• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Black Jogger Gunned Down In The Street

And prosecution made it appear as something it was not.

Nah bruh. You just disagree with the prosecution. You also seem to disagree that attempts to read the law & understand how it was applied in the courtroom is a good idea. You have this gut feeling of what Mr. Arbery & Travis' intentions were and not a single fact presented in the case nor written law is the fuel for that gut feeling. It's all lalaland make-believe wishy-washy imaginary rainbows and cotton candy clouds in the sky bullshit sir.

If your argument were sensical, racists could harass blacks at random, aiming their vehicle at them in near-collisions. Once the victim is sufficiently enraged he can then be shot to death in "self-defense"! To protect against this, I suppose blacks are obligated to throw up their arms and surrender to any white man who accosts them?

Wow! Do you live in Russia? Is that the way things are done there?
There are no specific citizen's arrest laws in Russia. Certainly not with guns. And self-defense laws are pretty weak.

Your argument is nonsensical. These 3 idiots had the right guy, they had citizen's arrest law and that's what they tried to do. Unfortunately the guy had some mental issues.
What mental issues???

There is ZERO evidence that Arbery committed any crime with respect to that construction site. His previous run ins with the law were minor in nature and he received probation, which is a long, long way away from a death sentence.
His own mother called him mentally sick.
Bringing a gun to a school and stealing TV are not minor offences.
It was a minor miracle he was alive at the time of his death.
BRinging a gun to school is, unfortunately an every day occurrence. Aubery received probation for his offense, so clearly the judge was not particularly incensed about the horrible nature of his offense. Similarly, Aubery received probation (really, an extension of his earlier probation) for attempted theft of a television. The fact that he received probation in each case indicates to me that the judicial system did not see him as a huge threat to society and considered his offenses minor. The charges as reported in the court documents lack clarity as to exactly what happened in each case.

I agree that it is something of a miracle that he was alive at the time he was so brutally murdered by 3 white men. It is dangerous to be black in America.

Where are you getting your information?
Court documents posted in this thread.
Link, please.

Or at least refer to the post # so others can find them.
I don't remember if it was here or somewhere else, but I remember an outline of Arbery's history that left me convinced that he wasn't an innocent jogger. But I don't care about that. It doesn't justify what the McMichaels did.

I wouldn't care if they'd actually seen Arbery carrying a piece of power equipment away from the construction site. What they did was brutal and well deserving prison terms.

And then there's the attempted cover-up. That's a whole additional crime.
Tom

Again, the victim was unarmed. He was chased by people in a truck, who armed themselves prior to chasing him. They attempted to capture him and brandished a gun which surely is a threatening thing to do.

It doesn't matter if the chased was El Chapo, they had no right to try and capture him, and sure the heck didn't have the right to brandish a gun while doing it.

The irony is that the man shoots the person they chased, because he was afraid that if that guy got his gun, he'd get killed. Yet, that thought never crossed his mind regarding what Arbery would have thought about a gun being pointed at him. He didn't care, they were playing Police, and he liked the power. At the best, Arbery died because the shooter suffered from an overdose of arrogance.

Again, the victim was unarmed. He was chased by people in a truck, who armed themselves prior to chasing him. They attempted to capture him and brandished a gun which surely is a threatening thing to do.

It doesn't matter if the chased was El Chapo, they had no right to try and capture him, and sure the heck didn't have the right to brandish a gun while doing it.

The irony is that the man shoots the person they chased, because he was afraid that if that guy got his gun, he'd get killed. Yet, that thought never crossed his mind regarding what Arbery would have thought about a gun being pointed at him. He didn't care, they were playing Police, and he liked the power. At the best, Arbery died because the shooter suffered from an overdose of arrogance.
I see nothing wrong with liking "Power to do stuff". It's "power over others" that this was and I'm finding more and more of a need to lexically cleave these concepts.

Just a thought. Not really related, and possibly slightly detailing. Mea culpa.

American justice system is all about appearance. Very little about actual truth.

Travis told the truth.
And prosecution made it appear as something it was not.
You mean the prosecution made it appear as something you think it was not.

I don't think you understand an adversarial court system. The prosecutor's job is to get a jury to convict on the charges filed. The defense's job is convince the jury not to do so. Nobody expects the lawyers to tell "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth".
Tom

Arctish, try harder
Try harder to do what? Get you to answer the question?

Where are you getting your information, barbos? Link to your source or repost where you found it, please.

BRinging a gun to school is, unfortunately an every day occurrence. Aubery received probation for his offense, so clearly the judge was not particularly incensed about the horrible nature of his offense. Similarly, Aubery received probation (really, an extension of his earlier probation) for attempted theft of a television. The fact that he received probation in each case indicates to me that the judicial system did not see him as a huge threat to society and considered his offenses minor. The charges as reported in the court documents lack clarity as to exactly what happened in each case.

I agree that it is something of a miracle that he was alive at the time he was so brutally murdered by 3 white men. It is dangerous to be black in America.

In other words, the court must have thought he was carrying it for defense. Not legal but not a big threat to society.

BRinging a gun to school is, unfortunately an every day occurrence. Aubery received probation for his offense, so clearly the judge was not particularly incensed about the horrible nature of his offense.
No, it's not. It's not even normal for blacks. And it was not all he did, he tried to escape and (!!!) according to police appeared as trying to use that gun. That's why I said it was a minor miracle that he was alive.

Stealing TVs IS NOT every day occurrence either.

Going around a looking inside of people's car while pretending to be a jogger is not every day occurrence either.

BRinging a gun to school is, unfortunately an every day occurrence. Aubery received probation for his offense, so clearly the judge was not particularly incensed about the horrible nature of his offense.
No, it's not. It's not even normal for blacks. And it was not all he did, he tried to escape and (!!!) according to police appeared as trying to use that gun. That's why I said it was a minor miracle that he was alive.

Going around a looking inside of people's car while pretending to be a jogger is not every day occurrence either.
I didn't say that it was normal, I said that it was an every day occurrence. Unfortunately, that is true. Every single day, someone brings a gun onto a school campus. It's horrible, it's wrong, it's indicative of our pretty f*d up relationship with guns, violence, drugs, mental health and probably some other stuff. And every single day, someone tries to steal (or does steal) a TV or more stuff. Heck, I was out with my husband when we were very young, with a bunch of his high school friends (long after high school, and indeed, people were either college grads, in grad school or other professional school at the time) and the guys stupidly got drunk and tried (unsuccessfully) to steal a beer sign from behind a bar and tried to convince me to steal a beer pitcher by hiding it in my coat--which I refused to do. This was a bunch of young white guys from very good homes/families, with degrees, on their way to success and all of that so no one was arrested and no cops were called and I wasn't drinking and could get the guys out of there before the bartender got any more annoyed with them ---which wasn't half as angry as I was at the time. Every single one of those young men went on to have successful professional careers, and as far as I know, that was the last time any of them attempted to steal anything, drunk or sober. It definitely was for my husband. They were young, dumb and I think I mentioned: drunk. Oh, and white.

There's a lot of bad stuff that happens every day: little kids dying of cancer, rape, murder, people dying of drug overdoses, child sex trafficking, kids who are homeless or hungry or abused. It's not normal or right or good or acceptable but it does happen every single day.

I didn't say that it was normal, I said that it was an every day occurrence.
You know what else is an an every day occurrence? Idiots getting themselves killed.
US is a large country. 1% of that large population are raging idiots.

I didn't say that it was normal, I said that it was an every day occurrence.
You know what else is an an every day occurrence? Idiots getting themselves killed.
US is a large country. 1% of that large population are raging idiots.
I'm really glad that you've never done anything idiotic or stupid or dangerous and that you haven't gotten yourself killed.

I've done some stupid stuff myself. Fortunately, the only person hurt was me.

I'm really glad that you've never done anything idiotic or stupid or dangerous and that you haven't gotten yourself killed.
It is really disappointing that you regularly steal, bring guns to the school and attack police officers.

It is really disappointing that you regularly steal, bring guns to the school and attack police officers.
That's a pretty wild leap into personal fantasy territory. I've never suggested that I've done any such thing.

But I'll state again: people do stupid stuff all the time, sometimes dangerously stupid stuff. Especially when they are young and yes, males tend to be bigger risk takers and so more likely to do stupid dangerous stuff than are females.

I'm still glad that you haven't done anything idiotic or stupid or dangerous and that you haven't gotten yourself killed and will still be glad that is so if you keep on this inane type of attempt to goad me.

No matter what stupid offensive stuff you post to goad me, I will remain glad that you are still alive.

Where did you get the impression Arbery "appeared as trying to use that gun"?

And where did you get the idea that Arbery was "going around looking inside of people's car"?

Where are you getting your information?

Back
Top Bottom