• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Black Jogger Gunned Down In The Street

ETA You are aware that all three are convicted of murder by 11 whites and one black person, right?
I am glad that those 3 murderers have been found guilty. From Australia it sometime seems that the South is full of such people. Such is the power of hyperbolic reporting.
I notice is this case that 11 whites and 1 black were on the jury. Was that considered a problem? I ask that because in the Rittenhouse case the ratio was reversed and that caused quite a stir it seems.
In every case case involving white, black, regardless of whom is plaintiff or defendant, if you are going to minutely scrutinise the ratios of the jury to try to get a 'fair' jury how will justice ever be seem to be done?

I am glad that those 3 murderers have been found guilty. From Australia it sometime seems that the South is full of such people. Such is the power of hyperbolic reporting.

The South IS full of such people. The South is not exclusively such people, if that's what you meant. But they are fucking everywhere.
And the North. And the West. They just seem louder since ZTrump took office, and louder still in the South.

I notice is this case that 11 whites and 1 black were on the jury. Was that considered a problem?
Some will consider it a problem no matter how the numbers fall. Someone will cry 'Unfair!' no matter what, esp. if their side loses.
In every case case involving white, black, regardless of whom is plaintiff or defendant, if you are going to minutely scrutinise the ratios of the jury to try to get a 'fair' jury how will justice ever be seem to be done?
The lawyers scrutinise each juror, looking for favorable or at least not prejudicial members. It's the 'hyperbolic press' thst scrutinizes the ratios.
And again, justice will not be seen to be done by certain groups unless they win. If not, it must be a conspiracy...

CNN calls it lynching of a jogger. Nuances my ass.

I repeat, he was not a jogger, it was not a lynching, and Arbery would have been alive today if he decided against attacking a guy with a gun and these 3 idiots would have been in prison on much lesser charges.
It's a case of a 4 idiots and idiotic gun laws.

He went for the gun because he expected to die if he didn't.

I repeat, he was not a jogger, it was not a lynching, and Arbery would have been alive today if he decided against attacking a guy with a gun and these 3 idiots would have been in prison on much lesser charges.

If he wasn't a jogger what was he? And whatever it is you think he was did he deserve to die for that?

The rest of your point of view is based on hypotheticals. As if you can predict the outcome if he would have stopped.

If he wasn't a jogger what was he? And whatever it is you think he was did he deserve to die for that?

The rest of your point of view is based on hypotheticals. As if you can predict the outcome if he would have stopped.
I asked him how someone simulates jogging without, you know... Jogging.

I strangely haven't heard back on this.

He went for the gun because he expected to die if he didn't.
Was it reasonable to have that expectation?
And he went to attack a leaving police officer because ........

He was a black guy, who correctly thought that these guys were trying to detain him for trespassing.

After attempting to escape from the McMichaels and Bryan for 5 minutes, being repeatedly cut off and cornered, being struck by Bryan's truck, subjected to death threats from Greg McMichael and faced with Travis McMichael armed with a shotgun and moving to cut him off at close range, yes. It was reasonable for him to have that expectation.

I think it backfired--the dog whistle was perhaps too loud.
I think so too, everyone on a jury quietly thought - we can't even remotely acquit, we would be painted as fucking racists after these lawyers performance.

After attempting to escape from the McMichaels and Bryan for 5 minutes, being repeatedly cut off and cornered, being struck by Bryan's truck, subjected to death threats from Greg McMichael and faced with Travis McMichael armed with a shotgun and moving to cut him off at close range, yes. It was reasonable for him to have that expectation.
No, it was not.

He was a black guy, who correctly thought that these guys were trying to detain him for trespassing.

He probably knew damn well that he had committed no felony, and that it would required that they witnessed a felony for any attempt to detain him to be legal. The defendants did not even report witnessing a misdemeanor. When they called the cops and were asked what the problem was, they said the problem was a black man running down the street, not someone committing a crime.

I did not know it was legal to attack police folk, good to know.

You still don't know that. There was no attack on police.
By now you know there was no such attack, and my estimation of your integrity is dropping every time you repeat that lie without explaining how you came to believe it.
But if you ever visit the US, rest assured that it is not legal to attack police.
Doing so inevitably results in arrest, injury and/or death depending on the nature of the attack, the color of the perp and other factors.

No, it was not.
So convincing.
Why was it not reasonable, after attempting to escape from the McMichaels and Bryan for 5 minutes, being repeatedly cut off and cornered, being struck by Bryan's truck, subjected to death threats from Greg McMichael and faced with Travis McMichael armed with a shotgun and moving to cut him off at close range, for him to expect the same thing that has been visited upon hundreds of thousands of black Americans?
Stupidly repeating "no it's not" doesn't convince anyone - I suspect you can't even convince yourself that way.

He probably knew damn well that he had committed no felony, and that it would required that they witnessed a felony for any attempt to detain him to be legal.
Really? You honestly giving that much credit to Ahmaud Arbery?
You still don't know that. There was no attack on police.
Oh, I definitely know that, there was an attack on a police there.

You want me to believe that America today is a country where blacks are routinely hunted down and shot?

You have a lot to learn.

How do you "know" that? There was no attack on the police brought up at the trial. I think you are misstating, fabricating, being mendacious, deceitful and dissembling. You can't seem to provide any evidence of an attack.
Do you fancy yourself so possessed of credibility that anyone here takes your word for shit you just make up or pull out of TASS's ass?

You want me to believe that America today is a country where blacks are routinely hunted down and shot?

You have a lot to learn.

How do you "know" that? There was no attack on the police brought up at the trial. I think you are misstating, fabricating, being mendacious, deceitful and dissembling. You can't seem to provide any evidence of an attack.
Do you fancy yourself so possessed of credibility that anyone here takes your word for shit you just make up or pull out of TASS's ass?
You are projecting

What do you mean I made it up?
There is a video of Arbery pissing off police needlessly.

I apologize - you didn't "make it up" (exactly), you're just confused.
THAT WAS IN 2017
It has exactly NOTHING to do with his murder.
Maybe in Russia, an encounter with police is grounds for allowing civilians to murder people. In America - as you can see from those murder convictions - it's not.

Back
Top Bottom