• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democrats 2020

Oh jeez, why do people keep going for New York mayors? I hate New York mayors, they are terrible people.
As people have pointed out, Cuomo is NY governor, not NYC mayor. That said, NYC mayors sometimes run for president because it's an executive position in charge of a polity more populous than about 3/4 of the states.

Being a New York mayor is not a qualification for the White House,
Given NYC's population and economic importance I would say it is. And was Bloomberg 5 years younger and more aggressive in dealing with unfair attacks by Warren, I think he would have been the presumptive nominee today.

[You know who should be president? London Breed.
LMAO! SF is a much smaller city, with only about 1/10 of the population of NYC.
But more importantly, SF is a major league mess. Breed can't even tackle sidewalk poopers, so how should we expect her to deal with all the problems facing US as a whole?
Feces on San Francisco sidewalks appears to be getting worse report says

Because in her city, tens of thousands of people didn't have to die in the first place, nor did she mawk for the national cameras while the crisis was ongoing. Ten. They had ten deaths in a city just a stone's throw away from one of the original points of outbreak and one of the busiest airports in the country. That's competence. But no, when we're stressed out as a nation we need some windbag old guy with bad hair and a NY accent to tell us we're going to prevail in vague abstract terms, not someone who will buckle down and quietly do what needs to be done.
What do you think Breed did to tackle the crisis concretely? Again, SF is a mess in so many ways that I think it was just dumb luck and warmer weather that the crisis in California is not as bad as NY.

New York blowhards, don't need 'em.
Quite bigoted, that.

Hell yeah. Fuck New York, they're like a conman version of California. "Selected Shorts" may think that American literature began and ended in Greenwich Village, but I have been there and it is not as cool as it thinks it is. (Upstate NY is lovely, mind, they can stay)

What do you think Breed did to tackle the crisis concretely? Again, SF is a mess in so many ways that I think it was just dumb luck and warmer weather that the crisis in California is not as bad as NY.
We shut down, immediately and completely.

Hell yeah. Fuck New York, they're like a conman version of California. "Selected Shorts" may think that American literature began and ended in Greenwich Village, but I have been there and it is not as cool as it thinks it is. (Upstate NY is lovely, mind, they can stay)

This rant is unusual for you. Sore spot?

Places like Greenwich Village have been gentrified out of their bohemianess for quite a while. Doesn’t make the tradition meaningless, only remote.

Yeah, New Yorkers aren't nearly as bad as those fucks from Northern Jersey. Fuckers think they be New Yorkers. More annoying than Freshman in High School thinking they all that and shit.

;)

More drama llama.

Bloomberg-Owned Firm Bids to Take Over Biden’s Campaign

That's Hawkfish, and it is advertising itself to several politicians' campaigns.
... opening up the possibility of Bloomberg gaining significant control over the party’s technology and data infrastructure.

The digital consulting firm has had little political experience outside of the Bloomberg campaign, a trial by fire in which the former New York City mayor burned through nearly $1 billion in less than four months. Hawkfish, which Bloomberg founded in 2019 to be the operational backbone of his campaign, is not yet able to sell its track record or quality of service, since it has no other major clients and few, if any, minor ones.

But instead it comes with other enticements to clients. Democratic operatives who’ve been pitched by Hawkfish say that the firm is able to offer extraordinarily low prices by operating at a loss subsidized by Bloomberg, whose wealth dangles as an added benefit that could come with signing the firm.
In effect, predatory pricing. Mike Bloomberg would end up buying control over the Democratic Party if he gets what he wants.

Then
Ryan Grim on Twitter: "This is a bigger deal than you might think. NEWS: Mike Bloomberg’s firm that ran his presidential campaign is bidding to take over Joe Biden’s [url]https://t.co/SpzNX4jcQd by [MENTION=420]ryan[/MENTION]grim" / Twitter[/url]
and
Ryan Grim on Twitter: "No final decision has been made, and the Biden campaign is being pressured in both directions on whether to sign on with Hawkfish" / Twitter

Then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "This is a bad idea. A really bad one, on multiple levels - for starters, it threatens the integrity of Dem voter data & puts Nov prospects in hands of a shady firm w/ a failed track record. Plenty of orgs bid for contracts.
I hope there is enough good sense to reject this one. https://t.co/8kRIog03YM" / Twitter

Seriously though, where the hell is Joe Biden? His main opposition just folded, and I don't see him in front of a camera saying something profound about healing divisions and moving forward. I know there are still a few good speechwriters in DC. So why am I not seeing his face on the television screen, except as a recycled still shot to decorate puff pieces about old rape allegations and "unfair" campaign ads by the Trump team that his spokesmen are deflecting instead of him? If he's such a damn expert politician, why his he screwing the pooch on an important tone-setting moment, of any campaign? If he's quarantined, great. Give us a live blog from his living room, showing proper social distancing and washing his hands to show that at least one of the candidates does science. Jesus, do something to catch the American public's attention. Whatever you think about how things should be, the truth is that the American electorate will not vote for someone solely on the basis of who they aren't, the winning candidate has got to do or say something noteworthy if they're going to get airtime in our media-entertainment complex.

He's my candidate now, whether I like it or not, and it pisses me off that he's blowing off the campaigning to do god knows what else. As far as I know, he's unemployed?

Seriously though, where the hell is Joe Biden? His main opposition just folded, and I don't see him in front of a camera saying something profound about healing divisions and moving forward. I know there are still a few good speechwriters in DC. So why am I not seeing his face on the television screen, except as a recycled still shot to decorate puff pieces about old rape allegations and "unfair" campaign ads by the Trump team that his spokesmen are deflecting instead of him? If he's such a damn expert politician, why his he screwing the pooch on an important tone-setting moment, of any campaign? If he's quarantined, great. Give us a live blog from his living room, showing proper social distancing and washing his hands to show that at least one of the candidates does science. Jesus, do something to catch the American public's attention. Whatever you think about how things should be, the truth is that the American electorate will not vote for someone solely on the basis of who they aren't, the winning candidate has got to do or say something noteworthy if they're going to get airtime in our media-entertainment complex.

He's my candidate now, whether I like it or not, and it pisses me off that he's blowing off the campaigning to do god knows what else. As far as I know, he's unemployed?

Because there’s a pandemic going on and it’s not a time for politics.

Poli, perhaps you're not seeing Biden because of this?.............................................https://bongino.com/everyone-is-blaming-china-for-the-coronavirus-except-joe-biden/

" Joe Biden was too busy feigning concern over “xenophobia” while Trump was taking action to ban travel from China – which worked. The New York Times reported yesterday that evidence suggests the virus was brought into America from Europe, not China, which certainly is an odd way to say that the China travel ban was successful. The fact that Biden has since reversed his stance in support of the travel ban also indicates that Biden (or one of his advisers) realized it was impossible to deny that it worked as intended. "

Because there’s a pandemic going on and it’s not a time for politics.

Yes, no one looks for leadership during a time of national crisis, that would be ridiculous.

Bernie, god bless him, suspended his campaign and raised millions to support the COVID-19 response. Trump does daily press conferences and platforms not just himself but regular updates from Dr. Fauci in the middle of American living rooms where science often dares not tread. What has Joe been doing to help?

Poli, perhaps you're not seeing Biden because of this?.............................................https://bongino.com/everyone-is-blaming-china-for-the-coronavirus-except-joe-biden/

" Joe Biden was too busy feigning concern over “xenophobia” while Trump was taking action to ban travel from China – which worked. The New York Times reported yesterday that evidence suggests the virus was brought into America from Europe, not China, which certainly is an odd way to say that the China travel ban was successful. The fact that Biden has since reversed his stance in support of the travel ban also indicates that Biden (or one of his advisers) realized it was impossible to deny that it worked as intended. "

Nope.

For someone who is allegedly concerned over inherent media bias, you certainly seem to favour propaganda sites more than reputable outlets. You appear to be a big fan of parasite media as well.

Hell yeah. Fuck New York, they're like a conman version of California.
With less poop on the sidewalks.

Doesn't mean that luck didn't play a role. For one California is warmer than NY, and there are some indications that warmer weather slows down transmission (which is probably one reason southern states are doing better on average than northern ones).
Besides, there is this. Speculative, yes, but if true would add to the "luck" column.

Hell yeah. Fuck New York, they're like a conman version of California.
With less poop on the sidewalks.

Doesn't mean that luck didn't play a role. For one California is warmer than NY, and there are some indications that warmer weather slows down transmission (which is probably one reason southern states are doing better on average than northern ones).
Besides, there is this. Speculative, yes, but if true would add to the "luck" column.

Are you suggesting, preposterously, that San Francisco is warm and sunny in the early Spring? :D

For someone who is allegedly concerned over inherent media bias, you certainly seem to favour propaganda sites more than reputable outlets. You appear to be a big fan of parasite media as well.

Of course to you any media that's not anti Trump in some way or other is a parasitic media! Gotcha!

The main differences between the parties. Which under Colonel Sanders would have turned DP to the far left of this comparison.

https://www.diffen.com/difference/Democrat_vs_Republican

This comparison examines the differences between the policies and political positions of the Democratic and Republican parties on major issues such as taxes, the role of government, entitlements (Social Security, Medicare), gun control, immigration, healthcare, abortion, environmental policy and regulation. These two parties dominate America's political landscape but differ greatly in their philosophies and ideals.

Back
Top Bottom