• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biden spanks billionaires

• Thread starter Thread starter BH
  • Start date Start date
What Tom said. But then once I got their money I’d kill ‘em anyway. 😝

Seriously,
I
Do
Not
Get
It.
I can see the draw for somewhat more than subsistence-level wealth, and maybe ensuring at least that for progeny. Beyond that, it’s really mo money mo problems. Maybe I just never learned the joy of shopping for stuff I don’t need, or really really want for a specific purpose. … something about camels and needles …
I found this unsurprising, from psych central.com:

if you live in poverty, you’re more likely to experience depression symptoms. And, as people make more money, their rates of depression decrease.
However, at a certain income threshold, depression rates start to increase again.
There is never going to be enough for everyone to live like a billionaire does. People need to get out of this delusion and be practical about this. But if the Soviet Union could provide an economic model that enabled its citizens who worked and were not drunk and throwing their money away on vodka to have living standards similar to what you see in nicer public housing to middle income apartments (at least for my area) then this country has no excuse for not being able to at least reach that level here.

The problem is the growing wealth imbalance. I don't think there is much debate over that.

When I grew up regular blue collar workers, like my father, made enough money to have a relatively comfortable life. Not a lot of material things but decent housing and food and clothes.

That has gone away.

Our free market system guarantees nothing to nobody. Yes people need to adjust expectations, but the wealth gap and cost of living is becoming a social and political stability problem.

I wouldn't kill the ones who behaved themselves and did not break the law trying to overthrow the government.

You might not, but if I were rich, I wouldn’t assume there’d be zero chance of a misunderstanding. I'd be out of there.

I wouldn't kill the ones who behaved themselves and did not break the law trying to overthrow the government.

You might not, but if I were rich, I wouldn’t assume there’d be zero chance of a misunderstanding. I'd be out of there.
Multi billionaire rich? Sure.
Mere billionaire? Maybe not. The rabble have enough super-rich to keep them us busy.

Yes. The rich and super rich are not responsible for all the problems in the world but they could see to it that people earned enough to have the basics of life. Systems are created and they can be tweaked.

Yes. The rich and super rich are not responsible for all the problems in the world but they could see to it that people earned enough to have the basics of life. Systems are created and they can be tweaked.
A good start would be paying their fair share of taxes rather than using their wealth to purchase lawmakers to ensure they don’t have to pay their fair share.

I have a question.

Lets say Harris beats Trump in November and Trump with many billionaires and religious fanatics do try to take the government for themselves by force. Biden actually grows a pair and Harris does after January 20th and invokes the insurrection act and authorizes the military to actually kill some of the these billionaires and religious leaders and not just their poor deluded followers. Nor does he give the big wigs a pardon after its all over and lets them go about their business like nothing happened. What would happen afterwards?
:oops: I think you have been spending way too much time listening to the extremists on both the left and right. And watching Game of Thrones. Chill, dude.
That is a very good way of looking at it. There are two political parties with extremes. Only one is appealing to theirs. Guess which one; I'l give you a hint - it's the the one that considers rape an "inconvenience" to women's lives.

You can pretend to be "both sides" as much as you'd like. Everyone knows what your tribe is about.

A good start would be paying their fair share of taxes rather than using their wealth to purchase lawmakers to ensure they don’t have to pay their fair share.
Their definition of “fair” is probably different than yours.

"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes." Leona Helmsly

I have a question.

Lets say Harris beats Trump in November and Trump with many billionaires and religious fanatics do try to take the government for themselves by force. Biden actually grows a pair and Harris does after January 20th and invokes the insurrection act and authorizes the military to actually kill some of the these billionaires and religious leaders and not just their poor deluded followers. Nor does he give the big wigs a pardon after its all over and lets them go about their business like nothing happened. What would happen afterwards?
On a more serious note which billionaires would you not have killed and why?

I admit I personally lean in favor of a Marxist economic setup but Marxism was based on being a democratic movement. If your workers don't want it, Marxism that is, who am I to force it on them? I'll work within a capitalist frame if that is what most people want in this country. I mean a nice wood floor is better than carpet but I'm not going to want a law saying everyone has to have wood flooring. So I'm not in favor of shooting the rich just because they rich and so forth.

What crime would you shoot them for?
Oh wait, you're serious.

In this scenario of yours, are you talking about shooting these billionaires and religious leaders while they're invading the Capitol and manning the barricades alongside their poor deluded followers? Or do you mean you want soldiers to round them up after the coup attempt is suppressed, sort out the ones who behaved themselves from the ones who tried to overthrow the government, and put the guilty in front of firing squads after military trials? If you meant the latter, that sounds an awful lot like Biden and Harris growing a pair and putting these billionaires' and religious leaders' Fifth and Sixth Amendment rights through the shredder. You're okay with a President acting lawlessly against his enemies provided you get to pick the President?

But if you meant the former, I'm having a tough time picturing Oprah or whichever billionaire you had in mind putting her life on the line in a personal confrontation with the Army, as opposed to watching the insurrection on TV from a safe distance after promising her deluded followers when they stop Congress from certifying the election, you get a car and you get a car.

The problem is the growing wealth imbalance. I don't think there is much debate over that.
fpsyg-12-808976-g001.jpg

(Source: nih.gov)

Very true. The average federal income tax paid by American taxpayers is 14%. The average federal income tax paid by the 1500 richest American taxpayers is 24%. Personally, I think it's disgraceful for somebody who only has to work for the government three days a month to accuse a guy who has to work for the government five days a month of not doing his fair share. Whenever I hear any one arguing it's "fair" for his outgroup to be taxed more harshly than he is, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.

I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.
Most people would gladly suffer the burden of a 9-10 figure income, even if they only got to keep 5-10% of it.

But even the most progressive tax schedule wouldn’t make billionaires pay their true “fair share”* due to their vastly disproportionate use of ‘public’ infrastructure, facilities etc., unless the tax was on wealth rather than income.
And there are all manner of problems trying to “fairly” assess wealth.

* yes, I know, “fair” is subjective

I have a question.

Those poor billionaires, BH I really think you are mistreating the billionaires! After all we would be so so much worse off if George Soros and other banksters were tarred, feathered, and hung (not really).

But rather than going after said billionaires, would it not make more sense just to change our political structure where said billionaires would not be so politically powerful? Like making it illegal to buy out congress for example? Like making stock trading illegal for Nancy Pelosi and other congress people?

We really don't want to lose the billionaires (excepting George Soros of course) what we want to lose is their political influence. Without our billionaires we also lose progress and our way of life because the billionaires were the ones who took the risks to invent and produce the things we enjoy. Without our billionaires we become exactly like Africa is today, the continent that has no billionaires and everyone else living in squalor.

Last edited:
I have a question.

On a more serious note which billionaires would you not have killed and why?

I admit I personally lean in favor of a Marxist economic setup but Marxism was based on being a democratic movement. If your workers don't want it, Marxism that is, who am I to force it on them? I'll work within a capitalist frame if that is what most people want in this country. I mean a nice wood floor is better than carpet but I'm not going to want a law saying everyone has to have wood flooring. So I'm not in favor of shooting the rich just because they rich and so forth.

What crime would you shoot them for?
Oh wait, you're serious.

In this scenario of yours, are you talking about shooting these billionaires and religious leaders while they're invading the Capitol and manning the barricades alongside their poor deluded followers? Or do you mean you want soldiers to round them up after the coup attempt is suppressed, sort out the ones who behaved themselves from the ones who tried to overthrow the government, and put the guilty in front of firing squads after military trials? If you meant the latter, that sounds an awful lot like Biden and Harris growing a pair and putting these billionaires' and religious leaders' Fifth and Sixth Amendment rights through the shredder. You're okay with a President acting lawlessly against his enemies provided you get to pick the President?

But if you meant the former, I'm having a tough time picturing Oprah or whichever billionaire you had in mind putting her life on the line in a personal confrontation with the Army, as opposed to watching the insurrection on TV from a safe distance after promising her deluded followers when they stop Congress from certifying the election, you get a car and you get a car.
Lol. You only shoot the ones actively engaged in insurrections. The ones you capture or surrender you give a fair trial.

Lol. You only shoot the ones actively engaged in insurrections. The ones you capture or surrender you give a fair trial.
Yeah, it's either that or shoot them all pre-emptively. Including Oprah. She should have run for President when she would have won, and she could have avoided all this.

By participating in insurrection I'm talking about helping plan, buy and importing weapons, ect. Any billionaire who has nothing to do with insurrection would be safe. Lol

Back
Top Bottom