• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

California May Have a Random Celebrity Republican as Governor Soon

That makes it well worth repeating by our "I'm not a Trumpsucker"s.

Oh? You found yourself an "anti-police, pro-left-wing-terrorism extremist"?
I'll see your anti-police, pro-left-wing-terrorism extremist and raise you a mob of 8000 cop-killing, capitol building trashing, violence-bent right wing anti-democracy fascists under the command of the guy Larry wanted to remain President.

Wow. The unarmed J6 crowd didn’t kill any cops. Amazing the tenacity of a narrative lie.

So, you are saying that despite their efforts they were underachievers in this as well as in stopping the count?

Cool. Can’t admit you were wrong so change the subject.

So, you are saying that despite their efforts they were underachievers in this as well as in stopping the count?

Cool. Can’t admit you were wrong so change the subject.

*I* didn't say they were a cop-killing mob, so no admission needed on my part. Take that up with Elixir.

I, actually, am quite surprised at the restraint on both sides. I guess the rioters thought that they might lose in a firefight, or at least would cause panic that would disrupt the mob's progress into the Capitol. I don't know. And the cops usually seem to be willing to shoot when they fear for their lives -- like some of them said they did -- at least out on the street when they out number their opponents.

Drudge Report, my go to website for the Trumpish version of news, has all but called the election for Newsom.

All the top stories are explanations for why Newsom is so far ahead.

538 is also giving Newsom about 60% of the vote.

Tom

The call for release of DOCTOR Mutulu Shakur
Jeral Wayne Williams (aka "Mutulu Shakur") is NOT a doctor, medical or otherwise. He used to be a "licensed acupuncturist", but that is not the same thing.
And even if he was, what bearing would a doctorate have on his crimes?

is due to his having bone cancer. It's called "compassionate release"
That is the tactic Williams' supporters are using to get him out, but it is not the reason why Abdullah is supporting him. She is supporting him because of his activities with BLA, a black Marxist terrorist organization. That's why she is also supporting the release of another BLA terrorist, Clark Edward Squire (aka "Sundiata Acoli") and has praised Joanne Chesimard (aka "Assata Shakur") who has been a fugitive from justice for decades. These two murdered a New Jersey state trooper in 1973. Williams, among other things, orchestrated a robbery of an armored money transport in which two police officers and a guard were murdered. He also helped Chesimard escape from prison and evade justice (she is currently being harbored by the communist regime in Cuba).

for someone who is not supposed to get a life sentence, but will likely die in prison anyway due to an illness.
He got 60 years, so barring parole, he is supposed to get out in 2046, when he would be 96 year old. I do not think the judge thought Williams would likely leave prison alive when he sentenced him to six decades in the slammer. In any case, behind bars is where this piece of shit belongs.

What's "rubbish" about that?
Pretty much everything. She is supporting terrorist scum just because they are black and left-wing. Melina Abdullah (that last name btw means "Slave of Allah") herself is a Marxist, so that's a good fit with Black Panther/BLA ideology.

Vote like rationality demands it!
So against Gavin "French Laundry" Newsom.

Right, Derec. Vote to install another Trumpsucking wackadoodle.

Polls close in a few minutes… yawn. The election was over days ago. There was massive fraud and Newsome was retained. Too bad for our freedumz.
Democrats can never win without massive fraud.

Vote like rationality demands it!
So against Gavin "French Laundry" Newsom.

Larry Elder being Governor sounds rational to you?

So? Are you denying Melina Abdullah spoke at Newsom's rally or that she is a Marxist who supports BLA terrorists?

I've gotta admit, I'm kinda impressed with your ability to always inject a black person we should all be outraged against in any discussion. From an objective viewpoint, that involves a lot of talent. Not entirely productive, but hey credit where it's due Derec.

Right, Derec. Vote to install another Trumpsucking wackadoodle.
Elder is only one of a myriad of candidates. Dems had a chance to vote "yes" on removing Newsom and then vote for somebody other than Elder for his replacement.

1629183600_ballot.jpg

Larry Elder being Governor sounds rational to you?
There are a lot of names on that ballot. Elder is not the only one.
Dems had a chance to rally behind somebody competent in case Newsom was recalled. The only reason Elder could come within a sniff of leading the polls is because Dems failed to do that.

I've gotta admit, I'm kinda impressed with your ability to always inject a black person we should all be outraged against in any discussion.
Abdullah is blackish at most.
But why does race matter to you? It doesn't matter to me what the race of Abdullah or Elder or Newsom are. It is extremely important to identitarians like you I assume.
What matters is her support for BLA terrorists. Had an activist with a history of supporting KKK murderers spoken at an Elder rally, that would have been just as newsworthy and just as worthy of condemnation. Just because Abdullah identifies as black should not give her a pass.

From an objective viewpoint, that involves a lot of talent. Not entirely productive, but hey credit where it's due Derec.
Not really. The extremes of the political spectrum in the US attract certain demographics especially strongly. The left has their nutcases, and they are often black, just like the nutcases on the right are often white Evangelicals. Finding a left-wing nutjob who identifies as black is as easy and unremarkable as finding a right wing nutjob who identifies as Evangelical Christian.

That makes it well worth repeating by our "I'm not a Trumpsucker"s.

Well, given that I voted for Trump exactly zero times ...

Oh? You found yourself an "anti-police, pro-left-wing-terrorism extremist"?
Yes.

Oh spare me the endless harping on January 6th!

You are ignoring that the #BLM/Antifa riots of 2020/21 lasted a lot longer (months rather than one day), targeted many cities, involved a lot more rioters, occupied territory for weeks in some cases (example the so-called "Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone" in Seattle) burned down/destroyed/vandalized many buildings, and killed a lot of people, including police officers and an 8 year old girl in Atlanta. There is no comparison with the relative nothingburger that was January 6th. Note that as far as I know, no police officer was deliberately killed, although one did suffer a fatal stroke. There was a later attack on the US Capitol in April by Nation of Islam terrorist Noah Green where a police officer actually was murdered.

Let's get back to the cop killers Melina Abdullah supports. Williams, Squire and Chesimard murdered three police officers and a security guard between them and other BLA terrorist murdered many more. But that's ok, because they were left-wing and black. Just like #BLM violence is ok, because they are left-wing and black. Just like how Senate bombing in 1983 was ok because the perps were left-wing and female. Only January 6th matters, ever. No matter how many people left-wing extremists kill or how many buildings they vandalize, burn down or bomb. Right, Elixir?

under the command of the guy Larry wanted to remain President.

As far as I know, Elder did not have anybody speak on his behalf who supported 1/6 riots. But French Laundry Boy has an extremist activist who supports BLA terrorists speak on his behalf.

LOL - you think this person is a Newsome surrogate?
How would you describe her?
You can tell a lot about a poster from the sources they use.
Again, are you claiming anything written in that article is factually false and can you back it up?

Fox News is certainly more reliable than some of the other sources posted regularly on here like Mother Jones, Truthout, Intercept or Daily Kos.

From California Recall Election: Live Updates | FiveThirtyEight
The final poll result on removing Gov. Gavin Newsom: No 57.3% Yes 41.5%

The actual vote, as I write this: No 68% Yes 32% with 60% of expected vote reporting

That means that GN will only be recalled is if the No vote is less than 29% in the remaining votes, and that does not seem likely to happen.

Of the replacements for GN, Larry Elder got 42% of the votes, Kevin Paffrath 11%, Kevin Faulconer 10%, and the others 6%, 5%, some 3%, some 1%, and lots of 0% (rounded). Among the 1% is Caitlyn Jenner.

Nathaniel Rakich of 538.com:
With 58 percent of the estimated vote reporting statewide, the recall is currently failing 67 percent to 33 percent. Some (mostly red) counties have yet to report any votes, and of course the election day vote will skew more conservative, but that is a big, big deficit for recall supporters to overcome.

Now at No 67%, Yes 33%, at 64% of the estimated vote. That means No 22% 78% in the remaining ballots to remove GN. To reach the polling, the remaining votes would have to be No 46% Yes 54%. The latest poll numbers are No 58.0%, Yes 42.0% after leaving out don't know, no opinion, undecided.

Larry Elder is now at 43% of the replacement-candidate ballots.

Ever since it became evident that GN's replacement would be LE if GN was replaced, GN's expected vote fraction soared. LE's kookiness may have endeared him to the Republican Party base because they would consider it a willingness to be Politically Incorrect, but it turned off a heck of a lot of other people.

Gavin Newsom hobnobbing with anti-police, pro-left-wing-terrorism extremist.

Newsom rally speaker has repeatedly called for convicted cop killers to be released from prison

A California professor campaigning for Gov. Gavin Newsom has repeatedly called for the release of two convicted cop killers and has praised a third, calling her a "freedom fighter" and saying she is "grateful" for her contributions toward achieving freedom.

Melina Abdullah, a professor at California State University, Los Angeles, was a speaker at an African American Voter Registration and Education Project event Monday in support of Newsom, where she attacked Larry Elder, a leading Black Republican gubernatorial candidate, as a "Black face on White supremacy." Newsom was reported to be in attendance at the event.

Abdullah, a co-founder of the Black Lives Matter chapter in Los Angeles and an "original member" of the national BLM leadership team, has a controversial history of defending convicted cop killers and calling for police departments to be abolished. A Fox News review of Abdullah's social media accounts found that she wants Mutulu Shakur and Sundiata Acoli released from prison, despite their involvement in two separate events that resulted in the murder of a New Jersey state trooper and the slayings of an armed guard and two police officers.

Newsom did not disavow her views. He is rubbish.

The call for release of DOCTOR Mutulu Shakur is due to his having bone cancer. It's called "compassionate release" for someone who is not supposed to get a life sentence, but will likely die in prison anyway due to an illness.
What's "rubbish" about that?
And Sundiata Acoli is an 84 year-old man who has been incarcerated for 48 years, during most of which term he was eligible for parole. By now his body has been ravaged by Covid-19, a disease which many prisons have allowed to saturate their inmate population.

Derec's post was already a derail and we won't relitigate the 1974 trial where an all-white jury convicted Acoli. But there was much controversy about why Acoli was pulled over for a broken tail-light and allegations that police were deliberately targeting known activists.

So 2 to 1 against recall. Makes one think that there was absolutely no need for a recall. Or if the GOP Is going to pull a coup, they actually need a replacement.

So 2 to 1 against recall. Makes one think that there was absolutely no need for a recall. Or if the GOP Is going to pull a coup, they actually need a replacement.

And the best guess I heard pegged the cost at over a quarter billion dollars. Where's the conservative fiscal sanity gone, anyway?
Tom

And the best guess I heard pegged the cost at over a quarter billion dollars. Where's the conservative fiscal sanity gone, anyway?
Tom

It was a Republican Recall, something that Newsom made clear and that gained traction. The slogan, "Vote No and Go," which meant just say no and don't bother to vote a candidate was so simple and effective that it will be interesting to see what percentage of the voting population Elder actually can claim. It will be a pittance.

Back
Top Bottom