• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Biden or Trump too old?

To notify a split thread.
The comments that claim Biden is senile are extremely ignorant. He may not be a frisky as a 40 year old, but he gets the job done.

This reminds me of something.
~25 years ago I went to a concert, "Dizzy Gillespie live". Dizzy was about 80.

He came out on stage at the beginning, played a bit, then his band appeared. They kicked ass. Once in the middle and at the end Dizzy reappeared for a few moments each. I'd guess that in a 90 minute concert Dizzy was onstage for 15 minutes and played for about 5.

The concert was excellent. Cheering. Dancing. We really did see Dizzy perform, but was his band who did the show. His team put on a stupendously good show.

That's how I see Biden. He can sleep on the plane in between performances while his kick ass team gets done what the American people want done.
Tom
Dizzy died in 1993, so it must have been over 25 years since you saw him. :giggle: Are you getting too old to remember when you went to that concert?;) We saw Dizzy in Greenville, SC in the early 80s and he was awesome, and he never left the stage. The weird thing was that the concert hall was nearly empty and Dizzy, made a few self deprecating remarks and/or looked around, surprised at the poor turnout to hear one of the greatest Jazz musicians of all times. That tells you a little something about the culture in Greenville, SC. We loved the concert. Still, Dizzy was a young 60 something when we saw him, so I can't compare him to an 80 year old Dizzy, especially since Dizzy was about 76 when he died. :LOL: I thought we needed a break from Biden's age. Thanks for helping me out.:p

There has been some recent evidence that people are aging better these days, not everyone of course, but Biden seems to be doing just fine. Capeheart pointed out this morning that nobody in the Republican Party made an issue about Reagan's age when he ran for his second term and he was the oldest president in history at the time. Plus Reagan was never as sharp as Biden, even before he got dementia...Democrats eat their own....

Regardless of what people think, Democrats need to unite behind Biden and point out his accomplishments and stop obsessing over his age. Bashing Biden is just giving food to Trump and company. Is that what Democrats really want? I wish the media would shut the fuck up about Biden's age and simply mention his accomplishments. Trump's a narcissist and a pathological liar with autocratic tendencies, but some of you are worried about Biden's age? That's just sad.

Dizzy died in 1993, so it must have been over 25 years since you saw him. :giggle: Are you getting too old to remember when you went to that concert?
Yo.
Shouldn't you be out in the kitchen rattling some pans?

There's lots of things about the Democrats in general, and Biden in particular, that I don't like at all. Biden's age doesn't crack the top 5.

On the other hand, I'd vote for Hunter Biden before I'd vote for either of the top 2 Republican options, at this time.
Tom

Dizzy died in 1993, so it must have been over 25 years since you saw him. :giggle: Are you getting too old to remember when you went to that concert?
Yo.
Shouldn't you be out in the kitchen rattling some pans?

There's lots of things about the Democrats in general, and Biden in particular, that I don't like at all. Biden's age doesn't crack the top 5.

On the other hand, I'd vote for Hunter Biden before I'd vote for either of the top 2 Republican options, at this time.
Tom
Actually, Mr. Sohy is the cook in our house. I trained him right. :p

But, I agree with you regarding voting. My dogs would make better leaders than those idiots! There's never been a president that I was crazy about, but there is always one that is better than the alternatives. Nobody's perfect and at least Biden can admit he's made mistakes.

“Just think of it. We would be in World War 2 very quickly if we’re going to be relying on this man, and far more devastating than any war. There will never be a war if that happens— there will never be a war like this. It will obliterate everything there is, everybody, it will obliterate every country.”

—Donald J. Trump

It'd be great if people put dates on quotes like this.
Trump's lies change with the political and business winds. There's no way to tell, for sure, which lies he was telling in that quote.
Tom

He said it yesterday, Friday, September 15th, 2023, if that clears up any confusion about a war that ended in 1945. And he’s not really lying (for once), so much as he’s demonstrating who shouldn’t be the one harping on Joe Biden’s mental faculties.

“Just think of it. We would be in World War 2 very quickly if we’re going to be relying on this man, and far more devastating than any war. There will never be a war if that happens— there will never be a war like this. It will obliterate everything there is, everybody, it will obliterate every country.”

—Donald J. Trump

Trump's lies change with the political and business winds. There's no way to tell, for sure, which lies he was telling in that quote.
Tom

He said it yesterday, Friday, September 15th, 2023, if that clears up any confusion about a war that ended in 1945. And he’s not really lying (for once), so much as he’s demonstrating who shouldn’t be the one harping on Joe Biden’s mental faculties.

OK.
The problem I had is that he could have said it any time in the last 30 years and it wouldn't have been any more or less accurate.

Probably most true during the Bush II administration, but I dunno.
Tom

It wil be a tough campaign for Biden let alone a second term. Requires sustained stamina.
The dude just crossed eight time zones to attend the G20 and then went to Vietnam to negotiate another deal. How many people of any age could keep up with that?
What deal? That piece of shit called Vietnam a third world country, his handlers had to cut his press conference off after that.
The guy exhibits clear signs of senility, period.

Regardless of what people think, Democrats need to unite behind Biden and point out his accomplishments and stop obsessing over his age. Bashing Biden is just giving food to Trump and company. Is that what Democrats really want?
They really want Nuclear War, it seems.

Regardless of what people think, Democrats need to unite behind Biden and point out his accomplishments and stop obsessing over his age. Bashing Biden is just giving food to Trump and company. Is that what Democrats really want?
Is there a vodka shortage in Russia?

I'll do you one better - here's the video. There's also gems like Trump proclaiming he beat Obama in 2016.

One more time, Trump was born retarded. Biden aged into senility.
Why don't you ever add that Putin is an obvious psychopath?
Them Ruskies love them some psychopaths !🤪
From Catherine the Great to Joe Stalin, Kruschev to Putin, Russians are all about murderous crazy people.

You seem to feel that opposing Putin's territorial desires is war. It's not.

That's how I see Biden. He can sleep on the plane in between performances while his kick ass team gets done what the American people want done.
Beside the fact that Dizzy died 30 years ago at 75, as SoHy pointed out, Biden's team is further left than he has been all his career. Look how reluctant he was about offering any sort of student loan forgiveness and compare and contrast with the aggressive efforts to cancel student debt by executive fiat now. Under his new rules, if you have a couple of kids, your student loan payment is $0 even if you make $80k/a. Even making more means a low payment that may not even cover interest. That's perverse. You are forgiving debts to those that make good money and could afford to pay it back. Another big issue where Biden was pulled to the Left was the $3.5T Spenadapalooza. Thank FSM for Manchin and Sinema!

The comments that claim Biden is senile are extremely ignorant. He may not be a frisky as a 40 year old, but he gets the job done.
He is certainly not as frisky as Boebert. :cool:
Considering what he's inherited from TFG, and considering all the challenges facing him and the world, it's amazing he's doing such a good job, yet his own supporters who can't think of anything but, OMG, he's 80.
80 is a significant age, but that's not really the issue. Him being 80 in 2023 was the issue for the 2020 election. The issue for the 2024 election is that he will be 85 in 2028, the last year of his second term. He is already showing major signs of ageing. Imagine him half a decade hence.

Interestingly enough, Jonathan Capeheart is ranting at this minute about how Democrats are doing a disservice to their own, by obsessing over Biden's age, despite how well he's managed his first term. Maybe we need to start using the phrase, "Democrats eat their own".
How much of it is really Biden as a leader and how much is it, as TomC said, his team, half of whom are Sandernistas?

The dude just crossed eight time zones to attend the G20
... and boy are his arms tired.
I mean he flew there on an airplane that is basically a house with wings.
and then went to Vietnam to negotiate another deal. How many people of any age could keep up with that?
I must say, he is not doing too bad for an 80 year old. But that's grading on a curve. He still showed major signs of ageing at that Vietnam press conference. And the issue is not whether he can still do the job now, but whether he can do the job for five more years.

and then went to Vietnam to negotiate another deal. How many people of any age could keep up with that?
I must say, he is not doing too bad for an 80 year old. But that's grading on a curve. He still showed major signs of ageing at that Vietnam press conference. And the issue is not whether he can still do the job now, but whether he can do the job for five more years.
You seem afraid of Kamala Harris taking over.

It wil be a tough campaign for Biden let alone a second term. Requires sustained stamina.
The dude just crossed eight time zones to attend the G20 and then went to Vietnam to negotiate another deal. How many people of any age could keep up with that?
What deal? That piece of shit called Vietnam a third world country, his handlers had to cut his press conference off after that.
The guy exhibits clear signs of senility, period.
Way to change the subject.

Are you really not aware of jet lag???

Positive thinking and will power only gets you so far.

Attitudes and feelings and emotions do affect reasoning. Established fact I know from experience whenI was younger and healthy. Chronic stress affects reasoning.

Back in the 80s I was trying to manage multiple isses up on my feet all day. I sat down at my desk ad it was like a circuit breaker had tripped, my mind wen offline temporarily.

So, when I look at Biden I see ques in how he moves, his at times labored speech, and at times is at a loss for words.

His rambling almost incoherent apologies to China for making a deal with VN on camera from Vietnam was painful to hear and see.

I don't need to read a book or watch a video.

I worked at a Lockheed division in the 80s known in the area as a 'heart attack' comapny. Unless you could nanage stress in hte evironment it ate oiu up. One guy I knew was picked up running down the street shouting agnets were after him.

I think Biden's fitness is questionable.
Biden has a life- long struggle with stuttering, which can make him seem to hesitate when he speaks. Frankly I admire his success in a career that is so dependent on how one expresses one’s self.

You have diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight, according to your profile. That does not mean that you are unintelligent or that you have nothing worthwhile to say.

Like you, I am extremely prone to typos. I’ve always been a poor typist and autocorrect on my phone makes the problem worse—-sometimes it fills in a word while I am still typing, making it look like my fingers stutter. Sometimes, it flat out changes words—I’ve watched that happen and I know I don’t always find these before I push post. Mostly though it is my fault for not being a better typist. Typos aside, everyone knows I have many brilliant things to say and every post is a masterpiece and inspiration. Lol.

I think one of the biggest and most important talents that Biden possesses is the ability to forge working relationships with people he may not agree with. Equally important is his ability to put together an effective team, full of intelligent, knowledgeable, talented people who are dedicated to serving our country.

Stutter or not, Biden is a much better speaker than Trump because he has much more to say that is worth hearing. He does not waste time with vain self aggrandizement or blame. He just gets his point across—and it is generally worthwhile. I can think of not one single thing that Trump or most president day Republicans have to say that was even somewhat sensible or that showed much interest in honoring our country, our people or the US Constitution.

Back
Top Bottom