• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

CPAC - the Coup Continues

So what are we going to do about Design Foundry, the Democrat-run Woman-run Biden-supporting firm that designed the Odal rune stage?

They claim it was a pure coincidence, but this is CPAC.

You've posted some goofy stuff, but this is right up there.

A woman owned firm designed a stage that the client was happy with. And you've got a problem with that!

You're a hoot.
Tom

Not to mention that not everyone knows the meanings of the Elder Futhark, nor the history of how Nazis appropriated it.

If it had been a swastika, I bet they would have said NO, but Odal? It's a dog-whistle. Not everyone can pick out such lofty tones on first listen.

It's funny how good you in particular are at picking up dog whistles.

I'd say "only dogs can hear dog whistles" but apparently that attracts my stalker.

HaVe A sEnSe oF HuMor WhY dONt YoU?

Ok then -

Do you think Jason is deaf to such dog whistles too? :hysterical:
It's really FUNNY that sarcasm is Jason’s only defense in most cases.

A firm owned by a Biden supporter made a Nazi symbol, and you think it is funny? Try being serious. What should be done about this form and its Biden-supporting owner making a Nazi symbol?

This is too big an offense for mere cancellation. This requires real consequences.

A firm owned by a Biden supporter made a Nazi symbol, and you think it is funny? Try being serious. What should be done about this form and its Biden-supporting owner making a Nazi symbol?

This is too big an offense for mere cancellation. This requires real consequences.

I'm not sure why you think the problem is the design firm. I'd guess that 95% of American people wouldn't recognize that rather obscure symbol, I certainly didn't. I'm gathering that it's one of those symbols that far predate Nazism, but was co-opted like the swastika. Perhaps the correct term in that sentence isn't even "co-opted", but "perverted".

I see the problem here as the group itself, not the firm hired to design a setting for some event. What consequences do you consider appropriate for CPAC?
Tom

ETA ~It's you that's funny. Not the group or issue.~

I'm not sure why you think the problem is the design firm.
He doesn't. He's attacking liberal cancel culture, saying they shoot the messengers, the messenger's Uber driver, any bystanders, just throw blame around everywhere.

He doesn't. He's attacking liberal cancel culture, saying they shoot the messengers, the messenger's Uber driver, any bystanders, just throw blame around everywhere.

And he's doing so by insisting that they behave in the way he caricatures, and thinks that their failure to do so implies hypocrisy on their part, rather than a failure to understand what they're actually doing on his part.

Liberals complain about racists being racist.

JH decides that this is because liberals complain about everyone being racist.

JH insists that they should complain just as much about some non-racist who is tangentially connected to the racism.

Liberals don't give crap the first about the non-racist.

JH has to choose either to reassess his position, which implies admitting error on his part; Or declaring their failure to act as he predicted to be hypocritical.

JH spams the thread with his unfounded claims of hypocrisy.

Liberals grow tired of that shit and put JH on 'ignore'.

It's become something of a tradition in the Political Discussions forum.

I'm not sure why you think the problem is the design firm. I'd guess that 95% of American people wouldn't recognize that rather obscure symbol, I certainly didn't. I'm gathering that it's one of those symbols that far predate Nazism, but was co-opted like the swastika. Perhaps the correct term in that sentence isn't even "co-opted", but "perverted".

I see the problem here as the group itself, not the firm hired to design a setting for some event. What consequences do you consider appropriate for CPAC?
Tom

ETA ~It's you that's funny. Not the group or issue.~

My family owns a rug that was made by Native Americans from an old tribe that used the "power" symbol that is called the swastika today. The shape was prevalent throughout the design of the rug. It has been in the family since well before WWII.. a Jewish family. During WWII, a family member carefully altered the rug with needle and thread, effectively eliminating the swastika shape where it appeared. I've seen this rug one time in my life... It was pretty unremarkable... but how the shape of the design elements were changed was pointed out to me.
I was given the impression that if the rug was unaltered it might have been worth a fortune today.

And he's doing so by insisting that they behave in the way he caricatures, and thinks that their failure to do so implies hypocrisy on their part, rather than a failure to understand what they're actually doing on his part.

Liberals complain about racists being racist.

JH decides that this is because liberals complain about everyone being racist.

JH insists that they should complain just as much about some non-racist who is tangentially connected to the racism.

Liberals don't give crap the first about the non-racist.

JH has to choose either to reassess his position, which implies admitting error on his part; Or declaring their failure to act as he predicted to be hypocritical.

JH spams the thread with his unfounded claims of hypocrisy.

Liberals grow tired of that shit and put JH on 'ignore'.

It's become something of a tradition in the Political Discussions forum.

Nah, man. He's not being serious, it's pretty obvious. He's lampooning *an actual reaction to the stage*.

As I mentioned, I've been a bit of a history buff on WWII for all of my live but I would not have recognized that symbol. I agree with TomC that few would notice that the Nazis used it at times. It certainly was not their primary symbol.

If any group involved would notice it's Nazi use it would be CPAC members. That's where a Nazis are located.

I believe Jason is referring sarcastically to the response by many that the stage was a Neo-Nazi symbol.

We're kinda up against Poe's Law here. It's impossible to tell, for sure, the difference between satire and sarcasm versus ill-informed sincerity.

I'm relatively new to TFT, so maybe I'm misjudging [MENTION=416]Jason Harvestdancer[/MENTION]; Perhaps he's a top shelf satirist, and it's me that's ill-informed.

Perhaps.
Tom

No it's pretty obvious.

As I mentioned, I've been a bit of a history buff on WWII for all of my live but I would not have recognized that symbol. I agree with TomC that few would notice that the Nazis used it at times. It certainly was not their primary symbol.

If any group involved would notice it's Nazi use it would be CPAC members. That's where a Nazis are located.

Go tell that to all the people who were saying this when it became an issue. That's the point Jason is making. It's kind of out of nowhere, because that never featured in this forum, as far as I am aware. But it was a big hullabaloo on twitter during CPAC.

Nah, man. He's not being serious, it's pretty obvious. He's lampooning *an actual reaction to the stage*.

But who is [MENTION=416]Jason Harvestdancer[/MENTION]; lampooning?

CPAC and Trump, who paid for the pricey thing? The design firm who got paid big bucks to design it? The liberals who noticed that CPAC bought a stage in the shape of an obscure Nazi symbol?

We're back to my post #98, and Poe's Law.
Tom

CPAC and Trump, who paid for the pricey thing? The design firm who got paid big bucks to design it? The liberals who noticed that CPAC bought a stage in the shape of an obscure Nazi symbol?

Tom

Very clearly, he's lampooning the liberals who said this was a Nazi dog whistle. Why is this all so hard to understand?

Tom

Very clearly, he's lampooning the liberals who said this was a Nazi dog whistle. Why is this all so hard to understand?

Perhaps I'm less inclined to believe that I can read the minds of people I disagree with?
Tom

Tom

Yeah, the loonie left is obsessed with Nazis.

I'd never heard of this Nazi symbol before Jason brought it to my attention.

Maybe he pays to much attention to the loonie left?
Tom

Tom

Jason wasn’t the one who brought it up in this thread.

Tom

Jason wasn’t the one who brought it up in this thread.
You are correct. I had to go back and look.
I just didn't notice the tempest in a teapot until Jason posted about the need for consequences. Consequences for the employee, but didn't mention the employer who bought the product. That's really what I was commenting on.

I'm guessing that Trump recognized that design more than anybody at the design firm. All I saw was an elaborate thrust stage, probably that's all the company that produced a batch of proposals saw. I have no way of knowing. But Jason thought that the designers deserved "severe consequences", or something like that. That's when I noticed.
Tom

Yeah, those loonies have a real thing for groups whose ideological history reveals their utter disregard for the lives of others, plus a strong proclivity for massive genocide, eugenics and forceful world domination by white people.
Some of those loonies even have recent ancestors (many of them white) who have died, and maybe even have living family that have been injured, trying to stop those silly Nazis from those ends.

Loonies.

Back
Top Bottom