• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Poll Dem VP Pic: your choice?

Reflecting that a poll is included in the thread.

Democratic Vice President Pick

• Josh Shapiro

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Gretchen Whimer

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Michelle Obama

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Cory Booker

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chuck Schumer

• Other?

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Eric Swalwell

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Andy Beshear

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
I confess I had my doubts about Walz but not anymore:
Because he is resorting to some sophomoric quips?

Also it is funny how the couch claims are fair game, but pointing out Kami slept with a man twice her age to get on some state boards is "misogyny". :rolleyesa:

Also it is funny how the couch claims are fair game, but pointing out Kami slept with a man twice her age to get on some state boards is "misogyny". :rolleyesa:
It is sophomoric, not accurate and very funny.

But it’s not misogynist or slut shaming.

Wasn’t understand which you find objectionable.

Cry more.

You have never demonstrated that her relatively brief relationship with Willie Brown had anything to do with her overall career arc, and your repeated slur against a relationship between a younger woman and an older man is disgusting.

And what does your Orange Turd Hero do but make personal attacks against everyone, even members of his own party? The double standards you employ are transparent and frankly revolting.

Do you keep saying "Kami" because it sounds like "Commie"? Because if so, that's pretty sophomoric.

Speaking of old/young relationships, are you fine with Trump repeatedly indicating that he’d like to fuck his own daughter?

Speaking of old/young relationships, are you fine with Trump repeatedly indicating that he’d like to fuck his own daughter?
Look, he didn't say he wanted to fuck her. He said he wanted to date her. Take her out for a nice dinner. Maybe make her sign an NDA. Totally normal behavior for a father!

The only thing I can't suss out is how he could explain the reason he asked her out is "because you remind me of my daughter."

That would be weird.

You really don’t get the difference at all, do you?

You have no idea in this world why she dated Brown.
You do know about Vance and couch because he wrote about it his ownself in a book that he published and made money on.
Men don’t face backlash against safety or career for masturbating
Women do face it for being called easy.
Vance isn’t being accused of being unqualified for masturbating.
You are indeed accusing Harris of being unqualified for dating a powerful man.
Making a joke once out of something he wrote on his own, in his own book does not reflect on other men.
Denigrating women repeatedly, reliably, over and over, at every opportunity does create an atmosphere of mysogyny.

I fell bad for you that you don’t get this, Derec. People have tried to help by answering your questions candidly and completely. But you just come back with the same complaint and the same insult and then wonder why you get the same answer.

The answer is above. One of those acts is denigrating and harmful because of all those reasons plus more that you’ve been given. The other is not the same. It must be hard to live in a world where the confusion of this irks you. I’m sorry to hear you are suffering from that.

The answer is right there above in black and white - again - if you really want to know what the differences are.

I can see that I am going to get tired of the gushing by the talking heads. Calm down! Stop the victory dancing and get to work. Atack tRump and Shady Vance with best weapons you have, the truth.

The couch thing -- I'll confess it was new to me; I had to go to Snopes to find out what it meant -- was nothing more than a flip, funny reference to an internet rumor. It will be forgotten well before we get to Nov. Contrast that with the characteristically ugly and racist tactic used by Trump to get on the political stage: Birtherism, which he told us all was real and would lead to explosive revelations.
(The post directly above, by robnisch, is straight reality. Trump needs to be tied to the 187 minutes he spent watching TV while criminals broke doors and windows and rampaged in our Capitol. Simply unbelievable that this man can be running for Pres. 4 years later. The Repubs have lost their fucking minds.)

You do know about Vance and couch because he wrote about it his ownself in a book that he published and made money on.
Making a joke once out of something he wrote on his own, in his own book does not reflect on other men.
Denigrating women repeatedly, reliably, over and over, at every opportunity does create an atmosphere of mysogyny.

I fell bad for you that you don’t get this, Derec. People have tried to help by answering your questions candidly and completely. But you just come back with the same complaint and the same insult and then wonder why you get the same answer.

The answer is above. One of those acts is denigrating and harmful because of all those reasons plus more that you’ve been given. The other is not the same. It must be hard to live in a world where the confusion of this irks you. I’m sorry to hear you are suffering from that.

The answer is right there above in black and white - again - if you really want to know what the differences are.
I have to make a slight correction: Vance did NOT write about masturbating in his book. That is a fabrication that went viral on Twitter.

But it IS extremely funny.

I have to make a slight correction: Vance did NOT write about masturbating in his book. That is a fabrication that went viral on Twitter.

And believable.

And believable.
More to the point, it's turning the right wing's tactics against them.

They invent something out of whole cloth (the idea that Biden is a pedophile because he put his hands on a young girl's shoulders, for example) and run with it. It's obviously false, but they keep pushing the falsehood. "Pedo Joe" and "Creepy Joe Biden." The Democrats try to fight it by being honest, but to no avail.

Turnabout is fair play. Did JD Guyliner fuck a couch? No, but it's gained enough traction to where a VP pick can make a joke about it and get a huge laugh at a rally.

The difference is that the right is dead serious even though they know the narrative they're pushing is false, while the Democrats are like "we know this is bullshit, but we're going with it because it triggers you. Also, you're weird."

After watching a bit of Shapiro's speech at today's rally, I was thinking "did they make a mistake here?"

Nah...Walz is killing it. That was a helluva speech. No mistake was made.

Shapiro gave a fiery speech that rallied up the base but did very little to appeal to less partisan voters. It did appeal to me, but the contrast with Walz's speech also brought down the house with a different vibe. Walz has a real potential to bring in moderate Republicans and independents. Not only is his optimism infectious, but he sells progressive ideas in a way that can appeal to everyone. What makes Walz particularly good is that his speeches use humor to poke fun at his political opponents and still inspire people to treat each other with a sense of respect and shared values. I can understand why a deeply red political district would reelect him to Congress repeatedly as a Democrat, when they had had only one elected Democrat since the 19th century. After he left Congress, the district flipped back to red. His biography is full of amazing achievements, including coaching a record losing football team to become state champions in just one year. And, as a high school coach, he volunteered to be faculty advisor to an LGBT club. Kamala Harris delivered a superb account of his lifetime achievements.

Thank you for the correction. It does make a difference, in my mind, that he didn’t write it. That would make me unwilling to repeat it, personally.

The facts for Derec’s edification remain salient, though. This kind of story does not create broad harm to men by the retelling, even when it’s false, as the false bit about Harris does to women.

Last edited:

Thank you for the correction. It does make a difference, in my mind, that he didn’t write it. That would make me unwilling to repeat it, personally.

The facts for Derec’s edification remain salient, though. This kind of story does not create broad harm to men by the retelling, even when it’s false, as the bit about Harris does to women.

Now all men are going to be painted as couch fuckers! This is what the Left wants!

(Kidding)...

Back
Top Bottom