• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

CPAC - the Coup Continues

"I like that CPAC is just one letter away from a breathing machine." - Dana Goldberg

So what are we going to do about Design Foundry, the Democrat-run Woman-run Biden-supporting firm that designed the Odal rune stage?

They claim it was a pure coincidence, but this is CPAC.

Do you have proof she's a democrat because I'm not finding that?

So what are we going to do about Design Foundry, the Democrat-run Woman-run Biden-supporting firm that designed the Odal rune stage?

Not "proof" but here's at least one real person claiming so:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1366981303598374917

I would be surprised if there was no input from CPAC on the stage design.

Stage Design Company: "Ok, so you want us to build you a stage, what should it look like?"
CPAC: "Very patriotic, a lot of red whit and blue, with stars. Oh, and could you incorporate this into the design somehow?" Draws odal rune.
SDC: Has no idea what an odal rune is, "Sure, we could even make the entire stage in that shape, if you want, it would really put the speakers out front if we orient it this direction..."

Stage Design Company: "Ok, so you want us to build you a stage, what should it look like?"
CPAC: "Very patriotic, a lot of red whit and blue, with stars. Oh, and could you incorporate this into the design somehow?" Draws odal rune.
SDC: Has no idea what an odal rune is, "Sure, we could even make the entire stage in that shape, if you want, it would really put the speakers out front if we orient it this direction..."

From my reading, the design company submitted several designs and CPAC had free choice of which to pick.

The design was odd, but certainly not the most disturbing part of CPAC, by a long shot.

Frankly, if I had seen that design alone I would never have associated it with Nazi Germany and I'm a bit of a WWII history buff. That not to say that the people at CPAC and their fascist followers might have made the connection. The radical right is pretty keen in secret symbols. But I would not assume an intent without evidence of intent.

"No evidence whatsoever, but here are a thousand Republican politicians with ALLEGATIONS of massive voter fraud ..."
Sheesh.
ACU officials signed off on the stage after being presented with several other options, a source familiar with the negotiations told Mediaite. One of mock-ups, obtained by Mediaite, had a more circular design, with red bench-style seating in the form of a semi-circle behind the podium.
c1TyrWb2.jpg

Design Foundry was told by ACU general counsel David Safavian and other ACU brass on a Monday afternoon call that if it didn’t release a statement by 10 a.m. Tuesday copping to the stage design, ACU would release their own statement blaming the firm.
Safavian, who is fresh from a pardon courtesy of President Donald Trump for a 2005 arrest, also threatened to take legal action against the stage company, sources said.
[link]

Yeah, sounds like the Republicans were exactly as innocent of this as the have always been, of using racist and fascist symbols whenever they think they can get away with it.
Let's not forget the Antifa flags being waved by the insurrectionists on Jan 6, either.

Capitol-Breach-Civil-War.jpg

I'm a real person. And I hereby proclaim that J842P shot JFK. So jail him now... skip the trial - a REAL person said so.

You've posted some goofy stuff, but this is right up there.

A woman owned firm designed a stage that the client was happy with. And you've got a problem with that!

You're a hoot.
Tom

A woman owned firm designed a stage that the client was happy with. And you've got a problem with that!

You're a hoot.
Tom

Not to mention that not everyone knows the meanings of the Elder Futhark, nor the history of how Nazis appropriated it.

If it had been a swastika, I bet they would have said NO, but Odal? It's a dog-whistle. Not everyone can pick out such lofty tones on first listen.

You're a hoot.
Tom

Not to mention that not everyone knows the meanings of the Elder Futhark, nor the history of how Nazis appropriated it.

If it had been a swastika, I bet they would have said NO, but Odal? It's a dog-whistle. Not everyone can pick out such lofty tones on first listen.

I'm not so sure. Small businesses can't get too judgemental about customers wishes as long as they'll pay.

In my many many years as a custom frame shop owner, I've worked with some pieces I considered appalling imagery. Back around 2007, I framed a rather expensive print. It depicted Bush II behind the presidential podium in prayer. Behind him were the slightly ghostly images of Washington and Lincoln, with their arms on Bush's shoulders looking somber. Behind all three was the figure of Jesus, arms outstretched around them, looking upwards to Heaven.

The customer got all teary eyed as she ordered a highly profitable frame job. She remarked, "Doesn't it just make you want to cry?". As I toted up her bill I thought, "Yeah. But probably for different reasons than you." What I said was, "And it's on beautiful paper. That'll be 176.27, with tax."
Tom

I'm not so sure. Small businesses can't get too judgemental about customers wishes as long as they'll pay.
Um, my company has about 120,000 employees all over the world. We do the same thing. If the Admiral learns the Fleet refers to the document named "Principles of Operation" as "the POO," he does not have to live with that shit.

You're a hoot.
Tom

I believe Jason is referring sarcastically to the response by many that the stage was a Neo-Nazi symbol.

I believe Jason is referring sarcastically to the response by many that the stage was a Neo-Nazi symbol.

No shit, Sherlock?
Do you think Jason is deaf to such dog whistles too?
Sarcasm is Jason’s only defense in most cases.

No shit, Sherlock?

HaVe A sEnSe oF HuMor WhY dONt YoU?

You're a hoot.
Tom

We're kinda up against Poe's Law here. It's impossible to tell, for sure, the difference between satire and sarcasm versus ill-informed sincerity.

I'm relatively new to TFT, so maybe I'm misjudging [MENTION=416]Jason Harvestdancer[/MENTION]; Perhaps he's a top shelf satirist, and it's me that's ill-informed.

Perhaps.
Tom

We're kinda up against Poe's Law here. It's impossible to tell, for sure, the difference between satire and sarcasm versus ill-informed sincerity.

I'm relatively new to TFT, so maybe I'm misjudging [MENTION=416]Jason Harvestdancer[/MENTION]; Perhaps he's a top shelf satirist, and it's me that's ill-informed.

I am confident that JH thinks that is the case. I am equally sure that no one here agrees with him.

No shit, Sherlock?

HaVe A sEnSe oF HuMor WhY dONt YoU?

Ok then -

Do you think Jason is deaf to such dog whistles too? :hysterical:
It's really FUNNY that sarcasm is Jason’s only defense in most cases.

:D

Back
Top Bottom