• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

China Prepares for War - Our Response?

The mighty Russian army turned out to be not so mighty. Perhaps the same for the Chinese PLA.
Well. Russia is beating the shit out NATO trained and equipped army. I would say they are doing OK.
Have they managed to capture Kiev yet? Or even Bakhmut?
Amigo. I wouldn't want us to offend my peace loving friend Barbos. The correct spelling of the capital of Ukraine is Kyiv.

I thought SLD might have got bitten by a Russian and turned.
Funny! The west is mostly united against the Russian imperialism. But there are some who are turning. Slovika. Hungary. Trumpists in the US. I’m confident that this will be contained or else we’ll be at war with Russia for a generation.

The mighty Russian army turned out to be not so mighty. Perhaps the same for the Chinese PLA.
Well. Russia is beating the shit out NATO trained and equipped army. I would say they are doing OK.
Have they managed to capture Kiev yet? Or even Bakhmut?
Amigo. I wouldn't want us to offend my peace loving friend Barbos. The correct spelling of the capital of Ukraine is Kyiv.

I thought SLD might have got bitten by a Russian and turned.
Funny! The west is mostly united against the Russian imperialism. But there are some who are turning. Slovika. Hungary. Trumpists in the US. I’m confident that this will be contained or else we’ll be at war with Russia for a generation.

I haven’t checked recently but I think Slovakia still needs to form a coalition government. It’s a matter of which way the moderates go.

Barbos

If anybody has a right to Taiwan it is the decedents of the indigenous population.

A cursory review of history says the post war status of Taiwan was undecided at best. Historically China appears to have had control of Taiwan for a period, but ti was never part of China.

If China wants to enhance its global image and influence it would work out a compromise with Taiwan.

The population of Taiwan is about 24 million people. It would not be like occupying unarmed Tibet, controlling Hong Kong, or how they deal with the Uyghurs. It would be bloody.

If anybody has a right to Taiwan it is the decedents of the indigenous population.
Great, now, pack up and move to Europe, all 300 million of you.
And while you are at it. Take Kosovo albanians with you. Yes. serbs are the most indigenous population of Kosovo.

If China wants to enhance its global image and influence it would work out a compromise with Taiwan.
Are you fucking kidding me? They had compromise. That until your cunts decided that Taiwan should have de-jure independence and installed the current insane regime there which is soon to be democratically kicked out.

Last edited:
I haven’t checked recently but I think Slovakia still needs to form a coalition government. It’s a matter of which way the moderates go.
That's too bad. Because if you had, you would know that one of the other parties is essentially the same as Fico party.
And the third one is explicitly pro-russia party, literally. So yeah, they will have a majority. And previous puppet regime will get nothing.
So Orban will have someone to talk to in EU :)

Taiwan is an excuse to put pressure on China, nothing more.
The problem is, China is too strong now. You are too late. And you made a mistake thinking that China will become your new Japan once you let them assemble I-phones.
China will not be your new Japan.

Simply put. The Problem is US not willing to accept the reality that China is overtaking them eventually.

I myself consider myself culturally american and prefer democracy and shit, even crappy like US has.
I mean I still have tiny hope for it. But what you people do is stupid.
First, you made an enemy from Russia and moved us closer to China. And now you plan WW3 with China.
That's stupid. I know why you did that though. You thought you could pull it off. But you had no chance, Nuland is simply crazy.

Russia is too big for your democratic shenanigans to work. Your shenanigans may work in small Eastern Europe countries or even large Western Europe countries (Germany) but not in Russia, certainly not at this time.

Last edited:
Simply put. The Problem is US not willing to accept the reality that China is overtaking them eventually.
YYup. And that's the same problem they had with Japan a while back. :)

Taiwan would not be an unarmed defenseless Hong Kong population. They will fight, like Ukraine.

If China invaded or bombed Taiwan the world would see via a free press the devastation and causalities. Dead children.

China would never recover politically.
Yeah, while China is nowhere near the kleptocracy that Russia is the PLA is mostly self-governing and it's a society without meaningful whistleblowers. Major corruption is basically inevitable.
I have not read much on it, but believe the Iranian Republican Guard is independent and has its own businesses.

In the 80s the Chinese leaders went after corruption. Military leaders leading lavish lifestyles.

I remember a report of a guy whose lifestyle was curtailed and he drove off a cliff with his three mistresses he could no longer afford.
My understanding was that it was one of the mistresses who was being let go that grabbed the wheel and crashed the car.

The population of Taiwan is about 24 million people. It would not be like occupying unarmed Tibet, controlling Hong Kong, or how they deal with the Uyghurs. It would be bloody.
And note what has happened with Ukraine.

Mostly the world looks on and doesn't do much about the dictators because there's no clear good path--it's bad guys vs bad guys.

However, Ukraine changed that pattern. We have a clear good and bad and we have a regime where we can trust that the weapons will pretty much end up used as intended--and look at what the world has offered up.

Taiwan would be harder to deliver weapons to but the same forces would be at work--even if China could somehow take Taiwan it would bleed them very badly. Against modern weapons even taking it would be very hard--landing ships are awfully exposed. Even in WWII it was a truly massive effort to make an opposed landing in Europe--and these days the defender has a far greater advantage.

Are you fucking kidding me? They had compromise. That until your cunts decided that Taiwan should have de-jure independence and installed the current insane regime there which is soon to be democratically kicked out.
You have it backwards. By rights Taiwan owns China, not China owns Taiwan. It's a civil war that stalemated and China is the rebel faction.

It's a civil war that stalemated
I'm not sure that "stalemate" is a fair description. The Communists won in the vast majority of the contested territory, so by any reasonable standard, they were victorious. That a tiny island off the coast was successfully retained by their opponents isn't sufficient to declare the conflict a draw.

You might as well (indeed, it would be far more reasonable to) call the American Revolution a "stalemate", because Britain retained control of Canada*. Nevertheless, it's obvious that Washington won, and George III lost.

*Well, apart from Quebec, but even modern day Canada doesn't seem to really have control over Quebec.

You have it backwards. By rights Taiwan owns China, not China owns Taiwan. It's a civil war that stalemated and China is the rebel faction.

No, Thag the Russian caveman’s niece Druk got washed out to sea from the Chinese mainland in a storm back around 35,014 BCE, and the searchers found her on - and claimed Taiwan for Mother Russia. Taiwan rightfully belongs to Russia. Like everything else.

Let's take a closer look at the history of  Taiwan --  History of Taiwan --  Prehistory of Taiwan --  Austronesian peoples

The first people to live there came over during the Ice Ages, when enough of the oceans' water went into continental glaciers to make the Taiwan Strait high and dry.

The oldest sort-of-human fossil:  Penghu 1 - from sea-level lowering, either between 190 and 130 kya, or between 70 and 10 kya (kya = thousand years ago). A new species? Homo erectus? "Archaic Homo sapiens"? A Denisovan?

The first fossils of our present-day species date back to 20 - 30 kya, and the first fossil artifacts are chipped-pebble tools from around 15 - 5 kya.

These people became isolated from the mainland when the North American and European continental glaciers melted some 12 - 10 kya, drowning the Taiwan Strait. They did slash-and-burn agriculture, slashing a lot of wild vegetation, letting it dry, then burning it to make fertilizer.

But then around 5,000 years ago, some immigrants came by boat from mainland China. They brought with them rice agriculture, they spoke the ancestor of the Austronesian languages, and they spread all over the island, outbreeding the previous inhabitants.

Some 4,000 years ago, some of their descendants went by boat from Taiwan to the Philippines, and from there to Indonesia, Madagascar, and the Pacific islands, going all the way to Hawaii, Rapa Nui, and New Zealand.

Over the last few centuries, Chinese people moved in from the mainland, becoming the dominant population.

China itself started out in the northern part of present-day China, on the Yellow River, and gradually spread southward.

Early expansions of hominins out of Africa and  Early human migrations

Here is a timeline of Taiwan (pre)human inhabitants:
  • 1.8 Mya (?) -- Homo erectus
  • 200 kya (?) -- Denisovans, (Penghu 1)
  • 30 kya -- first of our species, likely  Negrito (African-looking people of the Philippines and SE Asia)
  • 6 kya -- Austronesians
  • 1.4 kya -- Chinese
kya = thousand years ago
Mya = million years ago

Back
Top Bottom