• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Can we talk about how awful of a politician Trump is for a while?

I personally wouldn't be surprised if Trump gets a second term. I've stopped underestimating the ability of the Democrats to fuck things up.
It wasn't the Democrats. You don't win by 3 million votes and get to say you "fucked up". Yes, they underestimated his appeal in WI, MI, and PA... but everyone did. And here is the weird shit... he won those three states by a total of 100,000 votes... yet lost Virginia handily and New Hampshire. The outcome of the election was unusual.

Then again, I also wouldn't be surprised if Trump gives a press conference tomorrow to announce that he's quitting the Presidency because of the failures of everyone who's not him.

I've stopped assuming that Americans make sense or operate in a logical manner.
No logic, indeed. A guy like Trump doesn't get elected because of a respectable electorate.

I'll take your bet... unless "second term" includes his upcoming prison term... :)
A second term as president. I've gotten a lot more riskier with each consecutive prediction over the years, so it is not that surprising to come up "snake eyes" eventually.

trump will f0-=k himself at some point before 2020.He will not pull it out,he does not see reality.He is insane! Sorry,but, only a moron would still support him at this time.

It wasn't the Democrats. You don't win by 3 million votes and get to say you "fucked up".

If you think you won because you got more total votes then you don't understand the rules of the game. It's important to understand the rules and play to win the real game. The Democrats didn't do that and they suffered for it. We'll all suffer for it. As you point out, they only needed a handful of votes in three states. How hard did they try in those states? Who cares how many more Californians voted for Hillary? It doesn't matter.

It wasn't the Democrats. You don't win by 3 million votes and get to say you "fucked up".

If you think you won because you got more total votes then you don't understand the rules of the game. It's important to understand the rules and play to win the real game. The Democrats didn't do that and they suffered for it. We'll all suffer for it. As you point out, they only needed a handful of votes in three states. How hard did they try in those states? Who cares how many more Californians voted for Hillary? It doesn't matter.
Agreed, except it does matter about how and where you got your votes, to properly show your current standing and what must be done a lot better next time.

Agreed, except it does matter about how and where you got your votes, to properly show your current standing and what must be done a lot better next time.

Fair enough about the next time, but harping on about winning the popular vote is plain silly; that's now how the election is won and everybody knows that. The United States is not a democracy. It's not even a representative democracy. It's a federation of states, and as such it is critical to win the states not the people.

- - - Updated - - -

If he tweeted it, it's no longer classified, right?

It wasn't the Democrats. You don't win by 3 million votes and get to say you "fucked up". Yes, they underestimated his appeal in WI, MI, and PA... but everyone did. And here is the weird shit... he won those three states by a total of 100,000 votes... yet lost Virginia handily and New Hampshire. The outcome of the election was unusual.

Then again, I also wouldn't be surprised if Trump gives a press conference tomorrow to announce that he's quitting the Presidency because of the failures of everyone who's not him.

I've stopped assuming that Americans make sense or operate in a logical manner.
No logic, indeed. A guy like Trump doesn't get elected because of a respectable electorate.

Regarding Virginia, that is the effect of the ever growing demographic power of "Northern" Virginia - essentially the suburbs around DC. This is a highly affluent and highly educated region of the United States. The politics is "centrist", so they voted for Obama happily, but Trump was a huge turn-off. Also, Trump pissed off big conservative constituencies in the region, i.e. the intelligence community, the FBI, the Republican side of the "beltway establishment" etc.

More than anything, though, it comes down to culture. Trump rallied Middle America by railing against the "Coastal Elites" - Northern Virginia is the nexus of "Coastal Elites".

Fair enough about the next time, but harping on about winning the popular vote is plain silly; that's now how the election is won and everybody knows that. The United States is not a democracy. It's not even a representative democracy. It's a federation of states, and as such it is critical to win the states not the people.
Yes, I agree.

More than anything, though, it comes down to culture. Trump rallied Middle America by railing against the "Coastal Elites" - Northern Virginia is the nexus of "Coastal Elites".
Ah, except Trump is one of the so-called Coastal Elite. He understood and soundly attacked the inflammatory remark of "New York values."

Ah, except Trump is one of the so-called Coastal Elite. He understood and soundly attacked the inflammatory remark of "New York values."

Yes, of course, but that's beside the point.

Well... in fairness, if the slur had been "New York Mob mentality" it would have been more accurate, and probably more effective.

I think it matters, because since he is from the left coast, but running as a Republican, he needed to build up his base with them, by looking like his is against what he really is. Obviously, he wants to win, and he'll say and do just about anything in order for that to happen.

Back
Top Bottom