• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democrats 2020

Well, I'm not worried about him leaving office, even if he has to be dragged away while kicking and screaming that the election was rigged. It's possible that some of his hardcore supporters will react violently, but I think things will settle down after awhile.

I'm far more concerned that the election may be rigged due to foreign interference along with voter suppression. After all, Mueller said in his testimony that foreign governments are currently working on interfering with the next election, and attempts were made previously to attack the voting systems in all 50 states. Plus, good old Moscow Mitch refuses to bring any bill to the floor that would guarantee a fair election.

Several states have already passed laws making it more difficult to register new voters. If I remember correctly, Florida is making it a felony if you help someone register and some of the information on the registration form isn't completely correct. I will see if I can find that information. I've been trying to follow Fair Fight, an organization, headed up by Stacey Abrams, that is working toward making it easier for all eligible citizens to vote. Apparently, many Republicans leaders don't want that, or they wouldn't be trying to pass these draconian laws regarding voting rights.

The point isn't when he leaves office, be it 2021 or 2025. The point is you think he will refuse to go.

Of course he will refuse to go when he loses in 2020. From the second week of November until the last week of January (at least) he will be ranting and raving about being cheated out of the election. Will you then admit that you have your head where the sun don't shine, Jason? You forgot to answer that question the first time I asked, even though I answered all your stupid questions... so what's the deal here? Disingenuous in conversation, disingenuous in life - that's been something I've observed in people for well over a half century.
BTW I am no more sure than you are that his protestations will result in an unearned second term. More likely he will cheat and win again, with plenty of help from his delightful circle of murderous dictator friends.

It's possible that some of his hardcore supporters will react violently, but I think things will settle down after awhile.

I think it's extremely likely that you're right on both counts ... depending on what you consider "awhile".

The point isn't when he leaves office, be it 2021 or 2025. The point is you think he will refuse to go.

Of course he will refuse to go when he loses in 2020.

Says the person who thinks my head is where the sun doesn't shine.

When do you plan to admit it Jason? He is already setting up his refusal, talking about the rigged 2020 election...
I am not saying his refusal will give him a second term. (I need to repeat myself a lot with you.)

He WILL refuse if his cheating doesn't do the trick, and he WILL attempt to rile his supporters to violence. It's what Uncle Vlad wants.

Well, I'm not worried about him leaving office, even if he has to be dragged away while kicking and screaming that the election was rigged. It's possible that some of his hardcore supporters will react violently, but I think things will settle down after awhile.

I'm far more concerned that the election may be rigged due to foreign interference along with voter suppression. After all, Mueller said in his testimony that foreign governments are currently working on interfering with the next election, and attempts were made previously to attack the voting systems in all 50 states. Plus, good old Moscow Mitch refuses to bring any bill to the floor that would guarantee a fair election.

Several states have already passed laws making it more difficult to register new voters. If I remember correctly, Florida is making it a felony if you help someone register and some of the information on the registration form isn't completely correct. I will see if I can find that information. I've been trying to follow Fair Fight, an organization, headed up by Stacey Abrams, that is working toward making it easier for all eligible citizens to vote. Apparently, many Republicans leaders don't want that, or they wouldn't be trying to pass these draconian laws regarding voting rights.

Yea, next election it will be North Korea who will rig the election the Trumpet's way!

New post-debate Reuters poll. Biden stayed where he is, Sanders up 2 points to within a statistical tie (credibility interval is larger than gap between two front-runners), nobody else is in the double digits:

Augpoll.JPG

The Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted online in English throughout the United States. It gathered responses from 1,258 adults, including 494 racial minorities. It has a credibility interval, a measure of precision, of 5 percentage points.

New post-debate Reuters poll. Biden stayed where he is, Sanders up 2 points to within a statistical tie (credibility interval is larger than gap between two front-runners), nobody else is in the double digits:

View attachment 23018

The Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted online in English throughout the United States. It gathered responses from 1,258 adults, including 494 racial minorities. It has a credibility interval, a measure of precision, of 5 percentage points.
FYI, the undecideds are higher than Biden at 29%.

Yea, next election it will be North Korea who will rig the election the Trumpet's way!
Gosh, you must love the sound of yourself typing, because the tripe you post is so far off base that it boggles the mind as to why you'd even want to suggest such ideas.

Since the 2016 election, all we ever heard about is of a Russian collusion, without one credible shred of evidence. I'm just observing who'll be blamed as colluding with the Trumpet should he prevail in 2020!

You obviously have a very strong filter for Trump talk. Obviously no one colluded. Trump people can't think that far ahead.

I'm the first to admit the man is a loudmouth buffoon and opens his big mouth [ and cellphone] when sometimes silence would be better. Speaks his mind and be damned for political correctness. Methinks the it's just what the silent majority wants. That's why in 2016 he was chosen above a corrupted and crooked Killery!

You obviously have a very strong filter for Trump talk. Obviously no one colluded. Trump people can't think that far ahead.

I'm the first to admit the man is a loudmouth buffoon and opens his big mouth [ and cellphone] when sometimes silence would be better. Speaks his mind and be damned for political correctness. Methinks the it's just what the silent majority wants. That's why in 2016 he was chosen above a corrupted and crooked Killery!
Yes, they went with Trump who ran a fake University because Clinton was corrupt. The silent majority traded the family cow for magic factory growing beans (MI, WI, OH). And then the racist and Sandy Hook denying mofo's loved him.

Methinks the it's just what the silent majority wants.

Methinks you need to look up the definition of "majority". He didn't even get a majority in 2016, let alone now or in 2020.
And the minority who did vote for him were anything but silent... though many of them have crawled back under their rocks, having seen what an idiot they helped elect.

Since the 2016 election, all we ever heard about is of a Russian collusion, without one credible shred of evidence. I'm just observing who'll be blamed as colluding with the Trumpet should he prevail in 2020!

heart.JPG

There's quite a bit of evidence available.

Yabut the challenge remains - is it possible to force trumpanzees to see it?

The good news is that
a) this particular trumpanzee can't vote in the US, and
b) trumpanzees don't need to be enlightened in order to rid this nation of the orange scourge.

Technically, there has been talk about a lot of other stuff, like Trump giving the finger to our allies, chumming up with North Korea and Russia, taking a shit on the CIA while speaking with Putin, a trillion lies, a lot of talk about saving an economy that wasn't in terrible shape when he took office, massive deficits, and a lot and a lot of talk, but nearly no action, other than reversing as much Obama policy he could.

View attachment 23062

https://time.com/5565991/russia-influence-2016-election/

There's quite a bit of evidence available.

I was more agreeing with the sentiment that many American liberals are pathologically incapable of confronting electoral failure as indicative of anything about their strategy or approach to politics. There is always a spoiler, an upset, a foreign element, or a scandal that takes the blame. Nothing about how the country is actually doing, and who is hurting from what policies enacted and supported by which politicians, ever enters into the calculation about how to win next time. Of the many, many institutional breakdowns between the wants and needs of the majority and the operation of our government, Russian interference ranks low compared to gerrymandering, voter suppression, purging entire counties based on convenient technicalities, corporate lobbying, and the monopoly of a few rich people on mass media. If you want to talk about a foreign country actively and openly swaying American elections in its own interests, look no further than the nation of Israel. If you want to see elections hijacked by forces who want to sow discord and destabilize the economy, look at America's long history of doing so all over the world in the last century. The fact that America's electorate in 2015 was in the grips of ascendant white supremacy and jaded by the political establishment's impotence at meeting their needs is a much more compelling and instructive lesson to be learned from what happened. But the frontrunner for Democratic nomination continues to insist it was all a big fluke, while simultaneously claiming Russian influence would never happen "on my watch" (WHICH IT DID).

Back
Top Bottom