• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

So what's the current situation with C19? I think in spring they were predicting rise in the fall.
Wouldn't it be interesting if Covid dies out completely.

So what's the current situation with C19? I think in spring they were predicting rise in the fall.
It is rising in the US right now. It is endemic. Will almost certainly remain so.

US, it had a peak during the summer and currently is declining.

There's no realistic way it's dying out, any more than any other disease with wild hosts dies out.

We have killed smallpox--effective vaccine, no animal host.
We should have killed polio by now, but the Islamists do not want their people getting any good from the west. And polio is tricky--there are two vaccines, the attenuated-virus one, quite effective but very occasionally reverts. (Which is what happened in Gaza.) And we have a killed virus one that isn't as effective but it's still good enough to keep R0 below 1 in a vaccinated population. Thus in areas where polio is actually an issue they use the attenuated-virus vaccine. As polio is extirpated they should switch to the killed virus version--it's good enough to contain an outbreak if a case is imported and can't revert.
There's some livestock disease we nailed, I forget what. Again, no wild host.
And the Covid lockdown appears to (it hasn't been declared extinct yet, but they're omitting it from flu shots now because of the risk in creating the vaccine) have gotten one clade of flu. Once again, no wild host. The clades with wild hosts have not been killed.

Got my booster today

Can't have too many boosters!

I tested positive for covid a few weeks ago. Only bothersome symptom was fatigue and tiredness, runny nose, nothing too troubling. I haven't had a covid shot/booster for a couple of years at least.

I have heard of quite a few people getting covid lately.

Got my booster today
The elderly get flu boosters annually, which target several coronaviruses. The Covid shot is just a flu booster for a specific virus. It's sad you don't get it by this point. You still seem to think this is a political thing, when it is a medical thing.
I tested positive for covid a few weeks ago. Only bothersome symptom was fatigue and tiredness, runny nose, nothing too troubling. I haven't had a covid shot/booster for a couple of years at least.
And you probably don't need it.
It is a highly contagious virus... you remember that right? Omicron spread across planet in a month or two. The vaccine generally only seems to help with complications upon contraction, which is helpful for the elderly.

Got my booster today
The elderly get flu boosters annually, which target several coronaviruses. The Covid shot is just a flu booster for a specific virus. It's sad you don't get it by this point. You still seem to think this is a political thing, when it is a medical thing.

I get a flu shot every year (y)

No, I don't think I do. Which I why I don't bother.

It is a highly contagious virus... you remember that right? Omicron spread across planet in a month or two. The vaccine generally only seems to help with complications upon contraction, which is helpful for the elderly.

Captain obvious has entered the chat. Tell me captain, is grass green?

Got infected with COVID last Wednesday again. This time it was even "milder" than the second time. But still, not common cold. Two shitty nights and day between them, then almost fine.
In fact, I don't even remember the last time getting common cold as an adult.

Got my booster today

I get a flu shot every year (y)
So, you are juat bored and are intentionally posting ridiculous contradicting opinions.

No, I don't think I do. Which I why I don't bother.
But you get the flu shot. Which has a lower risk.

Captain obvious has entered the chat. Tell me captain, is grass green?
You seem to be complaining about the boosters existing. But as noted, you clearly are just bored.

I'm a gold star vaxxer. I have gotten all the different covid vaccines available in the US, including now the Novavax one. That one has been reported to have milder side effects than the other ones, and that was the case for me. I have always had bad arm pain and flu symptoms for at least the first two days with the prior ones, but with Novavax, I had barely any arm pain and only very mild fatigue and aches.

If you don't like the side effects, look into doctor recommended Novavax.

I'm a gold star vaxxer. I have gotten all the different covid vaccines available in the US, including now the Novavax one. That one has been reported to have milder side effects than the other ones, and that was the case for me. I have always had bad arm pain and flu symptoms for at least the first two days with the prior ones, but with Novavax, I had barely any arm pain and only very mild fatigue and aches.

If you don't like the side effects, look into doctor recommended Novavax.

Arm pain lasted a couple of days. Pick the arm you don't sleep on...

The arm pain is caused by the tracking chips. Novavax uses the new miniaturized ones that can’t even be seen under a microscope.
I have never been able to detect the presence of the tracking chip in any of my vaccinations.

That Bill Gates is incredibly cunning; Imagine being able to make complex electronics that are totally undetectable!

The arm pain is caused by the tracking chips. Novavax uses the new miniaturized ones that can’t even be seen under a microscope.
I have never been able to detect the presence of the tracking chip in any of my vaccinations.

But once Bill activates it you’ll know for sure!

That Bill Gates is incredibly cunning; Imagine being able to make complex electronics that are totally undetectable!
The fact that you can’t see it is proof of how well he has hidden it.

Back
Top Bottom