementia yet, but he certainly has symptoms of dementia. He forgets what he said the day before he said it, and short term memory loss is often the primary symptom of dementia. Biden has no symptoms of dementia at this point and most people his age don't have dementia, btw. He does forget names sometimes, but as an older adult myself, I know that most of us may be very sharp when it comes to most things, but forgetting names is something that often starts in one's 50s and progresses from there. Neurologists believe this is because with age, we have a lot of data stored in our brains, so it can often take a bit longer to pull up the name or info that we need. Biden is not threat to democracy. Biden is under tremendous stress, especially considering the world's problems and the lack of any cooperation from the opposing party. Bipartisanism is dead, thanks to Trump and some of his wack job cronies like MTG, who is an embarrassment to my adopted state.

Trump is a deranged, psychopathic narcissist, who will probably cause a lot more damage to this country in a second term, compared to his first term. It's not just his declining mental state, it's the type of people who he will choose as cabinet members that is potentially dangerous. I'll take Biden over Trump any day. In fact, Biden has done a great job as president, compared to just about any of them in my life time. Only a person who has been indoctrinated by far right disinformation would support someone like Trump. Sadly, there are far too many in our country right now. It's one thing to be conservative and quite another to be a far right Tump supporter.
You might have some credibility if you could acknowledge Biden’s dementia. Instead, all you do is claim (without support) that “oh no: it’s Trump that ‘shows signs’ of dementia.”

Very hack like post you offered in that regard.
As far as I’m able to tell, Biden does not have dementia. He has had a life long speech impediment and at 81, his memory is not as sharp as it once was. Those do not add up to dementia.

OTOH, there are many, many videos that show that Trump struggles to string two coherent sentences together. He could not tell the difference between E.Jean Carroll and his second wife when shown photos of the two women, who, to be fair, were both blonde. He regularly misidentifies the current POTUS and confuses him with a previous POTUS, confuses Nancy Pelosi and Nikki Haley, who bear very little resemblance to one another. He has not made good sense in a few years now when speaking in public. I’m not talking about expressing ideas that I disagree with but sentences that make little sense.

The fact is that there are people who reach the age of 100 or more who have full command of their mental faculties. I’ve known a couple. My mother began to show signs of dementia in her mid-50’s, separate from but as a result of brain damage she suffered more than a decade earlier. Other people show signs of dementia early because of other types of brain injuries—notable examples being some football players. Or because of early onset Alzheimer’s.

Some people were never terribly bright at their peak.

4 years ago, I was very unhappy that Biden entered the race because of his age. I thought he was too old to be effective. I was wrong.

But let’s say, for argument’s sake that both men are intellectually equal in their qualifications as POTUS. The absolute fact is that only one of these people attempted to overthrow the results of a free and fair election. Only one has multiple convictions for criminal activity of a business that he heads. Only one spouted nonsense to destroy public confidence in the CDC and WHO while taking the recommended medications which were not at the time widely available. Trump is responsible for millions of deaths due to COVID because of his willful actions to deceive, prevaricate and mislead the public for his own political benefit. Only one has encouraged our foreign enemies to invade another country. The list goes on.

As opposed to CIA propagandist?
So it’s ok if you agree with the side disseminating the propaganda?
What do you mean? I think Biden is senile. And Trump is inherently mentally deficient and psychopath to begin with.
Whether or nor he shows sign of dementia, I am not certain. He may have Vascular Dementia (looking drunk is a symptom of that) or simply literally drunk/drugged. He looks drunk on some videos but then he looks fine on others, I am not sure it's consistent with Vascular Dementia. Both men are utterly unfit for anything other than being retired. But Biden is more so.
Wow. You must not see many videos of Trump. Frankly, while he was POTUS, he was displaying signs of dementia.

Biden has not, as far as I can tell.

Wow. You must not see many videos of Trump. Frankly, while he was POTUS, he was displaying signs of dementia.
Not really, he was not.
Biden has not, as far as I can tell.
He is 100% displaying classical signs of dementia, period.
The word "aging" some doctors use is a code word for "early" stage of dementia.
But it's ridiculous, because in their classification dementia is when person is running naked and covered in shit.

Back
Top Bottom