• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Breakdown In Civil Order

Like the LA train robberies?

Pro-Crime policies beget more crime.
Yup - the election of a Trump criminal to the position of POTUS did begat more crime. What is fascinating is that master criminal's supporters then get upset by more crime.

Really is true. The Left GOP and its dupes just can’t live without Trump.
FIFY

You’re the one who brought him up. You can’t defend the lefty pro-crime policies, so you pivot to TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP.
No, I am simply pointing out that people like you are pro-crime as long as it fits your ideology. It is a blatant double standard.

Cool. Could you cite the post where I was ever pro-crime?

No, I am simply pointing out that people like you are pro-crime as long as it fits your ideology. It is a blatant double standard.

Cool. Could you cite the post where I was ever pro-crime?
Any Pro-Trump post is pro-crime. Any post minimizing the seditious or violence of the Capitol attackers is pro-crime.

As to not prosecuting small crimes, without some alternative, that's a bad idea.

They should handle small crimes the way that they do traffic offenses. When I mean small crimes, I mean petty theft, fare-beating, and the like.

While I disagree with Trausti damn there 100% of the time, I don't appreciate how some members are questioning Trausti's character rather than views. With that said

Those are not "pro-crime policies". Those are "unwillingness to do one's job" policies. Like charge them with trespassing and unlawful entry.

Seems like those cops want to provoke people to support policies that they like.

Wut? The “unwillingness to do one’s job” is by the prosecutor. That is a choice by the prosecutor. Cops have no bearing on whether a criminal is quickly released again to reoffend without consequence.

Cops may have no bearing on whether a criminal is quickly released again but they do have bearing on who they bring in to get sentenced or released. What the (correction) Twitter feeds are saying is some officers are declining to do their job stating that there is no point if the perps are let go. Do you believe the officers should or should not be doing that?

Last edited:
Is it really "more" of a problem? To me it seems LESS a problem..

So you just make up numbers in order to keep pretending that Garcon, Boudin, Bragg et al.'s policies to not prosecute many crimes and downgrade others (e.g. armed robbery gets downgraded to "petit larceny") are not fueling crime.

They should handle small crimes the way that they do traffic offenses. When I mean small crimes, I mean petty theft, fare-beating, and the like.

First offense fare beating should be a fine.
Under Bragg in Manhattan though robbing a store off $2,000 in merchandise with a knife is now classified as "petit larceny", contrary to NY law. Insanity!

By the way, even legitimate petty thefts need to be treated more seriously when it's a repeat offense.
Petty with a prior!

Last edited:
The last time the Capitol was attacked by a group (much smaller) was 1954 (Attacks on and at the Capitol).

Wrong. There was a bombing in 1983 by the  May 19th Communist Organization, a mostly female offshoot of Weather Underground.
Bill Clinton commuted their sentences.

In the 1980s, a Far-Left, Female-Led Domestic Terrorism Group Bombed the U.S. Capitol
Thank you for the correction. I was sloppy - by "attacked by a group" I meant more than one person who physically participated in the attack.

Those are not "pro-crime policies". Those are "unwillingness to do one's job" policies. Like charge them with trespassing and unlawful entry.
Seems like those cops want to provoke people to support policies that they like.

The criminal justice system cannot work when the second half of the equation deliberately derelicts its duty for political gain.
It leads to all parts of it suffering, including policing; if for no other reason by demoralizing rank and file who arrest the perps over and over again just to see them released over and over again.

You should feel safe. You don't because every terrible incident that occurs in the US is instantly available for all to read. Crime is down. It has been going down since the early 1990s. Is it because of legalized abortion or unleaded gas? No one knows for sure. But it is down. Way down over the last thirty years. It is no more prevalent in the US than other wealthy nations until... you get... to the part... about... guns. Yep. Guns. That's where we outshine all others. And even these are not due to crimes with guns. The guns come in during social exchanges, arguments, etc. So we just end up with more people in the morgue. By gun toting Prius owners and the like.
Everyone thinks crime is up in the United States. Well, Republicans do anyways. But you ask about their own personal experiences and it's another story. Me thinks crime is up on Fox News and similar internet sites. But that's just a theory. People who suffer more crime are young and poor. There is no difference by race or gender (whatever that means). A little gender humor.
I know folks in Indiana worry to death about illegals coming across in Texas and folks in Georgia are just worried sick about crime in Los Angeles. But I'll tell you a secret, if you change the websites you visit, then it's just you in your community where nothing ever happens.

A
But I'll tell you a secret, if you change the websites you visit, then it's just you in your community where nothing ever happens.

Sorry to say but none of that changes with the crap that is allowed to go on in Los Angeles. The "homeless" encampments and the crime and filth that emanates from these encampments are tolerated by city council. I can't go out for a walk round the block without some out their head junkie screaming at me from across the street. Bus stops in the area can't be used because some junkie has made it their home. Businesses lose out because customers are afraid of the junkies camped out on the sidewalk and avoid the area. Echo park was a no go area up until recently thanks to the homeless encampment that was allowed to flourish. A homeless man stabbed a young girl to death in a furniture which which is in a reasonably nice area. Large parts of Los Angeles is a shithole right now

You should feel safe. You don't because every terrible incident that occurs in the US is instantly available for all to read. Crime is down. It has been going down since the early 1990s. Is it because of legalized abortion or unleaded gas? No one knows for sure. But it is down. Way down over the last thirty years. It is no more prevalent in the US than other wealthy nations until... you get... to the part... about... guns. Yep. Guns. That's where we outshine all others. And even these are not due to crimes with guns. The guns come in during social exchanges, arguments, etc. So we just end up with more people in the morgue. By gun toting Prius owners and the like.
Everyone thinks crime is up in the United States. Well, Republicans do anyways. But you ask about their own personal experiences and it's another story. Me thinks crime is up on Fox News and similar internet sites. But that's just a theory. People who suffer more crime are young and poor. There is no difference by race or gender (whatever that means). A little gender humor.
I know folks in Indiana worry to death about illegals coming across in Texas and folks in Georgia are just worried sick about crime in Los Angeles. But I'll tell you a secret, if you change the websites you visit, then it's just you in your community where nothing ever happens.
IKR? To be fair a lot of stuff happens in my community because I live in a Very Affordable Area, and with such affordability comes !!FUN!!, which is sometimes on !!FIRE!!

Even so, it's not really gotten better or worse except in direct response to the movement of traffic, or not, through the area.

If the city and state wanted crime down in our area, they would move the highway exits on 94 to be adjacent to Webber, Broadway, and Lowry, not Dowling and that stupid one on Lyndale, and get on legalizing recreational weed.

Large parts of Los Angeles is a shithole right now.

Was that true when Jackie Lacey was in charge?

Yes but Lacey isn't responsible for cleaning up the homeless. That's down to city council mostly, people like Mike Bonin, who is the subject of a recall effort.

Do voters there have regrets?

Hard to tell but there is a recall in the works for Gascon. I certainly didn't vote for Gascon.

Back
Top Bottom