• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bowling Green: Never Forget!

I wouldn't go so far as to say a "non existent" event. The gist of it is, two Iraqi "refugees" were caught doing terrorist activity.

She lied.

Misspoke. Easy done. She corrected it later.

No terrorist event took place.

A couple of Iraqi's tried to send money to Iraq to fund people fighting an occupying military that had invaded with no just cause.

Equivalent to people sending the French resistance money in WWII.

She lied.

"I bet it's brand new information to people that President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program...."

False. There was no ban.

"... after two Iraqis came here to this country,..."

There was no 6-month ban, before or after.

"... were radicalized,..."

One of them was a radical before he arrived in the US, so this is false, too.

"...and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre...."

There was no Bowling Green massacre. They were not masterminds behind any massacre. They were not masterminds behind a terrorist, or terrorists. This claim is false.

"... It didn't get covered."

True. The news outlets never reported on the ban that didn't happen as a result of a massacre that didn't happen. Guess the news media really dropped the ball on that one.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go so far as to say a "non existent" event.

Okay, so how many people were killed in the Bowling Green massacre?

Eh ? That's a daft question. She didn't mean to use the word "massacre". She "misspoke"and meant to say "terrorists" and she has corrected all that. Easy mistake to make.

"I bet it's brand new information to people that President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program...."

False. There was no ban.

"... after two Iraqis came here to this country,..."

There was no 6-month ban, so this is false too.

"... were radicalized,..."

One of them was a radical before he arrived in the US, so this is false, too.

"...and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre...."

There was no massacre. They were not masterminds behind a massacre. They were not masterminds behind a terrorist, or terrorists. This claim is false.

"... It didn't get covered."

True. The non-event these two weren't the masterminds of wasn't covered. Guess the news media really dropped the ball on that one.

Your taking it too literally fella. She "misspoke" and it's all sorted now.

Okay, so how many people were killed in the Bowling Green massacre?

Eh ? That's a daft question. She didn't mean to use the word "massacre". She "misspoke"and meant to say "terrorists" and she has corrected all that. Easy mistake to make.

She clearly meant to use the word massacre. She didn't make a mistake. You buy her correction because you're a sucker.

She clearly meant to use the word massacre. She didn't make a mistake. You buy her correction because you're a sucker.

Clearly ? I don't know. I think she genuinely misspoke and she has since cleared that up.

Clearly ? I don't know. I think she genuinely misspoke and she has since cleared that up.

If that's the case, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I'd like to sell you.

She genuinely spoke of a ban that didn't happen. She said it was in response to a massacre, but the massacre didn't happen, either. She then said she meant to say terrorist, but that was wrong too. Neither man was alleged to be a mastermind behind a terrorist.

She was telling the truth when she said the news media didn't report on the non-existent ban that was imposed in response to the non-existent massacre. And she was right that it was "brand new information" in the sense that crap she pulled out of her butt during that interview was "new". So at least she wasn't wrong about everything.

She genuinely spoke of a ban that didn't happen. She said it was in response to a massacre, but the massacre didn't happen, either. She then said she meant to say terrorist, but that was wrong too. Neither man was alleged to be a mastermind behind a terrorist.

She was telling the truth when she said the news media didn't report on the non-existent ban that was imposed in response to the non-existent massacre. And she was right that it was "brand new information" in the sense that crap she just pulled out of her butt is new. So at least she wasn't wrong about everything.

You need to put aside the word "massacre" for a minute, that was not intended. However, the ban was implemented although really it was just a slow down of visas being issued.

She was telling the truth when she said the news media didn't report on the non-existent ban that was imposed in response to the non-existent massacre. And she was right that it was "brand new information" in the sense that crap she just pulled out of her butt is new. So at least she wasn't wrong about everything.

You need to put aside the word "massacre" for a minute, that was not intended.

Actually, I think it was intended. I think she was attempting deflect criticism of the ban Trump ordered by saying Obama did the same thing after Muslim immigrants did something heinous here on American soil. She intended for the listeners to have an emotional response to the claim, not a thoughtful, rational one. Her mistake was in getting too specific with her 'alternate facts'. She said something easily disproven, so she tried to amend her statement with a substitute word. The new word doesn't fit, and the new claim is just as much bullshit as the original one.

However, the ban was implemented although really it was just a slow down of visas being issued.

If visas were still being issued, it wasn't a ban.

Conway's claim was bullshit. The only truthful part was that it was "brand new information" because she had just recently made it up.

Actually, I think it was intended. I think she was attempting deflect criticism of the ban Trump ordered by saying Obama did the same thing after Muslim immigrants did something heinous here on American soil. She intended for the listeners to have an emotional response to the claim, not a thoughtful, rational one. Her mistake was in getting too specific with her 'alternate facts'. She said something easily disproven, so she tried to amend her statement with a substitute word. The new word doesn't fit, and the new claim is just as much bullshit as the original one.

Dude, you are fixated on the word "massacre". It was a slip of the tongue and she has since cleared that up.

Again, you are fixated in the misuse of a word, "ban". She misspoke and has since cleared it up.

Dude, you are fixated on the word "massacre". It was a slip of the tongue and she has since cleared that up.

Again, you are fixated in the misuse of a word, "ban". She misspoke and has since cleared it up.

Oh, I get it! If she said something that wasn't true, she misspoke. And if I notice that what she said wasn't true, it means I'm fixated.

Kellyann Conway said:
"I bet it's brand-new information to people that President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized, and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre.

"Most people don’t know that because it didn’t get covered."

So it looks like she misspoke about everything except "it didn't get covered", and I'm fixated on "President Obama had a six-month ban", "two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized, and they were the masterminds", and "Bowling Green massacre".

Good to know.

Also, good to know Conway can pull 'alternate facts' straight out of her ass and present it as "brand new information", and some folks will accept it like a Revealed Truth.

ETA: mostly old information that did get covered: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...hecking-kellyanne-conways-bowling-green-mass/

Oh, I get it! If she said something that wasn't true, she misspoke. And if I notice that what she said wasn't true, it means I'm fixated.
Well, it's more a case that what she said wasn't accurate or precise. You have become fixated on one word that she didn't mean to use. She was obviously referring to the two Iraqi "terrorists" that we arrested and not a massacre.

Well, it's more a case that what she said wasn't accurate or precise.

Or true.

You have become fixated on one word that she didn't mean to use.

No, I'm looking at all the words. I'm looking at all the words, all the phrases, and all the meanings in the entire quote. And I disagree that she didn't mean to use the word massacre. I think she did mean to use it in order to provoke an emotional response in viewers who don't remember who committed which shootings in the US, and can't be bothered to look things up.

I saw Bill O'Reilly do the same thing once in an interview. He got away with bullshitting about the reasons we invaded Iraq by mentioning something obscure and pretending it was something it wasn't. People kinda sorta remembered something about what he was saying, and they took him at his word. Big mistake.

I think Kellyann Conway has taken a page from the same playbook. I think she was presenting 'alternate facts' and you bought into her narrative.

She was obviously referring to the two Iraqi "terrorists" that we arrested and not a massacre.

No, she was obviously referring to a ban that didn't happen after a terrorist attack that didn't happen. She was obviously doing it to justify a ban that did happen. And she had the gall to say this make-believe story was "brand new information" that most people didn't know because "it didn't get covered".

I'm tempted to ask "who does she think she's fooling?" but that answer is also obvious. She's fooling you.

She corrected herself for saying it was a ban?

Quite. But that's your fixation. You're fixated on one slip of the tongue.

No, I'm looking at all the words. I'm looking at all the words, all the phrases, and all the meanings in the entire quote. And I disagree that she didn't mean to use the word massacre. I think she did mean to use it in order to provoke an emotional response in viewers who don't remember who committed which shootings in the US, and can't be bothered to look things up.

Maybe so. It's your opinion.

No, she was obviously referring to a ban that didn't happen after a terrorist attack that didn't happen.
Again, this is your opinion.

Quite. But that's your fixation. You're fixated on one slip of the tongue.

I count three, but the second one might just be misremembering that the two men were already radicals before they got here. The other two, though, are plainly false.

Maybe so. It's your opinion.

No, she was obviously referring to a ban that didn't happen after a terrorist attack that didn't happen.
Again, this is your opinion.

You don't think she was referring to a ban that didn't happen after a terrorist attack that didn't happen? Well then, what was she referring to when she said "I bet it's brand-new information to people that President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized, and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre"?

Back
Top Bottom