• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

It depends if the order is practical or not.

. In this case, the order IS practical so that's a red herring.

OK, let's hear it. How is the order practical? Are there free testing centres or plans for making this possible?
Why do you ask a question you'll discard the answer to immediately or shift the goalposts?

For the record, based on how the rules are written, yes. A person can go to just about any Pharmacy and get a test. If the rules were for every business, it'd get more muddled in rural areas, but in general, 100+ are large companies in urban or suburban locations. These places are saturated with Pharmacies.

It depends if the order is practical or not.

. In this case, the order IS practical so that's a red herring.

OK, let's hear it. How is the order practical? Are there free testing centres or plans for making this possible?

Getting a vaccine is extremely easy and free. Therefore, it's practical. If they don't want to do this easy, free thing, that is on them. At this point...anyway. People have had time and opportunity to make their way through the propaganda and should have now been able to discard their conservative, religious, or cult leaders' lies. So rational adults should be vaxxed now.

Also, getting tested is extremely easy. To my knowledge tests are currently free:
Department of Health and Human Services said:
COVID-19 tests are available at no cost nationwide at health centers and select pharmacies. The Families First Coronavirus Response Act ensures that COVID-19 testing is free to anyone in the U.S., including the uninsured. Additional testing sites may be available in your area. Contact your health care provider or your state or local public health department for more information.
https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/community-based-testing-sites/index.html

They are also all over the place at popular pharmacies like Rite Aid, Walgreens, and CVS. Then they are also at labs like Quest Diagnostics. It's super easy.

I don't know if the system has been stressed with weekly simultaneous testing from a gazillion crazy people, though, yet. Perhaps the tests might not be free at some point in the future because of that. To add- I don't think they OUGHT to be free for every week for dumbasses who don't want to be vaxxed. When you do something stupid over and over and over (like refusing to get vaxxed), you should suffer the logical consequences. The government should not prop you up for repeated stupidity. I don't mind the beginnings of it--like everyone makes mistakes and has bad luck, but stupidity and laziness over and over and over are not something to support. That isn't fascism--it's LIFE.

Finally, this is a giant red herring. It doesn't make it fascism.

Republicans don’t seem to mind imposing restrictions like voter IDs without any government support to assist people in obtaining those IDs, so I find their complaints that the government isn’t making the tests even easier to obtain ringing hollow.

Why do you ask a question you'll discard the answer to immediately or shift the goalposts?

For the record, based on how the rules are written, yes. A person can go to just about any Pharmacy and get a test. If the rules were for every business, it'd get more muddled in rural areas, but in general, 100+ are large companies in urban or suburban locations. These places are saturated with Pharmacies.

It's not shifting goalposts. My original subthread about this was a QUESTION. I didn't call Biden a fascist unless this order was accompanied by unsavory parts. That's why I asked.

My original critique was against BBC News and their reporting of the presidential order. There wasn't enough information in the article to evaluate whether it was a good order or not.

Thanks for clarifying.

Other than children, who aren't yet eligible for vaccinations and in most cases, not truly positioned to make their own choices yet, I'm pretty much rooting for COVID at this point. It's overwhelmingly targeting, and killing, unvaccinated morons who have fiercely resisted a safe, effective, free, widely available safety net, for myriad stupid reasons, each more insanely ignorant than the last, and LONG past the lamely-offered "I need time for more information" misdirect.

Fuck 'em.

Early on, I distinctly remember the prevailing thought from Trump's inner circle (notably, Jared Kushner) that as long as COVID-19 was predominantly erasing an inner-city, minority, largely Liberal demographic...uh, let's maybe tap the brakes on curing this thing--might not be the worst thing ever if this is allowed to run its course a bit longer, if you know what I mean.

Yes, I do know what they meant, and now I'll return the sentiment.

The Delta variant currently seems to be functioning primarily as a way to rid the country of its most passionately Trumpy mouthbreathers living at the intersection of Conservative and Stupid, and whether or not it's socially acceptable/polite/responsible to say it out loud, those fuckers can't die fast enough for me.

Other than children, who aren't yet eligible for vaccinations and in most cases, not truly positioned to make their own choices yet, I'm pretty much rooting for COVID at this point. It's overwhelmingly targeting, and killing, unvaccinated morons who have fiercely resisted a safe, effective, free, widely available safety net, for myriad stupid reasons, each more insanely ignorant than the last, and LONG past the lamely-offered "I need time for more information" misdirect.

Fuck 'em.

Early on, I distinctly remember the prevailing thought from Trump's inner circle (notably, Jared Kushner) that as long as COVID-19 was predominantly erasing an inner-city, minority, largely Liberal demographic...uh, let's maybe tap the brakes on curing this thing--might not be the worst thing ever if this is allowed to run its course a bit longer, if you know what I mean.

Yes, I do know what they meant, and now I'll return the sentiment.

The Delta variant currently seems to be functioning primarily as a way to rid the country of its most passionately Trumpy mouthbreathers living at the intersection of Conservative and Stupid, and whether or not it's socially acceptable/polite/responsible to say it out loud, those fuckers can't die fast enough for me.

Those fuckers can't die fast enough for me either. What we need is a more deadly variant. The problem is that forms that kill their host tend not to proliferate.
Maybe "the lab in Wuhan" can come up with something?

I went to Harbor Freight yesterday to pick up some tools needed to fix my car. I wore my mask. I was the only one except for the cashier.

I went to Harbor Freight yesterday to pick up some tools needed to fix my car. I wore my mask. I was the only one except for the cashier.

Ya I was pretty annoyed Sunday when I went to the supermarket. The town it's in has an indoor mask mandate. (Massachusetts currently leaving it to localities on mask mandates.)

About 20% of shoppers are unmasked despite the mask mandate and I saw quite a few employees with the mask down below the nose or even below the mouth.

I confronted the store manager and he said he would not do anything about the customers. Not even hand them a mask. I complained to the Town Board of Health that issues these mandates.

Ya I was pretty annoyed Sunday when I went to the supermarket. The town it's in has an indoor mask mandate. (Massachusetts currently leaving it to localities on mask mandates.)

About 20% of shoppers are unmasked despite the mask mandate and I saw quite a few employees with the mask down below the nose or even below the mouth.

I confronted the store manager and he said he would not do anything about the customers. Not even hand them a mask. I complained to the Town Board of Health that issues these mandates.

We have no mask mandates here but the store had a sign asking customers to wear a mask so I did.

I went to Harbor Freight yesterday to pick up some tools needed to fix my car. I wore my mask. I was the only one except for the
cashier.

Good thing to know that those other customers are well protected from your infection.

I used to wear dust masks when cutting brush, moving dirt etc.
Now, thanks to the pandemic I have lots of KN95 masks and they work way better. No sinus irritation!

Yay, pandemic... :confused:

"The Clots Were The Size Of Pancakes"-Texas Embalmer Opens Up About Covid Horrors.

We get bodies out of ICU regularly, but not in the condition that these COVID bodies are in.

These folks were so swollen they were completely unrecognizable. We were also getting sent a lot of people who had died from COVID in nursing homes back at that time, and many of them had not been dead very long at all. Generally when we embalm, we utilize a major artery to inject the embalming fluid and we use its adjoining vein for drainage. The blood tends to settle out because it’s no longer flowing and it’ll gravitate to the dependent part of the body. The longer a body sits, the more blood clots that they develop. I was having people that had only been dead for a few hours and there were major clotting issues. The clots were the size of pancakes ― you never, never see those with someone who didn’t die of COVID.

Many of the people who were in the ICU were on ventilators, and they put adhesive patches on their cheeks. They can easily become septic and they drip that septic saliva on the sides of their faces and the skin in that area gets infected. We were literally receiving bodies with huge lesions on their cheeks or [patches that had gone] gangrene. The sad part is the families of these people, at that point, hadn’t been allowed to see their loved ones during the several weeks that they were in the ICU. So the body comes out in an almost unrecognizable condition, and then you have to explain to their family that their loved one doesn’t look anything like what they should.

A California couple died of Covid-19 weeks apart, orphaning 5 young children including a newborn

Davy Macias, a Southern California labor and delivery nurse, was seven months pregnant with her fifth child in early August when she was hospitalized with Covid-19. Daniel Macias also contracted the virus.

Doctors helped Davy Macias, 37, deliver the newborn early by Cesarean section while she was intubated, but she died before she could meet her baby.

Daniel Macias, 38, was being treated in the same hospital when he learned about the birth of his daughter. Nurses showed him photos of the baby, before he too died from complications of the virus less than two weeks later, leaving the newborn girl without parents or a name.

The couple was unvaccinated and died on August 26 and September 9, respectively, leaving behind children ranging in age from 3 weeks to 8 years old, Macias told CNN on Monday.

"It wasn't that they didn't want to be vaccinated -- they planned on it," she said. She was adamant that this was a personal choice and each wanted to learn more about its safety prior to being inoculated.

Wow. Sad. These people were tricked by propaganda and misinformation so they were skeptics and lost their lives.

They are not overwhelming the hospitals. Did you forget that point? It's central to the entire issue. Maybe pay attention better.

Nonsense. Those hospitalized overwhelmingly have co-morbidities, like obesity. If people actually cared about public health it would be the focus of discussion/prevention. But such talk is verboten.

Yes, I noticed that a lot of the hospitalized anti-vaxxers were fat, which makes their resistance to getting vaccinated all the more puzzling. So yeah, the fat mature unvaccinated should be put at the end of the line for ICU care. Of course some co-morbidities, like type 1 diabetes or many forms of cancer are not at all the responsibility of the individual.

WEIGHT is often not the responsibility of the individual, unless you include genetics.

Yes, I noticed that a lot of the hospitalized anti-vaxxers were fat, which makes their resistance to getting vaccinated all the more puzzling. So yeah, the fat mature unvaccinated should be put at the end of the line for ICU care. Of course some co-morbidities, like type 1 diabetes or many forms of cancer are not at all the responsibility of the individual.

WEIGHT is often not the responsibility of the individual, unless you include genetics.

I am the fat spitting image of my German grandfather. I never got to meet him. He and my mom's sister were killed in a car accident before I was born.

Eating processed foods and carbs throughout the day and neglecting exercise is a choice. Don’t make that choice.

E-6-wHQXsAYWatJ

Eating processed foods and carbs throughout the day and neglecting exercise is a choice. Don’t make that choice.
Empty posturing. I know what right-wingers thought about Michelle Obama and school-lunch contents. I remember Sarah Palin's defense of junk food. That is because that seems to me to be agreeing with Michelle Obama and the granolas and the health-food nuts.

Back
Top Bottom