• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

I am talking about medical misinformation being removed from platforms. Parada is making a claim about his medical status that is influencing others. Unless he proves to Twitter he is not lying about having Guillain Barre, should Twitter have the right to remove the tweets.

I went to Mayo Clinic website and I see that the J&J is possible for having GB happen, but so can Covid. But he claimed he got covid last year (should he have to prove to Twitter that he did?) and did not have a relapse from that.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/guillain-barre-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20362793
Guillain-Barre syndrome may be triggered by:

Most commonly, infection with campylobacter, a type of bacteria often found in undercooked poultry
Influenza virus
Cytomegalovirus
Epstein-Barr virus
Zika virus
Hepatitis A, B, C and E
HIV, the virus that causes AIDS
Mycoplasma pneumonia
Surgery
Trauma
Hodgkin's lymphoma
Rarely, influenza vaccinations or childhood vaccinations
COVID-19 virus
COVID-19 Johnson & Johnson vaccine

I don't see mRNA vaccines as causing GB, but not sure about relapse risk.

He has a certain level of immunity from the infection, but on this board that is totally not respected at all.

n=1 isn't evidence, it's anecdote.

Nobody should care about anecdotal evidence.
Neither does repoman, he just keeps posting passive aggressively about bullshit misinformation in the vaccines.

Left wing authoritarian wants not wearing a mask to be a criminal offense;

Sadiq Khan has said that failing to wear a face mask on the Tube should become a criminal offence. The London Mayor has been pushing the the government to allow Transport for London (TfL) to impose a by-law requiring face coverings on the capital's transport network. Speaking to the BBC's Newscast podcast Mr Khan said: 'We are trying to lobby the Government to allow us to bring in a bye-law, so it will be the law again, so we can issue fixed penalty notices and we can use the police service and BTP to enforce this.' <>face coverings are still compulsory on the Tube despite other transport networks choosing not to make them a requirement. However since the change TfL has said the overall compliance rate remains high at 85 per cent.

DailMail

Without producing a shred of evidence that face masks do anything to "stop the spread" or "is for safety", Khan will try to fine people that do not comply (which is precious few) with the covid theatrics. Or put another way, Kahn: '"Hmm, how do I distract people from the rampant knife crime in London?"

Sadiq Khan has said that failing to wear a face mask on the Tube should become a criminal offence. The London Mayor has been pushing the the government to allow Transport for London (TfL) to impose a by-law requiring face coverings on the capital's transport network. Speaking to the BBC's Newscast podcast Mr Khan said: 'We are trying to lobby the Government to allow us to bring in a bye-law, so it will be the law again, so we can issue fixed penalty notices and we can use the police service and BTP to enforce this.' <>face coverings are still compulsory on the Tube despite other transport networks choosing not to make them a requirement. However since the change TfL has said the overall compliance rate remains high at 85 per cent.

DailMail

Without producing a shred of evidence that face masks do anything to "stop the spread" or "is for safety", Khan will try to fine people that do not comply (which is precious few) with the covid theatrics. Or put another way, Kahn: '"Hmm, how do I distract people from the rampant knife crime in London?"

Let's please include soap and water. There are zero tests demonstrating that handwashing does any good to stop the spread of Covid.

Seat belts don't prevent car crashes.

Lets add traffic signals, stop signs, yield signs, having a license, safety inspections, registrations, traffic cops, vision testing, etc. None of these measures have ever been "tested." I demand proof!

I've been talking about the Next Big Variant for some time now and why that should be a concern. I think the press is starting to catch on now, though they are starting to become focused on delta-plus too much. In many developing countries, vaccine rates are so low, that if delta-plus is not the NBV, then some other variant will be it there.

And so I have to jump ahead again.... There is basically no stopping it any more. The world has failed to stop the spread of sars coronavirus-2. It has become part of the fabric of society, in a sense like seasonal flus but more dangerous. We have to just admit it and then decide how we want to deal with this fact.

I'm just throwing this out there. Do we need to adapt to this change forever now?
  • Vaccines every year for covid made available to general public, like we do with flu;
  • More vaccines every 6 months for elderly, obese, and other at-risk persons;
  • Vaccinations required for health care workers like with flu vaccines;
  • What other groups ought to be required for vaccinations for the REST OF OUR LIVES?
  • A significant change in Western culture to adopt the Asian cultural practice of mask-wearing when we believe we are sick with respiratory illness. Is that even enough?

Let's please include soap and water. There are zero tests demonstrating that handwashing does any good to stop the spread of Covid.

It probably doesn't as Covid is an airborne transmission. However, if you did have it on your hands, soap does break down many germs and virus. Chemistry and all that, well established.

Agreed but hardly surprising as that's not what seat belts were designed for.

DailMail

So, when we look at the massive Flynn protests which included almost exclusively tight packed but masked people with absolutely no uptick in cases where the protests took place and compare it with say... the Trump Supreme Court nomination super spreader... we come to what conclusion?

I've been talking about the Next Big Variant for some time now and why that should be a concern. I think the press is starting to catch on now, though they are starting to become focused on delta-plus too much. In many developing countries, vaccine rates are so low, that if delta-plus is not the NBV, then some other variant will be it there.

And so I have to jump ahead again.... There is basically no stopping it any more. The world has failed to stop the spread of sars coronavirus-2. It has become part of the fabric of society, in a sense like seasonal flus but more dangerous. We have to just admit it and then decide how we want to deal with this fact.

I'm just throwing this out there. Do we need to adapt to this change forever now?
  • Vaccines every year for covid made available to general public, like we do with flu;
  • More vaccines every 6 months for elderly, obese, and other at-risk persons;
  • Vaccinations required for health care workers like with flu vaccines;
  • What other groups ought to be required for vaccinations for the REST OF OUR LIVES?
  • A significant change in Western culture to adopt the Asian cultural practice of mask-wearing when we believe we are sick with respiratory illness. Is that even enough?
Simply put, with the vaccinated contracting it, what can be done other than accept it, and everyone gets it. I'm currently pushing for the super-spikes where enough people get it, we develop herd immunity and a lucky 10 or so percent of people never get it.

It probably doesn't as Covid is an airborne transmission. However, if you did have it on your hands, soap does break down many germs and virus. Chemistry and all that, well established.

What are masks "designed" to do?

Was soap and water designed to kill Covid?

What are masks "designed" to do?

Depends what masks you are talking about.

Was soap and water designed to kill Covid?

Soaps and disinfectants etc were designed to kill germs etc. Not specifically designed to kill covid but it will kill most virus. And there is chemistry behind that, science stuff.

Generally the correct answer here is:

1: Help to reduce the chances that people who have Covid will spreadi the virus to others
2: less effective but still somewhat effective at helping non sick people from catching covid from people with Covid.

This is of course the point that people who refuse to wear mask, and death cult governors like DeSantis purposely lie about. The primary purpose of a mask is to keep infected people from infecting others. All this nonsense about letting the parents decide if their kids should wear masks in school is lying about the main purpose for masking up.

Why do you think that a surgeon doing surgery on a heart patient wears a mask? Is it to keep the heart patient from passing a disease to the surgeon or is it to keep the surgeon from passing an illness to the heart patient?

Generally the correct answer here is:

1: Help to reduce the chances that people who have Covid will spreading the virus to others
2: less effective but still somewhat effective at helping non sick people from catching covid from people with Covid.

Unfortunately for the mask and lockdown cultists there is no evidence to support this theory.

Why do you think that a surgeon doing surgery on a heart patient wears a mask? Is it to keep the heart patient from passing a disease to the surgeon or is it to keep the surgeon from passing an illness to the heart patient?

It's to stop debris, moisture etc dropping in to the patients open cavities. It's not what you appear to think it is. I also expect medical masks to be of superior quality to the bandanas and chinese knock off multi used "masks" that people wear like a good luck charm.

Unfortunately for the mask and lockdown cultists there is no evidence to support this theory.

It's to stop debris, moisture etc dropping in to the patients open cavities. It's not what you appear to think it is. I also expect medical masks to be of superior quality to the bandanas and chinese knock off multi used "masks" that people wear like a good luck charm.

:pigsfly:

Reactions: jab
I'm currently pushing for the super-spikes where enough people get it, we develop herd immunity

You missed a few steps there.

"I'm currently pushing for the super-spikes where enough people get it, we keep the economy in low gear for another year or so, crush the healthcare system, and millions of people lose loved ones, then we develop herd immunity."

Tom

Mayo Clinic is misinformation?

I was surprised to find they are not 100% trustworthy

Oh? Can you give more information about that?

It was described upthread a bit.

Mayo is conservative. They post the best information available. But in this particular case the information changes rapidly. What was top quality info last week might be outdated today. And the best information might not be vetted thoroughly enough to go on the website.
Tom

NOTE THE DATE:

November 5, 2019

Pre-Covid is the only way to go for these types of articles, pre-Trump is even better.

https://www.citizen.org/news/groups-to-cdc-stop-falsely-claiming-not-to-accept-corporate-money/

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Public health, government watchdog and public interest groups today petitioned the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to cease making false disclaimers that it “does not accept commercial support” and has “no financial interests or other relationships with the manufacturers of commercial products.”

The CDC makes such disclaimers hundreds of times in its publications and on its website, despite that the National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has accepted for the CDC nearly $80 million from drug companies and other commercial manufacturers during fiscal years 2014-2018.

The petition states: “These claims may be comforting to consumers and health professionals, but both are indisputably false.” Groups endorsing the petition include Knowledge Ecology International, Liberty Coalition, Project on Government Oversight, Public Citizen and U.S. Right to Know.

“It’s time for the CDC to be truthful with health professionals and all Americans, and to stop denying that it takes corporate money,” said Gary Ruskin, co-director of U.S. Right to Know. “The CDC is violating the public trust by misleading us in this way.”

“That the CDC accepts millions from corporations directly impacted by the agency’s public health programs is indefensible,” said Dr. Michael Carome, director of Public Citizen’s Health Research Group. “So the CDC instead has adopted the strategy of repeatedly denying that it accepts such payments.”

“The CDC needs the trust of the public, on the efficacy and safety of vaccines and drugs, and measures to prevent disease and injury,” said James Love, director of Knowledge Ecology International. “A small amount of money from corporations diminishes the trust the public will have that the agency works for us, and provides independent, trusted information.”

In January, Ruskin co-authored a study in the Milbank Quarterly on emails between The Coca-Cola Company and the CDC, showing the company’s efforts to influence the CDC for its own benefit. One high-ranking CDC official even guided Coca-Cola on how to lobby the World Health Organization to back off its efforts to curtail added sugars. Coca-Cola has been a donor to the CDC Foundation.

In 2017, U.S. Right to Know obtained documents showing an alliance between Coca-Cola and then-CDC Director Brenda Fitzgerald. These documents were the subject of articles in The New York Times and The Intercept.

The groups’ petition to the CDC is available here.

Would a completely independent CDC have been straight, months ago, about the mucosal nature of the virus and that these vaccines are good for severe illness but dodgy for stopping transmission?

Back
Top Bottom