• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

FFS, LA County health department is mandating masks for everyone when indoors regardless of vaccination status. So much for “following the science”.
The science says vaccinated people are contracting Delta. The complications will almost certainly be minor, however, these people can still spread it.

Please stop pretending to care about what the science says.

*Awaits TSwizzle's next "*insert current event*, so much for following the science" post*

Could someone tell me what the objection is to wearing a mask? They honestly don't bother me in the least. I don't like wearing one when I work out. But that's about it. I've been told that I look better with a mask on! What's the big deal?

I'm with you. I have no problem with a mask and I live in Florida where it's hot. Helps mitigate allergies too.

Could someone tell me what the objection is to wearing a mask? They honestly don't bother me in the least. I don't like wearing one when I work out. But that's about it. I've been told that I look better with a mask on! What's the big deal?

Love the comment about looking better with a mask on. :D I'll have to remember that one.

You say you don't like wearing one when you are working out. But there are a lot of people with 8+ hour days of, effectively, "working out". Laborers, tradesmen, warehouse workers, shelf stockers, etc. Yesterday, I was talking to a customer of mine about wearing masks, and I said I found them annoying to keep on for a full day, as I have a job where I'm on my feet all day, lifting heavy tool boxes, supplies, etc. Plus, reading small writing and doing detail work, where my reading glasses are constantly getting fogged up. She is a librarian and very pro mask (more so than most people I've met), but admitted she gets annoyed too and has to remove hers sometimes so she can get some air, as she is on her feet all day going up and down stairs and lifting heavy books, etc (she is very petite). For me, it comes down to a risk versus reward evaluation, just like most things in life. I'll gladly wear a mask when the risk of getting or transmitting the virus is significant, but if not, then I don't wear one. Just like I don't wear a crash helmet while I'm driving around town. A helmet could save my life someday in car crash, but I'm willing to take the chance on that.

As the Delta variant continues its rapid spread in Los Angeles County, Dr. Christina Ghaly says unvaccinated people now account for all COVID-19 hospitalizations at county-run hospitals. "To date, we have not had a patient admitted to a DHS hospital who has been fully vaccinated with either the J&J, Pfizer or Moderna vaccine," said Dr. Christina Ghaly, director of the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, said Tuesday. "Every single patient that we've admitted for COVID has been not yet fully vaccinated." State and county data shows the highly contagious Delta variant is quickly spreading among those who have not yet received a COVID-19 vaccine.

abcNews

Aside from the fact that masks are pretty pointless, there is no reason for vaccinated people to wear masks. So I won't be wearing one.

Canada about to surpass US in fully vaccinated percent of population. Well past US in first shot. The reason?

Would you be shocked it is media and politics based?
article said:
The partisan divide in the U.S. over vaccination is only growing. As of April 22, the average vaccination rate in U.S. counties that voted for Trump was 20.6 percent, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation; at the time, the vaccination rate in Biden counties was just 2.2 percentage points higher. Yet by May 11, the vaccination gap between Trump and Biden counties had tripled to 6.5 percent; by July 6, it had nearly doubled again, to 11.7 percent.
article said:
Canada doesn’t have the same problem. Yes, Canadian anti-vaxxers also tend to be conservative — but Canadian conservatives as a whole are far more open to vaccination than their American counterparts. According to a June Abacus poll, nearly three-quarters (73 percent) of Canadian Conservative Party voters said they were already vaccinated or planned to get a shot in short order, while just 16 percent said they would never get vaccinated — half the share of Trump voters who say the same.

I think most of it is political. Since masks are now optional at the place where I work out, I don't wear one, but about half of the women are still wearing masks while they exercise. I still wear one when in a store because I live in an area where there are a lot of people who refuse to take the vaccine and I don't even want a mild case of COVID, nor do I want to accidentally give it to anyone else, not even some idiot who refuses to be vaccinated or wear a mask when in public.

My biggest concern are the medical professionals who are having to care for these fools. They were already overwhelmed before the vaccine. Now there's a vaccine that has a high rate of preventing COVID, but we have a large percentage of people, mostly younger people and Republicans who refuse to take the vaccine. It's both sad and dangerous that so many people believe nonsensical propaganda over science.

Fox News and other even trumpier channels.

Still no clearer, in what way is Fox News "antivaxer" and wtf is a "even trumpier channel", which channels are they exactly ? Also, why are you watching them ?
I don't watch them, I watch CNN and they show clips of deplorables from FOX news and other nazi channels.
So I wonder how many of these clowns are not vaccinated. My guess none of them.

Fox News and other even trumpier channels.

Still no clearer, in what way is Fox News "antivaxer" and wtf is a "even trumpier channel", which channels are they exactly ? Also, why are you watching them ?
I don't watch them, I watch CNN and they show clips of deplorables from FOX news and other nazi channels.

"deplorables", "nazi channels". What a waste of bandwidth this gibberish is. You're every bit as bad the conspiracy theory nuts.

CNN :rolleyes:

I wonder how many TV antivaxers are actually NOT vaccinated. Something tells me they are all vaccinated.

I'd suspect that many are. For many, their anti-mask, Anti-vx message is all about ratings. It brings the money in. It makes them superstars on the right. I expect that many or most are smart enough to know that they are just spewing pure lies that bring the money in and themselves vaxed.

As the Delta variant continues its rapid spread in Los Angeles County, Dr. Christina Ghaly says unvaccinated people now account for all COVID-19 hospitalizations at county-run hospitals. "To date, we have not had a patient admitted to a DHS hospital who has been fully vaccinated with either the J&J, Pfizer or Moderna vaccine," said Dr. Christina Ghaly, director of the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, said Tuesday. "Every single patient that we've admitted for COVID has been not yet fully vaccinated." State and county data shows the highly contagious Delta variant is quickly spreading among those who have not yet received a COVID-19 vaccine.

abcNews

Aside from the fact that masks are pretty pointless, there is no reason for vaccinated people to wear masks. So I won't be wearing one.

So, it seems your argument is this:

Anyone not currently vaccinated is that way by choice, so if you get and spread the virus to them, without yourself getting sick, and they get sick or die it’s their own fault for not getting the vaccination.

Does that sound correct?

There is zero evidence, none that suggests vaccinated people are spreading the virus. FFS, even the CDC say vaccinated people don’t need to wear masks.

There is zero evidence, none that suggests vaccinated people are spreading the virus. FFS, even the CDC say vaccinated people don’t need to wear masks.

The vaccine certainly seems to be effective.

Almost all the hospitalizations and deaths now are people who were not vaccinated.

We tried to tell them to get vaccinated.

Misleaders told them something else.

https://www.boston.com/news/coronav...through-infections-uptick/?p1=hp_featurestack

The numbers are small but in Massachusetts .1%, or 1 in 1000 people who are fully vaccinated have since caught Covid after being fully vaccinated. Of course that number is likely undercounting given that some fully vaccinated who do catch it probably don't get tested.

While the numbers are small, it would be preposterous to claim that they can't/don't spread it.

CDC hasn't recommended vaccinated to wear masks in most situations because the risks are very small. But to claim that there is zero evidence defies reality.

"deplorables", "nazi channels". What a waste of bandwidth this gibberish is. You're every bit as bad the conspiracy theory nuts.

CNN :rolleyes:
I am trying to use their language.

I wonder how many TV antivaxers are actually NOT vaccinated. Something tells me they are all vaccinated.

I'd suspect that many are. For many, their anti-mask, Anti-vx message is all about ratings. It brings the money in. It makes them superstars on the right. I expect that many or most are smart enough to know that they are just spewing pure lies that bring the money in and themselves vaxed.
I suspect ALL of them (the one who are paid to be TV blowhards ) are vaccinated and know that they are lying.

I think vaccination status should be public for all people, but especially for these who are spewing antivax propaganda. In fact it should be a crime to be antivixer while vaccinated, with real jail time, 5 years minimum.

I suspect ALL of them (the one who are paid to be TV blowhards ) are vaccinated and know that they are lying.

Perhaps we differ only on the question of how many of them actually have functioning brains.

The thought crosses my mind: Will enough conservative/Republican/anti-vax folks die/become-nonfunctional to affect the November 2022 [and future] elections?

No, as bothered as I am by all this $#!t that's going on, I am NOT wishing that kind of nasty on anyone.....

Just an idle thought....

The thought crosses my mind: Will enough conservative/Republican/anti-vax folks die/become-nonfunctional to affect the November 2022 [and future] elections?

No, as bothered as I am by all this $#!t that's going on, I am NOT wishing that kind of nasty on anyone.....

Just an idle thought....
If Democrats can figure out how to get dead people to vote, so can the Republicans.

Back
Top Bottom