• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democrats 2020

I'm not backing anyone until right before the primaries, and then I will likely back whoever seems to have the best polling against Trump. To be perfectly honest, I'm not thrilled with any of the candidates, which is kind of sad since there are so many of them.

That.
I wonder how many others are of this persuasion.

Which Democratic Candidates Are The Most Progressive On Criminal Justice Issues? | FiveThirtyEight
[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Michael Bennet[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cory Booker[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Pete Buttigieg[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]John Delaney[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Kirsten Gilibrand[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mike Gravel[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jay Inslee[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Amy Klobuchar[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Seth Moulton[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Beto O'Rourke[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tim Ryan[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bernie Sanders[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Eric Swalwell[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Elizabeth Warren[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Marianne Williamson[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
  1. Allowing at least some incarcerated people to vote
  2. Allowing incarcerated people to get Pell Grants
  3. Moving the pardon office out of the Justice Department
  4. Legalizing marijuana at state and federal levels
  5. Ending the death penalty at state and federal levels
  6. Getting rid of cash bail at all levels of government
No responses from Joe Biden, Julian Castro, Tulsi Gabbard, Kamala Harris, John Hickenlooper, or Andrew Yang.

More leftward than previous Democratic presidential candidates.

Which Democratic Candidates Are The Most Progressive On Criminal Justice Issues? | FiveThirtyEight
[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Michael Bennet[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cory Booker[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Pete Buttigieg[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]John Delaney[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Kirsten Gilibrand[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mike Gravel[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jay Inslee[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Amy Klobuchar[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Seth Moulton[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Beto O'Rourke[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tim Ryan[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bernie Sanders[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Eric Swalwell[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Elizabeth Warren[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Marianne Williamson[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
  1. Allowing at least some incarcerated people to vote
  2. Allowing incarcerated people to get Pell Grants
  3. Moving the pardon office out of the Justice Department
  4. Legalizing marijuana at state and federal levels
  5. Ending the death penalty at state and federal levels
  6. Getting rid of cash bail at all levels of government
No responses from Joe Biden, Julian Castro, Tulsi Gabbard, Kamala Harris, John Hickenlooper, or Andrew Yang.

More leftward than previous Democratic presidential candidates.

Also, decriminalizing sex work should be on there (Sanders and Warren: X)

The Trumpet must be licking his lips and rubbing his hands in glee at having any of these contenders, especially the geriatrics running against him in 2020.

The Trumpet must be licking his lips and rubbing his hands in glee at having any of these contenders, especially the geriatrics running against him in 2020.

Irony just happens to other people around you, doesn't it?

Well, considering that he's a "geriatric" himself, why would he be licking his lips in glee if a geriatric runs against him? According to those in his close circles, he's terrified of Biden. He just won't admit it openly. Maybe it will take an old white guy to take down another old white guy. I've considered that might be the case. I'd love a female president, but I'm not sure this is the best time for it. Besides, as a woman myself, I'm a little tired of women always having to clean up after men. ;)

Trump is 73 and looks it. He's a fat, ugly old man with an aversion to truth.

So why do him a favor and chose a 78 year old to run against him?
I get the appeal of Biden, except that if he wanted to run, he should have ran in 2016 instead of Hillary. He was still very old, but now he is 4 years older.

Well, considering that he's a "geriatric" himself, why would he be licking his lips in glee if a geriatric runs against him?
Because his own advanced age is not a disadvantage then.

According to those in his close circles, he's terrified of Biden. He just won't admit it openly.
I think so too. That's why he is openly putting him down.
Trump says he'd rather run against Biden than face another campaign against Clinton
Yeah, he is shaking in his little space boots for real. The reason is Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, places where Trump won but where Biden (or somebody like him) will play well.

Maybe it will take an old white guy to take down another old white guy. I've considered that might be the case. I'd love a female president, but I'm not sure this is the best time for it. Besides, as a woman myself, I'm a little tired of women always having to clean up after men. ;)
It should depend on the candidate. If Harris or Warren come through the debate season looking like the best choice to face Trump, then primary voters should take that into account rather than their genitals, one way or another.

It should depend on the candidate. If Harris or Warren come through the debate season looking like the best choice to face Trump, then primary voters should take that into account rather than their genitals, one way or another.

I don't disagree with you on that. I've said before that I will vote for whoever appears to have the best chance of beating Trump when it's time for me to vote in the primaries. At this point, I'm not convinced that Warren, despite her enthusiasm and obvious intelligence or Harris, who oddly enough none of my older black friends find very appealing, can beat Trump. If that changes, I will vote for one of them.

I'm not really that concerned about the promises made by any of these candidates as I know most of their promises will never come to pass. I'm more concerned with the Democrats taking back the Senate and maintaining a majority in the House, otherwise, no Democratic president will be effective in the least. Even if someone as far from the center as Warren should become president, she will have to compromise with many of the Democrats in Congress, as more than half of them are moderates.

Well, considering that he's a "geriatric" himself, why would he be licking his lips in glee if a geriatric runs against him? According to those in his close circles, he's terrified of Biden. He just won't admit it openly. Maybe it will take an old white guy to take down another old white guy. I've considered that might be the case. I'd love a female president, but I'm not sure this is the best time for it. Besides, as a woman myself, I'm a little tired of women always having to clean up after men. ;)

The Trumpet is 73. Biden and Sanders are what, approaching 80 at least!

http://www.oldest.org/politics/us-presidents/

The Trumpet is 73. Biden and Sanders are what, approaching 80 at least!

http://www.oldest.org/politics/us-presidents/

If your trying to assert this old guy:
iu_1_

is fitter and more active than this old guy:
569d2d73c3618843568b45d3.jpg

then you are at risk of having dementia yourself. And just to cement how idiotic your argument is about the difference between a 73 year old and a 77 year old, this 86 year old:

5df7c3bc2eb5f17d6ea9fd35165d0f85.jpg

would kick all their arses. Probably mine as well.

It's very doubtful Americans will vote for anyone who's approaching 80 as their President!

The youngest person to be elected president was John F. Kennedy, at 43 years, 163 days of age on election day; the oldest was Ronald Reagan, who was 73 years, 274 days old at the time of his election to a second term.

It's very doubtful Americans will vote for anyone who's approaching 80 as their President!

The youngest person to be elected president was John F. Kennedy, at 43 years, 163 days of age on election day; the oldest was Ronald Reagan, who was 73 years, 274 days old at the time of his election to a second term.
Well, they weren't supposed to vote for Trump either. So all bets are off on the American electorate. Now shouldn't you be in the AOC thread calling her a "bimbo" or whatever the buzzword is now... instead of passively supporting the guy who doesn't know what 5G is.

Former Democratic Rep. Joe Sestak announces presidential bid - POLITICO
Joe Sestak, a retired three-star Navy admiral and former two-term congressman from Pennsylvania, on Sunday became the latest Democratic contender to announce a bid for the presidency.

Sestak, in a video released on his campaign website, drew heavily on his naval career, saying he “wore the cloth of the nation for over 31 years in peace and war, from the Vietnam and Cold War eras, to Afghanistan and Iraq and the emergence of China.”
He is now the 25th Democratic candidate currently running. A 26th one, Richard Ojeda, dropped out early this year.

Of only newly authorized wars? And wars meaning?

How's about a wars bond tax... where in all taxpayers must pay for wars up front?

Back
Top Bottom