• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democrats 2020

Whatever one might think about UBI, at least Yang has found a unique issue that defines his campaign. Compare and contrast with somebody like Kamala Harris.

You've got a good point there. Most of them have very little to separate them from each other. Yang has UBI. Gabbard has world peace. The rest are practically the same as each other with Warren campaigning on "vagina."

Inveterate racist Peter King's resignation was the perfect catalyst to demonstrate the vast divide between the old Democratic party:

[Chuck Shumer being reasonable and courteous toward a colleague]
And the new Democratic party:

[Ilhan Omar being her insufferable self]

If Ilhan Omar is the "new Democratic Party" then good night. Criticizing Islam, even strongly, is not "Islamophobia". Saying that Eric Garner is partly responsible for his own death is just factual - he should not have resisted arrest, especially when he knew he was in poor health and had a dicky ticker.

I guess this is "new Democratic Party" and "Millennial mindset" as well:
OmarTweet.png

Aawww, poor Derec. You sound like a housewife jealous of the much more successful neighbor wife.

Not "jealous", but baffles Sanders wants to give her a White House position when she is not even qualified for the position she lucked into now.

I calls 'em as I sees 'em, Karen.

At this point I have to wonder, what does Bloomberg hope to accomplish? At best, in the primary, he splits the never-Bernie vote and helps him or Warren get the nomination. Other than that, who could he realistically appeal to? We have a billionaire in the race already, believe it or not, and his name is Tom Steyer. And he's just as much of a mayonnaise jar as Bloomberg, and nobody likes him.

Bloomberg at least has political experience. He was a three term mayor of a polity bigger than all but 11 most populous states.

I agree that he could split the Biden vote and inadvertently help Warren.

This may be a game changer. Hopefully he does decide to run and bury the present truckload of clowns and wackos such as Sanders and Warren.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-bloomberg-idUSKBN1XH2X0

But we already have an "elect me because I'm a billionaire and can buy ad time" candidate. If it's not working for Steyer, why would it work for him?

Bloomberg served as the 108th Mayor of New York City, holding office for three consecutive terms, beginning his first in 2001. Is the reason why it could work for him.

Oh, since he was the 108th mayor of NYC, well then... that's completely irrelevant.

dunning-kruger-chart you are here.jpg

‘Desus & Mero’: Bernie Sanders on Obscene Sneaker Prices – Rolling Stone
noting
Bernie Sanders on Weed, AOC & Cardi B | Extended Interview | DESUS & MERO - YouTube
Among the things we learned, from this interview, that Bernie is not a fan of: the Brooklyn Nets, the Brooklyn Dodgers moving to L.A. in 1957 (“It really was enormously upsetting to the people of Brooklyn and New York”), Fortnite, and paying more than “$45, $50 bucks” for sneakers.

“This is a status thing?” Sander asked, after failing to guess the retail price for an Off-White x Nike Air Jordan 1. “I really do not like that idea — people paying $4,500 bucks…

Bernie, on the other hand, happily endorses: old movies, Bronx Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, Killer Mike, Cardi B (“A lot of entertainment stars, these folks make zillions of dollars a year and a lot of them don’t have the guts to speak out on important issues, they don’t want to antagonize this group — ‘Republicans buy sneakers,’ etcetera, etcetera — but Cardi B has”), a solid pair of New Balances, and legalizing cannabis.
Cardi B?
Bernie x Cardi B - YouTube - a conversation
Cardi B on Bernie Sanders, Raising Her Daughter, and Coordinating Outfits with Offset | Vogue - YouTube

I am still amazed that the first openly gay guy running for the Presidency is named booty judge. Is almost as cool as Barack HUSSEIN Obama.

Are you still going to play the "I'm not a conservative" game.

I think you are more of a conservative than I am. Weren't you for Hillary instead of Bernie? I'm liberal even for a Canadian. I've never voted for the conservatives and even voted Green a couple of times.

Aawww, poor Derec. You sound like a housewife jealous of the much more successful neighbor wife.

Not "jealous", but baffles Sanders wants to give her a White House position when she is not even qualified for the position she lucked into now.

It makes political sense if not practical sense. She's gained quite a following and has supported him since before she did. Makes sense that he'd put her over now.

Whatever one might think about UBI, at least Yang has found a unique issue that defines his campaign. Compare and contrast with somebody like Kamala Harris.

You've got a good point there. Most of them have very little to separate them from each other. Yang has UBI. Gabbard has world peace. The rest are practically the same as each other with Warren campaigning on "vagina."

Williamson had something. :) I miss her on the stage. She was a fun break from the others bickering and jockeying for position. She said she'll take on Trump's hate with Love. What's not to like.

I calls 'em as I sees 'em, Karen.

.... awww that's not goading at all. Some people get "infractions" for this sort of childish goading. Others are immune.

Oh, since he was the 108th mayor of NYC, well then... that's completely irrelevant.

[irrelevant Dunning-Kruger]

I do not get the point of the DK chart - are you sure you have not inadvertently described yourself? I mean, you do seem confident. :)

Angelo's point was simply that Michael Bloomberg was not just a random billionaire like Tom Steyer. He actually held an elected office and if fact was an executive of a city with a population bigger than most of the states. Certainly if a mayor of a city of 100k can be on that stage, why not a mayor of a city of 8.8M?

Peace, war, foreign policy, those are completely irrelevant when choosing a Commander In Chief of the United States Military.
It was a joke because "world peace" is the stereotypical answer for Miss X pageant contestants.
View attachment 24831
Of course: war, peace, foreign policy, military spending (and earning, through arms sales) are all important issues for any prospective CinC.
It was just your cliched wording of "world peace" that made me lol.

It makes political sense if not practical sense. She's gained quite a following and has supported him since before she did. Makes sense that he'd put her over now.
I agree. I understand why Sanders is doing it. I just don't think she can meaningfully contribute other than to mix Manhattans and Sex on the Beach for White House visitors. Or did #metoo put a kibosh on the latter cocktail?

[irrelevant Dunning-Kruger]

I do not get the point of the DK chart - are you sure you have not inadvertently described yourself? I mean, you do seem confident. :)

Angelo's point was simply that Michael Bloomberg was not just a random billionaire like Tom Steyer. He actually held an elected office and if fact was an executive of a city with a population bigger than most of the states. Certainly if a mayor of a city of 100k can be on that stage, why not a mayor of a city of 8.8M?

Hey, Tom Steyer was not just any billionaire, he was the 108th billionaire of California.

But I have to concede you're so right about the significance of being NYC mayor, just ask President Rudy and President de Blasio.

Wait, "mayor of a major city" gets you in? Someone tell London Breed, stat!

It's not that it gets you in but that having been an elected official makes you more than just some random billionaire.
As to London Breed, San Francisco has a population about 1/10 that of NYC. Also, I suggest she solve the public defecation problem plaguing SF before she eyes any higher office. But I fear that job will be like the Fifth Labor of Hercules. ;)

Back
Top Bottom