• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Biden or Trump too old?

To notify a split thread.
You have no friends here and this forum has many nationalities.
The world is much bigger place than US, Canada, Australia, Finland (one guy), Sweden (one guy), There was a french guy I think.
So no, this forum does not have many nationalities. And all of them, except me, are from either US or US occupied western countries.
Most of the Western Europe countries are not even represented here.

No Italians, no spanish, germans (?) Eastern Europe - none.
All you have, is a single russian guy, who all of you are trolling with toilet paper stories from the 80s. Or even 60s.
This forum is incredibly non-representative of this planet.
Cool story bro. How about you bring some of your mates over to back you up and Putin's bullshit.

Yeah, thought so.

Derek did make one true statement. DeSantis is a GenX. I just didn't have time to come back and correct my previous post. Still, he's on the young end of GenX, at 44. The oldest millennials were born in 1978, I believe, but the point is the younger candidates re totally unequipped for he job.

I agree with Toni and others who have said they would like to see some younger Democrats take on some of these important positions. But who would that be? I would support Cory Booker in a heartbeat and I'm sure there are a few others who I'd be comfortable supporting. I just don't think any of them are currently interested in the job and I can't say that I blame them. I used to be a strong supporter of Stacey Abrams, but the way she ran her last campaign worried me a bit, and she currently hasn't mentioned if she plans on running for public office again. I've heard good things about Whitmire, but I think she's already said she's not interested in the job. So, until some smart, experienced, appealing Democrat decides to run, I'll take a smart older guy anyway. I see no cognitive decline in Biden that would impair his ability to take on a second term. I can't imagine taking on all of the false attacks that he's had to deal with and still be able to stand upright. So, until the time comes when the younger generations can offer someone who knows what he/she is doing, we will be fortunate to have a man with wisdom and experience for 4 more years. Unlike Trump, Biden listens to his advisors, so I think he can make it for a second term.

Trump is old and has severe symptoms of mental illness. he's a pathological liar who has autocratic tendencies and that's an under statement. He's also a criminal who will likely be convicted of at least some of the crimes he's been indicted for. I just hope people will vote instead of staying home because Biden isn't the person they would have chosen if they had the power to do that. That's just stupid!

Let me correct myself again. Millenial generation started in 1981. I have a friend who was born in 79 and she insists she's a millennial. I correct her, but then, after arguing with her, I often forget the exact years of that generation. Still, DeSantis was born in 1978, so he's not much older than the millennial generation. Point being, we have plenty of younger candidates who are far more mentally fucked up compared to Biden.

Just read more about what Vivek R has been ranting about lately. He has no idea what how government is run. He seems to believe that the president can eliminate federal agencies and/or cut their finances significantly as well as firing a large percentage of federal workers. And, some of you are worried about Biden's age?

Just read more about what Vivek R has been ranting about lately. He has no idea what how government is run. He seems to believe that the president can eliminate federal agencies and/or cut their finances significantly as well as firing a large percentage of federal workers. And, some of you are worried about Biden's age?
Is there a way for us straight ticket Democrats to contribute to Vivek R's candidacy?
Tom

Is there a way for us straight ticket Democrats to contribute to Vivek R's candidacy?
Tom
Don’t joke about that. He’s a dusky skinned version of Trump but with less charm.

I thought Trump was a joke candidate that no one would take seriously. I think that’s what Trump thought as well.

I want Biden to win. I don’t care who the GOP nominates.

Don’t joke about that. He’s a dusky skinned version of Trump but
Maybe I'm cynical enough to want a brown, nonchristian, Republican kick Trump's ass in the GOP primary.

It's nothing but a pipe dream anyway.
Tom

Insulting? I'm 72 and not insulted in anyway. Personally I thunk anyone under 60 has their head up their asses.

Physical and mental capacity both can and do decline with age. Established medical fact. In the case of Trump he is just plain mentally ill and incoherent to begin with.

I see some issues with Biden from my experience and other seniors I know.

Mitch McConnell is obvious with his deer in the headlights moments. Biden was said to have had a similar occurrence but to a lessor degree.

It wil be a tough campaign for Biden let alone a second term. Requires sustained stamina.

Don’t joke about that. He’s a dusky skinned version of Trump but
Maybe I'm cynical enough to want a brown, nonchristian, Republican kick Trump's ass in the GOP primary.

It's nothing but a pipe dream anyway.
Tom
I hear you but really what I want is for the GOP to return to a time when they had some integrity and cared about the country, and not about their own personal gain and fame. I don’t hold out tons of hope. MGT, Boebert, and Gaetz seem to be in it for the lulz and whatever grift they can get. I don’t see much of a future for the party and none for the country if the likes of them are the future of the GOP.

I DO believe in checks and balances, or gas and brakes if you prefer that metaphor. I don’t think the Dems have all the answers and I do think there is a big need for different strategies to be considered and debated.

Yes, I get the satisfaction of having someone who is not white trounce Trump for the nomination. But if they don’t have any genuine decency, work ethic, intelligence, strong base of knowledge, competence, and a genuine desire to serve the country and its people, I don’t want them on any ballot anywhere.

Political office is some of the most important and powerful jobs in the country, for which there are no physcal or mental requirements.

No relevant experience or education required.

The question would be who sets the physical and mental standards and tests. The answer by politicians would be let the people decide by how they vote.

As much as possible FDR's disability was hidden from the public. His physical disability did not seem to affect his reasoning.

Insulting? I'm 72 and not insulted in anyway. Personally I thunk anyone under 60 has their head up their asses.

Physical and mental capacity both can and do decline with age. Established medical fact. In the case of Trump he is just plain mentally ill and incoherent to begin with.

I see some issues with Biden from my experience and other seniors I know.

Mitch McConnell is obvious with his deer in the headlights moments. Biden was said to have had a similar occurrence but to a lessor degree.

It wil be a tough campaign for Biden let alone a second term. Requires sustained stamina.
You might learn more by reading "The Mature Mind, The Positive Power of the Aging Brain", by Gene Cohen. I'm sure there are other books or articles that explain the benefits of an aging brain. Sure, old age has it's risks, but a healthy old brain is better in some ways compared to a healthy young brain. I'm older than you and I'm not as sharp as I once was, but I don't see much decline in Biden. He's physically fit and very active. I can't imagine the stress of traveling around the world like his job demands, or interacting with people from a vast array of cultures, while remaining calm. His experience and wisdom help him keep going, along with his ability to take the shit he gets from Republicans as well as some who are much further left than him.

JFK was young when he was assassinated, but somehow the country carried on under LBJ, who wan't very popular at the time. Yet he accomplished quite lot. If Biden were unable to finish the job, I'm sure Harris could get it done. The media spends way too much time obsessing over Biden's age. And, despite them being Republicans, I brought up Vivek and Ron D as examples of younger people who obviously don't have well developed brains. We should never make assumptions about people based only on their age.

Making assumptions about age, is like making assumptions about race or gender. They sometimes refer to ageism as the last acceptable form of bigotry. It's odd since most people will eventually become older adults and as you probably know, it happens sooner than we expect.

It may very well be a tough campaign for Biden, but a lot of that will be due to the lies that the crazies on the right tell about him, the way they try to equate his son's crimes with him, when despite five years of investigations, no evidence has been found. For that matter, very few people are charged with a felony for the same crimes as Hunter's, according to legal experts. But, it's a way of piling on more stress and spreading more lies that are often believed by the Trump supporters who only get their so called news from right wing propaganda sources. That's how I see it.

Positive thinking and will power only gets you so far.

Attitudes and feelings and emotions do affect reasoning. Established fact I know from experience whenI was younger and healthy. Chronic stress affects reasoning.

Back in the 80s I was trying to manage multiple isses up on my feet all day. I sat down at my desk ad it was like a circuit breaker had tripped, my mind wen offline temporarily.

So, when I look at Biden I see ques in how he moves, his at times labored speech, and at times is at a loss for words.

His rambling almost incoherent apologies to China for making a deal with VN on camera from Vietnam was painful to hear and see.

I don't need to read a book or watch a video.

I worked at a Lockheed division in the 80s known in the area as a 'heart attack' comapny. Unless you could nanage stress in hte evironment it ate oiu up. One guy I knew was picked up running down the street shouting agnets were after him.

I think Biden's fitness is questionable.

The dude just crossed eight time zones to attend the G20 and then went to Vietnam to negotiate another deal. How many people of any age could keep up with that?

Cool story bro. How about you bring some of your mates over to back you up and Putin's bullshit.
What are you implying?
That Putin and SMO does not have 80% support and it would be hard to find anyone?
I talked about this forum on other russian forum and some people asked to get here. But I declined. English is not great and people who live in US are not interested for obvious reasons.
SMO has a genuine public support. Your assholes admit that.

Biden is senile, that's just a fact. I mean not full blown senility I recently observed in one of my relatives but obvious signs are there.

I agree, Biden has declined (to a point where he is not capable to run anything). Trump has not yet, but he is just plain dumb.

The position of POTUS is an extremely stressful and physically demanding job. I think it’d be a rare 75yr+ who’d be up to the daily stress, intellectual, physical and emotional demands, IMO if one is worried about Mr Biden’s capabilities, one would have to be worried about Mr Trump’s clearly proven deficiencies. Curiously that doesn’t seem to the case.

If the race is Mr Biden vs Mr Trump, the age factor will have no effect on my decision-making.

As an aside, the claim that NATO or the West started the invasion in Ukraine is delusional which strongly suggests Mr Putin is senile.

the claim that NATO or the West started the invasion in Ukraine is delusional which strongly suggests Mr Putin is senile.

While the claim is indisputably delusional, its roots are fairly easy to understand. Pootey was a KGB officer holed up in the East Berlin Soviet HQ when the wall fell. He was in fear for his life, and successfully bluffed his way out of there using credible lies.
That tactic has been his go-to, ever since. Except now, when he makes threats against individuals he has the means to make things like windows, food, and even doorknobs into deadly tools of retribution.

The dude just crossed eight time zones to attend the G20 and then went to Vietnam to negotiate another deal. How many people of any age could keep up with that?
This is exactly the type of thing I've been talking about. Thanks for adding your post. I had an active, stressful career when I was younger, but I still can't imagine doing what Biden has done and is doing at any age. And, as I've asked quite a few times, who is this young, energetic, smart, experienced, Democrat who is willing and able to take on the job?

The comments that claim Biden is senile are extremely ignorant. He may not be a frisky as a 40 year old, but he gets the job done. Considering what he's inherited from TFG, and considering all the challenges facing him and the world, it's amazing he's doing such a good job, yet his own supporters who can't think of anything but, OMG, he's 80.

Interestingly enough, Jonathan Capeheart is ranting at this minute about how Democrats are doing a disservice to their own, by obsessing over Biden's age, despite how well he's managed his first term. Maybe we need to start using the phrase, "Democrats eat their own".

The comments that claim Biden is senile are extremely ignorant. He may not be a frisky as a 40 year old, but he gets the job done.

This reminds me of something.
~25 years ago I went to a concert, "Dizzy Gillespie live". Dizzy was about 80.

He came out on stage at the beginning, played a bit, then his band appeared. They kicked ass. Once in the middle and at the end Dizzy reappeared for a few moments each. I'd guess that in a 90 minute concert Dizzy was onstage for 15 minutes and played for about 5.

The concert was excellent. Cheering. Dancing. We really did see Dizzy perform, but was his band who did the show. His team put on a stupendously good show.

That's how I see Biden. He can sleep on the plane in between performances while his kick ass team gets done what the American people want done.
Tom

“Just think of it. We would be in World War 2 very quickly if we’re going to be relying on this man, and far more devastating than any war. There will never be a war if that happens— there will never be a war like this. It will obliterate everything there is, everybody, it will obliterate every country.”

—Donald J. Trump

“Just think of it. We would be in World War 2 very quickly if we’re going to be relying on this man, and far more devastating than any war. There will never be a war if that happens— there will never be a war like this. It will obliterate everything there is, everybody, it will obliterate every country.”

—Donald J. Trump

It'd be great if people put dates on quotes like this.
Trump's lies change with the political and business winds. There's no way to tell, for sure, which lies he was telling in that quote.
Tom

Back
Top Bottom