• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bowling Green: Never Forget!

Can you provide an example of another "error" made by anyone, ever, that involved the fabrication of an entire tragic event that never happened, complete with the identities of the perpetrators and the reprisals that resulted from their heinous act?
But she didn't invent the perpetrators. Those were real Iraqi fakefugees who were convicted of terrorism and are serving life and 40 years respectively.

Quite. But that's your fixation. You're fixated on one slip of the tongue.

I'd counter that you're fixated on calling it a slip of the tongue, because that's what you've chosen to believe it was.

You've gotten it into your head that she couldn't possibly have lied. Why? Because she told you she didn't. You'll buy anything Conway is selling now.

Nonsense. One last and final time. She "misspoke". It happens. Now that she has clarified what she meant, it's obvious what incident she was clutching at and got a little tongue tied and used the wrong phrasing and was a little bit off on accurately describing Obama's visa "ban".

I'm moving on now. Feel free to have the last word.

You should try reading those articles you linked.
I did. I assume you did too, but did you also understand what you read?

So they got in through a hole in the net that has already been corrected, with the feds keeping tabs on them since they arrived. The article also points out that in light of this hole, most of these refugees have undergone a second vetting just in case.
They closed one hole. But what about those who did not happen to plant IEDs themselves but are nevertheless extremists? What about those who may have planted IEDs but did not leave their fingerprints on any unexplored ones? How many Iraqi "refugees" living in US now belong to those categories?

The fact that the vetting process let two bomb-planting insurgents in as "refugees" shows how inadequate the vetting process is.

At no point was America threatened by unknown Islamic terrorist sympathizers.
That is a big load of bullshit. Islamic terrorists have committed numerous terrorist attacks in the US since 9/11. How many more Islamic terrorist sympathizers are going to graduate to becoming Islamic terrorists in the future? Who is going to be the next Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab or Nadil Hassan or Tsarnayev brothers or Ahmad Khan Rahami or Omar Mateen or Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik?

It IS obvious, but they are not that concerned about it backfiring. Trump repeatedly lies, contradicts himself, and when called on it just says "I didn't say that" even though he is on tape saying what he just denied. Like how they claimed it isn't a Muslim ban, even though that is what he ran on, and what Gulliani called it when he bragged about writing it.

The ban is also being practised by Kuwait on 5 of the countries. Given that most of the persons in those countries are Muslim it's pretty hard to miss them.
The UAE also support this.
People can easily say wrong things and that seems the most likely, regardless of what others may or may not have said.

And completely changing the subject, ignoring what I posted altogether.

Can you provide an example of another "error" made by anyone, ever, that involved the fabrication of an entire tragic event that never happened, complete with the identities of the perpetrators and the reprisals that resulted from their heinous act?
But she didn't invent the perpetrators.

A shred of fact is always required for an effective lie - as Hitler I believe, noted. Con-way didn't invent the actors, she just invented their actions.

Those were real Iraqi fakefugees

Per reports they were real refugees who were subsequently radicalized on American soil. Try not to embellish your lies with more lies, WP.

... were convicted of terrorism and are serving life and 40 years respectively.

Right. They're in prison. The system worked. What is your panic about? Boogeymen under your bed again?

A shred of fact is always required for an effective lie - as Hitler I believe, noted. Con-way didn't invent the actors, she just invented their actions.
She misspoke about the actions, more likely.

Per reports they were real refugees who were subsequently radicalized on American soil. Try not to embellish your lies with more lies, WP.
Nope. In Iraq the two were busy planting IEDs and targeting US soldiers. They were already radicalized when they fraudulently claimed refugee status.
But I will not accuse you of lying on this. Most likely you are just mistaken. Just like Conway was. :)

Right. They're in prison. The system worked.
Eventually. They should never have been let in in the first place though.

I think she knows that Trump's base will back her no matter what bullshit she spouts. And she flaunts it.

I don't give her that much. She is lying because she is not particularly smart. She's been allowed to make up shit all her life and until now nobody cared enough to call her on it.

She misspoke about the actions, more likely.

Right. Like Cheato "misspoke" when he said he'd release his taxes once they weren't under audit. :hysterical:

Nope. In Iraq the two were busy planting IEDs and targeting US soldiers. They were already radicalized when they fraudulently claimed refugee status.

I read something to the contrary, but I can't verity it. Can you verify what you posted?

But I will not accuse you of lying on this. Most likely you are just mistaken.

If what you say is the case then I am indeed mistaken.

Just like Conway was. :)

Oh yeah, right. I presented a whole story based on an entirely invented occurrence... just like Kelly Cuntway. And embellished it with more alt-facts "Obama banned refugees", just like the liar for hire.

In your dreams, Derec.

Right. They're in prison. The system worked.
Eventually. They should never have been let in in the first place though.

Why so butt-hurt Derec? Because nobody got hurt except your phantom boogeyman?
Obama had a system that prevented that terrorist attack, along with every other plot by refugees, resulting in ZERO deaths in America at the hands of refugees during his entire tenure. More people died from falling out of bed. That seems to really piss you off. Sorry, boy. You will just have to learn to deal with it.

I think she knows that Trump's base will back her no matter what bullshit she spouts. And she flaunts it.

I don't give her that much. She is lying because she is not particularly smart. She's been allowed to make up shit all her life and until now nobody cared enough to call her on it.

I don't mean to suggest it was a carefully designed lie; it probably wasn't.

But I think she's smart enough to know that most people won't check the claim, and the base will defend her anyway. In that sense, being called out on it strengthens her. And I'm sure she knows that.

I'd counter that you're fixated on calling it a slip of the tongue, because that's what you've chosen to believe it was.

You've gotten it into your head that she couldn't possibly have lied. Why? Because she told you she didn't. You'll buy anything Conway is selling now.

Nonsense. One last and final time. She "misspoke". It happens. Now that she has clarified what she meant, it's obvious what incident she was clutching at and got a little tongue tied and used the wrong phrasing and was a little bit off on accurately describing Obama's visa "ban".

I'm moving on now. Feel free to have the last word.

I feel like I just got the last word from Conway herself. Can't wait for the next time you trot out the administration's talking points and pretend they're your own.

The ban is also being practised by Kuwait on 5 of the countries. Given that most of the persons in those countries are Muslim it's pretty hard to miss them.
The UAE also support this.
People can easily say wrong things and that seems the most likely, regardless of what others may or may not have said.

And completely changing the subject, ignoring what I posted altogether.

So someone says Guillian bragged about it. Is that it?
It's a ban from those areas whichare reported to present a high risk. Earlier I mentioned what I though the flaws were. I will try and dig this out. The Muslim populations are in the over 95% band as follows
Sudan is 97% Libya is 97%, Syria,97% Yemen 98% Somalia 98%+ Iran 99%, Iraq 96%

The ban was enacting a law passed ion Congress in 2015 which Trump expanded this plus added Libya, Somalia and Yemen.

So you should also take issue with the previous administration that started this process.

- - - Updated - - -

If she did lie how would she have benefited?

It's a ban from those areas whichare reported to present a high risk.

Based on whether or not Cheato has investments there.
Count the countries from which terrorist came to the US and wrought havoc, WP.

OH NOooooes!! They're ALL countries that Cheato left off his list, where he has investments!

I think your new name should be WC. :)

If she did lie how would she have benefited?
By supporting the administration's claim that we need to stop immigration from these countries.

The Obama administration started the ball rolling
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38798588

In December 2015 Congress passed a law - created by senators from both parties, and supported and signed by the White House - that removed waiver benefits for foreign nationals who had visited certain countries since March 2011. The countries were identified as having a terrorist organisation with a significant presence in the area, or the country was deemed a "safe haven" for terrorists.

After Libya, Somalia and Yemen were added to the list in February 2016, the "countries of concern" were the seven named in Mr Trump's order.
According to the restrictions, citizens who had been eligible for the waiver programme and had visited one of those seven countries in the time period were forced to apply for a visa.

Trump expanded this and tried to prevent those with visas from entering.

I still contend she didnt outright lie, her instincts are to use words that instill the most fear in Americans, and she over-reached.

She exposed her agenda with the slip

The question Trump supporters should be asking themselves should be, "Why is my govt peddling fear, when the evidence doesnt support it, and where have we seen this in the past?"

The question Trump supporters should be asking themselves should be, "Why is my govt peddling fear, when the evidence doesnt support it, and where have we seen this in the past?"

Im not a Trump supporter. What fear is the government peddling exactly ? The only fear being peddled is by the hysterical loons that are on the streets protesting about nothing that has actually happened.

Im not a Trump supporter. What fear is the government peddling exactly ? The only fear being peddled is by the hysterical loons that are on the streets protesting about nothing that has actually happened.
You mean that the government is not peddling fear of Islamic terrorism?

Back
Top Bottom