• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Consciousness

Again with this shit? Don't you have any new fallacies to doggedly repeat despite careful correction? These are spent, and in the wrong thread too.

Again with this shit? Don't you have any new fallacies to doggedly repeat despite careful correction? These are spent, and in the wrong thread too.

This is non-respondent to any argument in the statement above it.

I can only assume you have done so in error.

You have no answer to this.

Beyond your ignorance that days without start is the same thing as days without end. In terms of the number of days.

This is non-respondent to any argument in the statement above it.

I can only assume you have done so in error.

You have no answer to this.

Beyond your ignorance that days without start is the same thing as days without end. In terms of the number of days.

Why bother? There have been (literally) thousands of posts going back years in a variety of threads by a variety of posters carefully explaining to you why that argument is flawed. Continuing to bash my head against the brick wall of your obstinacy is foolish and has little chance of success so I'd rather do something productive. Moreover, it's boring.

Anyone on here can see:
https://talkfreethought.org/showthread.php?2155-Infinte-Regress-Timeline
https://talkfreethought.org/showthr...-something-to-be-quot-logically-possible-quot
https://talkfreethought.org/showthread.php?11489-Is-the-concept-of-infinity-real-or-imaginary
https://talkfreethought.org/showthread.php?11465-Infinite-Past
https://talkfreethought.org/showthread.php?12082-What-came-first
And those are just the ones I remember.

Yes. I know.

You have all these flaws in the argument you know about but can't disclose for some reason.

I have heard your alleged "arguments" here.

They are ALL worthless.

Which is why you have a bunch of links and NO arguments.

You have NOTHING to say here and no matter how hard anyone looks they will not find any substance to your imaginary objections.

You look as if you did some investigation.

Did you possibly see reasons for the behavior?

Or is that too difficult?

Allowing constant harassment is nothing to be proud of.

I dunno. If I'd been publicly told by moderators that moderators don't constantly search for minor irritations unless asked to do so with some evidence and they also take a dim view of public criticism of them for following this policy I would consider myself forewarned. I don't think I would continue criticizing them because I want to publicly complain, while at the same time, I am too lazy to make a case with credible documentation, then formally post my complaint for consideration.

Something about fire and playing with it?

I'm pretty sure you won't succeed where Icarus failed.

It;s all about a well regulated consciousness signifying a proper man.

NO I'm not rewriting your post Ravensky mum. I'm just commenting on curoius behavior on the consciousness thread.

I dunno. If I'd been told moderators don't constantly search for minor irritations unless asked to do so with some evidence and they also take a dim view of public criticism of them for following this policy I would consider myself forewarned. I don't think I would continue criticizing them because I want to publicly complain, while at the same time, I am too lazy to make a case with credible documentation, then formally post my complaint for consideration.

Something about fire and playing with it?

I take a dim view of constant ignorant harassment.

I don't give two shits if somebody disagrees with me and calls my ideas nonsense. As long as they have an idea of their own.

But day after day of no content posts.

Fuck that!!

What do you think about harassment? Deliberate harassment?

You seem to be standing up for it here.

They have a saying in Bergen Town. I don't know what it is, but they have one.

I'm thinking that if I were conscious of being told I'm not rubbing two coins together, rather than complaining they don't know wtf they're talking about I would try to show them how to rub two coins together. Much more conversant that approach.
Well, a lot of the time I find myself agreeing with what other posters wrote, but not really wanting to build on it, because the truth is self evident.

On the other hand, untermensche constantly says stupid things, and they aren't a kid (so adult level criticism seems appropriate despite their apparent deficiencies). To tell you the truth they appear to be some sort of crappy bot/mechanical turk hybrid (many players ready to add to the answer banks if there is a parsing issue). Might be a group of SA goons taking turns and sticking to the script.

I'm thinking that if I were conscious of being told I'm not rubbing two coins together, rather than complaining they don't know wtf they're talking about I would try to show them how to rub two coins together. Much more conversant that approach.

If I told a conscious being they do "something" in their mind and then their arm moves as planned would they believe the evidence in front of them?

Ofo course they have to believe the deception. To do otherwise would defeat the purpose of having carried out a masquerade with, in part, is to be convincing about what one believes of oneself. There are them damn squirts yano. They get going actions of all kinds of bad times like when one is confronting danger or when one is in a low percentage situation from which she might not survive, etc.

The point is all sorts of objective data shows that the beast is going before the beast thinks he is going. Besides there's that logical impossibility that one has current worldview and answers answers before one has information is just, well, not objectively possible. One can't be logical or rational if things aren't physically possible. Conscious thoughts are after the fact. You believe you willed your arm to rise, but, geez, there it is above your head before you realize it is there.

Consider: you notice Randy is (apparently) acting out across the room. You develop a plan of action and begin to more toward him when nurse Joan arrives on the scene and gives him a cup of cold water. Well you had a plan, a good plan, so you go over to Joan and suggest she should do this and so - carry out your plan - when she interrupts you to tell you that Randy wanted to get his hand out of the small jar in which he had inadvertently trapped it. You wander away saying to yourself your plan was appropriate anyway which is exactly the way you report it in Randy's activity log possibly omitting the fact that his hand had been trapped in a small jar..

Never happens doe it?

Of course it does.

Last edited:
Is there any FUCKING moderation in this forum?

Why is ignorant harassment allowed to go on and on?

More irony. Are you not aware of your own tendency to insult everyone who happens to disagree with your beliefs?

I attack bad ideas.

This usually get an attack of ME in return.

I have attacked bad idea after bad idea from you. One bad argument after another.

If you see this as some attack of your person that is your problem.

The problem being, others see your ideas as being bad. You assume that your ideas are good and that the ideas of your opponents are bad.

That is not necessarily being the case, your reactions are not justified.

Yet you yourself complained about moderation when the same treatment that you give others is directed at you, that being the irony.

I attack bad ideas.

This usually get an attack of ME in return.

I have attacked bad idea after bad idea from you. One bad argument after another.

The problem being, others see your ideas as being bad.

That is not a problem for me. I can defend anything I believe all day.

The problem is with the people who can't and harass instead of present ideas.

Yet you yourself complained about moderation when the same treatment that you give others is directed at you, that being the irony.

I attack ideas with ideas.

People that can't defend their ideas don't like this.

I do not harass.

I don't know untermensche- unless you're defending the idea that you can't successfully put together a logical argument to defend your ideas, you're not defending any idea very well.

Even the idea that all ideas you defend are wrong is in question, because you deliberately say things to make it look as if poor people are idiots because they believe the system is rigged by the corrupt for the corrupt, because you say the same things. It's like you say a bunch of stupid shit deliberately so that you can tarnish the truth by speaking it.

Which is why any poor person would think that you are a lying, piece of shit privileged person, or an AI designed by one with the intent of preventing the poor from giving the privileged what they deserve. Of course, if you're rich, you'll present yourself as poor to get away with your corruption when the time comes to answer for your crimes against humanity.

I don't know untermensche- unless you're defending the idea that you can't successfully put together a logical argument to defend your ideas, you're not defending any idea very well.

I know the nonsense you believe and can't defend.

You cannot say anything rational about my objections.

You cannot address the absurdity of saying a real infinity has somehow completed.

It takes understanding the difference between imaginary infinities that never actually complete, you can never actually display all the fractions between zero and one, but their completeness can be imagined and a real infinity. And imagining completeness just isn't good enough for something real. To have a real infinity every element has to be expressed. None can just be imagined to exist.

That is not a problem for me. I can defend anything I believe all day.

The problem is with the people who can't and harass instead of present ideas.

I attack ideas with ideas.

People that can't defend their ideas don't like this.

I do not harass.

No, when under pressure you have a tendency to attack the person, delivering ad homs. There are many examples I could provide, but at this point abstain.

Just provide one where I attacked not because I was the victim of harassment but because I had some fear my precious idea was in trouble.

Just one example.

untermenche, the worst ever bad cracked mirror reporting weird stuff looking like mocking reflections.

My brother and I used to play that game when were were about eight years old. "I'm rubber you're glue everything you say bounces off me and sticks on you."

germane part ....when we were about eight years old .....

Back
Top Bottom