• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Coronavirus and the US" or "We are all going to die!!!!"

Maybe I am a theorist? or even hypothesists :)

And that computer animated fireworks during Olympic games there

Just a run-of-the-mill conspiracy theorist, as far as I can tell.

Just because, in this case, the conclusion might very well be true doesn't make the reasoning sound.

I am not claiming that Chinese did not spacewalk. I claim that officially distributed video was taken in the pool. And Chinese admitted that Olympic games firework they transmitted to the whole world was a fake but they have good excuse for it.
Chinese find it perfectly acceptable to eat weird meat parts, throw coins into engines, fake documentary footage and all kind of statistics. And yes, they admitted suppressing the information during this pandemics.

Depending on source 25% or 50% of those who get the virus never exhibit symptoms.
100% of those can resume normal activities. If we only had #ANTIBODYTESTING! which is simple and straightforward and we can do it easily right now.
Anyone who tests positive for antibodies and negative for virus is over their mildest possible case.

Yes I remember I was among these first who was worried.
Also I think number of deaths in China is most certainly under-reported . They may very well be still in top 3. But I can't deny that totalitarian regime keeps it under control, at least for now.

The number of deaths in Iran and Italy is most certainly under-reported too.

I wonder if there is any country where this is not the case?

I think we have accurate counting from the countries that have tested very heavily and kept it under control, with the exception of China where the system swamped before they got it under control.

Depending on source 25% or 50% of those who get the virus never exhibit symptoms.
100% of those can resume normal activities. If we only had #ANTIBODYTESTING! which is simple and straightforward and we can do it easily right now.
Anyone who tests positive for antibodies and negative for virus is over their mildest possible case.

Since nobody has it yet it's clearly not simple and straightforward.

Will two people make antibodies for the same exact virus that are different enough to not detected by the same test?

100% of those can resume normal activities.

How does that follow? You can not exhibit symptoms and still spread the virus easily.

Will two people make antibodies for the same exact virus that are different enough to not detected by the same test?
Part of developing these tests is verifying this sort of thing. A single organism can make various antibodies to a single antigen, but to different epitopes on that antigen. Developing a test requires figuring out the right epitopes, like particular proteins, that we can use to test an antigen response and be relatively confident in the results in a large population.

There are always false positives and false negatives in a large enough population. But you don't need perfection for something to be good enough.

Vaccines work in a similar way.

100% of those can resume normal activities.

How does that follow? You can not exhibit symptoms and still spread the virus easily.

You trimmed my quote!
100% of those can resume normal activities. If we only had #ANTIBODYTESTING!
Excuse my bad grammar in linking the first to the second. I suppose I should have said:
If we only had #ANTIBODYTESTING! then 100% of those can resume normal activities.

Spain surpassed Italy in number of per capita deaths
Spain 256 per million
Italy 254 per million
but both countries are starting to get better.

Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count - The New York Times
GitHub - nytimes/covid-19-data - An ongoing repository of data on coronavirus cases and deaths in the U.S.

The state-by-state data is interesting, because one can see how each state has been behaving. New York is odd. it had a burst of increase in mid-March before slowing down to its previous increase rate.

Also, deaths are a lagging indicator, since people who have the virus take some days to either recover or die.

Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) - Statistics and Research - Our World in Data
Coronavirus Source Data - Our World in Data

I haven't tried analyzing that one yet.

One thing is certain, that deaths from the virus are being under reported.

So are cases of the virus, since testing isn't being done as often as it should and it's assumed that a fairly large percentage of people are asymptomatic. That's the real bitch. People can be spreading this shit without ever realizing it.

I don't think we have a clue as to how many people have been infected, so mortality rates are impossible to know.

So are cases of the virus, since testing isn't being done as often as it should and it's assumed that a fairly large percentage of people are asymptomatic. That's the real bitch. People can be spreading this shit without ever realizing it.

I don't think we have a clue as to how many people have been infected, so mortality rates are impossible to know.

*We*, the world (not, fortunately, my country), know a lot more than *you*, the US.

You, in the US, are lucky enough to come late to the party, where China (to the extent they can be trusted), South Korea, Italy, and Spain can already answer many of your question.

If only you were wise enough to ask them...

*We*, the world (not, fortunately, my country), know a lot more than *you*, the US.

You, in the US, are lucky enough to come late to the party, where China (to the extent they can be trusted), South Korea, Italy, and Spain can already answer many of your question.

We are. It's our federal "leadership" with right wing authoritarian disease who won't.

Nobody has the asymptomatic numbers yet.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/hea...cine-might-protect-against-covid-19-1.4222110
TB vaccination again.
A study of 178 countries by an Irish medical consultant working with epidemiologists at the University of Texas in Houston shows countries with vaccination programmes – including Ireland – have far fewer coronavirus cases by a factor 10, compared to where BCG programmes are no longer deployed
Weird, I am looking at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ and it is only factor of 2 between Ireland and UK

Back
Top Bottom