• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

That's the Declaration of Independence.

The preamble to the US Constitution says.

The DOI is a statement about human rights from the same group of people who wrote it then won their independence and then ratified the Constitution.

Did they abandon their ideals after they won the war?

Or are the principles universal and eternal in the new nation?

I'm not sure you're familiar with their ideals, or who you think that they considered humans.

The famous line "All men are created equal" was written by a hugely wealthy slave owner. He scrubbed abolitionism from the Declaration of Independence(that he'd written) because pragmatic Traitors to the Crown knew that their Secession would fail without the southern slave owners.

What do you think that the ideals of the Founding Fathers actually were?
Tom

I am talking about the ideals they aspired to.

The ideals they spelled out in the Declaration of Independence.

I know that most were slave owners.

Franklin was not a slave owner. John Adams was not a slave owner.

link to Cardinal story.

article said:
In May 2020, Burke spoke at the Rome Life Forum and said "Vaccination itself cannot be imposed in a totalitarian manner on citizens. When the state takes on such a practice, it violates the integrity of its citizens. While the state can provide reasonable regulations for the safeguarding of health, it is not the ultimate one, it is not the ultimate provider of health, God is. Whatever the state proposes must respect God and His law."
Odd, God is the ultimate provider of health, yet he went to a hospital instead of a church.

That fucker is senile. Let his god have him, the sooner the better for everyone.

Catholic Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke, who spread anti-Covid vaccine and misinformation like control chips being planted under the skin, is now on a ventilator after being diagnosed with Covid. He's asking for prayers.

He worships a fickle god.
Well, his God did say, "Love thy neighbor."
Vaccinations, masks, social distancing, all efforts to stop the spread would qualify a LOT more than spreading disinformation and conspiracy theories to limit such efforts.

He also said: Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment. (Exodus 23:2)

Maybe God isn't fickle, but actually paying attention.

I'm not sure you're familiar with their ideals, or who you think that they considered humans.

The famous line "All men are created equal" was written by a hugely wealthy slave owner. He scrubbed abolitionism from the Declaration of Independence(that he'd written) because pragmatic Traitors to the Crown knew that their Secession would fail without the southern slave owners.

Tom

But they supported scrubbing abolitionism from the DoI, because it would impede their interests.

I believe it was Ben Franklin who said "We must hang together, or we shall all hang separately".

Because they were all traitors.
Tom

Tom

But they supported scrubbing abolitionism from the DoI, because it would impede their interests.

I believe it was Ben Franklin who said "We must hang together, or we shall all hang separately".

Tom
Jefferson plagiarized when he said Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. It was actually the pursuit of Wealth that drove the whole shebang. Jefferson just substituted Happiness for Wealth and they ran with it.

Pretty cool that the Netherlands is allowing one dose of vaccine for the previously infected for proof of vaccination.

https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-certificate/proof-of-recovery

Using proof of recovery to generate a COVID Certificate

Have you been tested positive for coronavirus? You can retrieve your proof of recovery via the CoronaCheck app or CoronaCheck.nl. For instance if you'd like to travel.
Requirements for proof of recovery

Proof of recovery shows that you once tested positive for coronavirus. You will only receive proof of recovery if:

you tested positive following a test conducted by the municipal health service (GGD). A positive result following a self-test or a blood test cannot be used as a basis for proof of recovery
you tested positive at least 11 days ago
you tested positive no longer than 180 days ago.

Additional requirements for travel

If you wish to use your proof of recovery to travel, you can only do this if:

you tested positive following a PCR test conducted by the municipal health service (GGD). Antigen tests are not permitted in this case.

Antigen test results can be used as a basis for proof of recovery within the Netherlands. For instance, if you wish to gain entry to an event.
Only tests done by the GGD

CoronaCheck retrieves positive test results from the municipal health service (GGD). At present, GGD systems only contain results for tests conducted by the GGD. This includes both PCR tests and antigen tests.

I had coronavirus more than 180 days ago: one dose is sufficient

If you had coronavirus more than 180 days ago, one dose of vaccine is sufficient to provide you with enough protection. Once you have received one dose of vaccine, you can request proof of vaccination. Of course, you can choose to receive two doses if you prefer.

Tom
Jefferson plagiarized when he said Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. It was actually the pursuit of Wealth that drove the whole shebang. Jefferson just substituted Happiness for Wealth and they ran with it.

I know all this.

It's [MENTION=484]untermensche[/MENTION]; who appears unfamiliar with the history.
Tom

Another gop politician stricken by the hoax.

N.C. lawmaker ill, wife hospitalized with COVID

Kidwell is the main sponsor of bills that would limit the governor’s emergency powers, ban the governor from mandating vaccines by executive order and bar state agencies from requiring the shots for licensing purposes.

In prior Facebook posts, Kidwell has decried “vaccine passports,” employer mandates, mask requirements, and efforts to get more people vaccinated, calling vaccine campaigns “manipulation.”

Kidwell has also reposted stories and posts casting doubt on the danger of COVID and calling into question the safety of the vaccines.

Another gop politician stricken by the hoax.

N.C. lawmaker ill, wife hospitalized with COVID

Kidwell is the main sponsor of bills that would limit the governor’s emergency powers, ban the governor from mandating vaccines by executive order and bar state agencies from requiring the shots for licensing purposes.

In prior Facebook posts, Kidwell has decried “vaccine passports,” employer mandates, mask requirements, and efforts to get more people vaccinated, calling vaccine campaigns “manipulation.”

Kidwell has also reposted stories and posts casting doubt on the danger of COVID and calling into question the safety of the vaccines.
He is 60, presuming wife is same neighborhood. I hope she gets better and fuck his call for prayers.

Thanks for all the amusing derails of this thread. :D. Anyway, back to the topic...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/16/us/politics/booster-shots.html

The Biden administration has decided that most Americans should get a coronavirus booster vaccination eight months after they received their second shot, and could begin offering third shots as early as mid-September, according to administration officials familiar with the discussions.

Officials are planning to announce the decision as early as this week. Their goal is to let Americans who received the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines know now that they will need additional protection against the Delta variant that is causing caseloads to surge across much of the nation. The new policy will depend on the Food and Drug Administration’s authorization of additional shots.

I've got 2 more months until I qualify for the booster. Meanwhile the idiots are still refusing their first dosage while many people in the rest of the world are anxiously awaiting their first dose.

Thanks for all the amusing derails of this thread. :D. Anyway, back to the topic...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/16/us/politics/booster-shots.html

The Biden administration has decided that most Americans should get a coronavirus booster vaccination eight months after they received their second shot, and could begin offering third shots as early as mid-September, according to administration officials familiar with the discussions.

Officials are planning to announce the decision as early as this week. Their goal is to let Americans who received the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines know now that they will need additional protection against the Delta variant that is causing caseloads to surge across much of the nation. The new policy will depend on the Food and Drug Administration’s authorization of additional shots.

I've got 2 more months until I qualify for the booster. Meanwhile the idiots are still refusing their first dosage while many people in the rest of the world are anxiously awaiting their first dose.

By then I'll be 63.
I won't wait around to see if others need the vaccine more than I do. I'll be down at the health department the day the new vaccine is available.
Tom

would the recipe for delta have to go through full testing?

I would get a delta booster but not a wild type booster.

"wild type" booster?
What does that mean?

I'm not going to wait around for the antivaxxer Trumpistas to decide if they want to be safe. I'm just going to go get the CDC recommended vaccination, which I didn't do in March.
This time, I don't care.
Tom

"wild type" booster?
What does that mean?

I'm not going to wait around for the antivaxxer Trumpistas to decide if they want to be safe. I'm just going to go get the CDC recommended vaccination, which I didn't do in March.
This time, I don't care.
Tom

from CDC
“Wild-type” refers to the strain of virus – or background strain – that contains no major mutations.

Also

https://www.biospace.com/article/racing-to-beat-the-wild-card-of-covid-19-variants/

Maybe a multistrain shot, like with the flu.

from CDC
“Wild-type” refers to the strain of virus – or background strain – that contains no major mutations.

Also

https://www.biospace.com/article/racing-to-beat-the-wild-card-of-covid-19-variants/

Maybe a multistrain shot, like with the flu.

OK.
Your attitude still doesn't make sense to me. At this point, I'll get whatever vaccination I am offered.

That's not what I did in March. I honestly believed that there would be a rush. People who wanted the vaccine wouldn't be able to get it due to short supplies. I'm very low risk, I was willing to wait.

That was then and this is now. I know I'm surrounded by low information antivaxxers who don't even want it. As soon as the new vaccination, made necessary by the covidiots, is available I'll pack my m-i-l in the car and go get it.
Tom

Back
Top Bottom