• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

What is the lowest age of a child anyone here would, hypothetically, get vaccinated in the near future?

I would put the line at about 13 years old, no younger.

Most of the spread in the current SEQ outbreak is amongst children, more than half are under ten years old.

IMG_6188.JPG

We aim for complete contact tracing (including full viral genome sequencing) here, though the link between the index case in international arrival quarantine, and the first Indooroopilly SHS case (a 17 year old girl) remains a mystery. The genome sequencing gives us a clear indication of which international arrival is the index case.

We have had a full lockdown since 4pm on Sunday 1st, since which time there have only been two potential exposure sites identified (both pharmacies). There are dozens of such sites for the days leading up to the start of lockdown though.

Lockdown will continue until Sunday, but will be extended if there is the reasonable likelihood that someone was infectious but not isolated in the previous few days.

Queensland is determined not to end up like NSW, where "Gold Standard" Gladys Binchicken still apparently thinks you can come to a compromise deal with the virus, that allows people to go out to work but not infect others.

To avoid hijacking this thread, I'll post comments about Covid-19 in Thailand in another thread.

But due to vaccine mismanagement here, I may end up having peculiar technical questions. If I get one Sinovac (or Pfizer) jab, how long must I wait before getting a Moderna jab? I won't have control over the timing: if/when a Pfizer or Moderna jab is available, I must get it on a stipulated day or not at all.)

I don't know. I've been searching for info, but couldn't find anything specifically about that. Now according to this, it looks like you can get Moderna not long after recovery from Covid. So, it would be like, what, 3 weeks, at most 4 since you got infected, for an average covid case? Probably less, but in any case, since Sinovac is a dead virus vaccine, I think 4 weeks should be fine (conservative estimate). But perhaps a conservative approach is not ideal in a situation like this.

While there is disproportionate health care issues, a comparison between slavery and requiring proof of vaccination.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/04/politics/boston-mayor-covid-19-vaccine-documents/index.html

CNN —
After New York City announced people will need proof of Covid-19 vaccination to enter some indoor facilities, acting Boston Mayor Kim Janey likened the rule to the slavery-era freedom papers.

“There’s a long history in this country of people needing to show their papers,” Janey told CNN affiliate WCVB on Tuesday when asked by reporters about New York City’s announcement.

Janey then listed several examples of how people in the United States have been asked for documentation in the past, “during slavery, post-slavery, as recent as…what [the] immigrant population has to go through here. We heard Trump with the birth certificate nonsense,” she said.

During slavery, freedom papers or certificates of freedom were documents that African Americans secured as proof they had a right to move and remain safe from enslavement.

Actually the alleged Sturgis super spreader report was shown to be fake news.

The media used video of large crowds at past events. The actual event reported on was not very big.

Mainstream and left leaning media can be just as misleading as the right.

In other words, the media didn't want to send reporters into danger.

https://www.cnet.com/news/offspring-drops-drummer-pete-parada-for-not-getting-vaccinated/

Hmm, maybe a business decision less than a health one for the other members, since he was at risk of getting infected while not in the higher safety profile of being vaccinated.

He could be lying or telling the truth. Who knows.

Almost certainly lying. "Side effect profile"--nope, that's not a reason to not get the vaccine. If there were a legit medical reason it would be an adverse reaction, not a side effect. I won't say it's certain he's lying because there is the possibility his doctor said it would be a bad idea and he misunderstood the why. However, I find that very unlikely.

If money and profit was no object, couldn't the big vaccine designers have sold off their IP rights dirt cheap for the next two years so that the other medical manufacturers could have gotten the whole planet vaccinated by now?

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require a very high technical level to manufacture and are also limited by the supply of inputs. Letting any little outfit manufacture it would probably reduce the number of shots available.

Maybe Twitter should have Parada show them his medical records proving that he has Guillain-Barré Syndrome or force him to delete that tweet.
Do you mean Tourette's syndrome? The Guillain-Barré syndrome doesn't do what you seem to have in mind.

What is the lowest age of a child anyone here would, hypothetically, get vaccinated in the near future?

I see no reason for there to be a lower limit other than for medical reasons--many vaccines have a lower limit because they don't take too well if given too early.

How wonderfully arbitrary a number. I’ll go with (rolls Yahtzee dice), hmm looks like it adds up to 17.

How wonderfully arbitrary a number. I’ll go with (rolls Yahtzee dice), hmm looks like it adds up to 17.

Well, the first dose of the MMR vaccine is given to children when they're about one year old, and the second dose sometime before they enter the first grade. So, I'm willing to see the age for the COVID vaccine lowered at a steady, careful rate until every school age kid gets it, so long as it appears to be safe and effective.

Maybe Twitter should have Parada show them his medical records proving that he has Guillain-Barré Syndrome or force him to delete that tweet.
Do you mean Tourette's syndrome? The Guillain-Barré syndrome doesn't do what you seem to have in mind.

I am talking about medical misinformation being removed from platforms. Parada is making a claim about his medical status that is influencing others. Unless he proves to Twitter he is not lying about having Guillain Barre, should Twitter have the right to remove the tweets.

I went to Mayo Clinic website and I see that the J&J is possible for having GB happen, but so can Covid. But he claimed he got covid last year (should he have to prove to Twitter that he did?) and did not have a relapse from that.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/guillain-barre-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20362793
Guillain-Barre syndrome may be triggered by:

Most commonly, infection with campylobacter, a type of bacteria often found in undercooked poultry
Influenza virus
Cytomegalovirus
Epstein-Barr virus
Zika virus
Hepatitis A, B, C and E
HIV, the virus that causes AIDS
Mycoplasma pneumonia
Surgery
Trauma
Hodgkin's lymphoma
Rarely, influenza vaccinations or childhood vaccinations
COVID-19 virus
COVID-19 Johnson & Johnson vaccine

I don't see mRNA vaccines as causing GB, but not sure about relapse risk.

He has a certain level of immunity from the infection, but on this board that is totally not respected at all.

ErftBY_XIAMOAnl.jpeg

ErftBZxXEAASOYt.jpeg

This is because this is a mucosal virus?

Isn't a vaccine not being able to stop the spread axiomatic to that fact? Was this a slow roll?

I am talking about medical misinformation being removed from platforms. Parada is making a claim about his medical status that is influencing others. Unless he proves to Twitter he is not lying about having Guillain Barre, should Twitter have the right to remove the tweets.

I went to Mayo Clinic website and I see that the J&J is possible for having GB happen, but so can Covid. But he claimed he got covid last year (should he have to prove to Twitter that he did?) and did not have a relapse from that.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/guillain-barre-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20362793
Guillain-Barre syndrome may be triggered by:

Most commonly, infection with campylobacter, a type of bacteria often found in undercooked poultry
Influenza virus
Cytomegalovirus
Epstein-Barr virus
Zika virus
Hepatitis A, B, C and E
HIV, the virus that causes AIDS
Mycoplasma pneumonia
Surgery
Trauma
Hodgkin's lymphoma
Rarely, influenza vaccinations or childhood vaccinations
COVID-19 virus
COVID-19 Johnson & Johnson vaccine

I don't see mRNA vaccines as causing GB, but not sure about relapse risk.

He has a certain level of immunity from the infection, but on this board that is totally not respected at all.

n=1 isn't evidence, it's anecdote.

Nobody should care about anecdotal evidence.

Most of the spread in the current SEQ outbreak is amongst children, more than half are under ten years old.

View attachment 34717

We aim for complete contact tracing (including full viral genome sequencing) here, though the link between the index case in international arrival quarantine, and the first Indooroopilly SHS case (a 17 year old girl) remains a mystery. The genome sequencing gives us a clear indication of which international arrival is the index case.

We have had a full lockdown since 4pm on Sunday 1st, since which time there have only been two potential exposure sites identified (both pharmacies). There are dozens of such sites for the days leading up to the start of lockdown though.

Lockdown will continue until Sunday, but will be extended if there is the reasonable likelihood that someone was infectious but not isolated in the previous few days.

Queensland is determined not to end up like NSW, where "Gold Standard" Gladys Binchicken still apparently thinks you can come to a compromise deal with the virus, that allows people to go out to work but not infect others.

IMG_6196.JPG

IMG_6197.JPG

It's mostly being spread by children.

Or rather, it was. Now it's (so far) not being spread at all, though new cases are still being discovered from before Sunday's lockdown.

Now, there is delta-plus aka B.1.617.2.1 or AY.1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/08/03/delta-plus-coronavirus-variant-explained/

South Korea’s Disease Control and Prevention Agency said Tuesday that it had recorded at least two cases of the new coronavirus delta-plus variant, which some experts believe to be more transmissible than the original delta variant that was first detected in India and has since thwarted plans for returning to life before the pandemic.
But what do we know about “delta plus,” yet another new variant causing alarm among governments and health officials? First identified in Europe in March, the variant is also known as B. 1.617.2.1 or AY.1.
It has been detected in several countries, including the United Kingdom, the United States and India.
When delta strikes: Latest coronavirus surges grow faster, hit record heights in Louisiana, Florida
Last month, experts in India labeled the variant one of concern and warned that it appeared to be more transmissible than most. Citing studies, the country’s health ministry said that the variant has the ability to bind more easily to lung cells and could be resistant to therapies used to treat the infection.

WaPo permits nonsubscriber to access articles regarding COVID for free, if anyone is interested in reading the entire article. We may be reaching the point where the current vaccines do not offer much protection from some of these newer variants.

Isn't a vaccine not being able to stop the spread axiomatic to that fact? Was this a slow roll?

The viral load that still lives in the nasal passages with the delta variant is tremendously higher than the alpha. I understand a nasal inhaled vaccine is in the works.

You gotta keep 'em separated.

L.A. county is considering vaccine passports.

The viral load that still lives in the nasal passages with the delta variant is tremendously higher than the alpha. I understand a nasal inhaled vaccine is in the works.

And the vaccine maker didn't know about this and didn't design the trials to sidestep this issue. Yeah right.

Did you envision yourself as sucking the cock of a multinational corporation that is very careful with clinical trial design to conceal the fact that they already knew about the inherent leakiness of this vaccine
(because it is a mucosal virus) while also punching down on the drummer of a band you like?

This is neoliberal hell.

But that's litteraly life. We like to pretend it wasn't. But it is.
I had no idea that Sweden was that dangerous of a place to live!

It's lethal here. 100% of every Swede born eventually dies. The amount of dihydrogen monoxide in our drinking water is super high. All Swede's drink it everyday, just as if there's nothing to worry about. They don't even know!!!!

PANIC
PANIC
PANIC

Back
Top Bottom