• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democrats 2020

Since the 2016 election, all we ever heard about is of a Russian collusion, without one credible shred of evidence. I'm just observing who'll be blamed as colluding with the Trumpet should he prevail in 2020!

You just sank to a new level of uninformed. I thought the climate change thread was bad.

:consternation2:

Since the 2016 election, all we ever heard about is of a Russian collusion, without one credible shred of evidence. I'm just observing who'll be blamed as colluding with the Trumpet should he prevail in 2020!

It's truly amazing that you can make it through the day with that bag over your head.

It's truly amazing that you can make it through the day with that bag over your head.
If only it were a little more airtight. ;)

If only it were a little more airtight. ;)
Based on the drop in quality in the posts, I'd say it was pretty tight.

Texas: Trump vs. Biden DMN/Emerson Biden 51, Trump 49 Biden +2
Texas: Trump vs. Sanders DMN/Emerson Trump 49, Sanders 51 Sanders +2
Texas: Trump vs. Warren DMN/Emerson Trump 52, Warren 48 Trump +4
Texas: Trump vs. Harris DMN/Emerson Trump 54, Harris 46 Trump +8
Texas: Trump vs. Buttigieg DMN/Emerson Trump 52, Buttigieg 48 Trump +4
Texas: Trump vs. O'Rourke DMN/Emerson Trump 52, O'Rourke 48 Trump +4
Texas: Trump vs. Castro DMN/Emerson Trump 53, Castro 47 Trump +6
General Election: Trump vs. Biden IBD/TIPP Biden 54, Trump 41 Biden +13
General Election: Trump vs. Sanders IBD/TIPP Sanders 50, Trump 45 Sanders +5
General Election: Trump vs. Warren IBD/TIPP Warren 49, Trump 45 Warren +4
General Election: Trump vs. Harris IBD/TIPP Harris 47, Trump 45

If this is repeated in most states in 2020, and considering the actual number of people who will actually turn up to vote. The clown car has a long way to go!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/general_election/

Texas: Trump vs. Biden DMN/Emerson Biden 51, Trump 49 Biden +2
Texas: Trump vs. Sanders DMN/Emerson Trump 49, Sanders 51 Sanders +2
Texas: Trump vs. Warren DMN/Emerson Trump 52, Warren 48 Trump +4
Texas: Trump vs. Harris DMN/Emerson Trump 54, Harris 46 Trump +8
Texas: Trump vs. Buttigieg DMN/Emerson Trump 52, Buttigieg 48 Trump +4
Texas: Trump vs. O'Rourke DMN/Emerson Trump 52, O'Rourke 48 Trump +4
Texas: Trump vs. Castro DMN/Emerson Trump 53, Castro 47 Trump +6
General Election: Trump vs. Biden IBD/TIPP Biden 54, Trump 41 Biden +13
General Election: Trump vs. Sanders IBD/TIPP Sanders 50, Trump 45 Sanders +5
General Election: Trump vs. Warren IBD/TIPP Warren 49, Trump 45 Warren +4
General Election: Trump vs. Harris IBD/TIPP Harris 47, Trump 45

If this is repeated in most states in 2020, and considering the actual number of people who will actually turn up to vote. The clown car has a long way to go!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/general_election/

Bernie beats Trump.

Oh dear God. In the past 72 hours, in speeches and TV appearances, Joe Biden has:

- Called Theresa May by the name Margaret Thatcher, the second time he's done that
- Said "poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids"
- Said "we choose truth over facts"
- Said the El Paso shooting was in Houston
- Said the Dayton shooting was in Michigan

This man is sundowning before our very eyes and is a worse candidate in every sense than the last one the Dems ran, why is he still leading every poll

Oh dear God. In the past 72 hours, in speeches and TV appearances, Joe Biden has:

- Called Theresa May by the name Margaret Thatcher, the second time he's done that

This man is sundowning before our very eyes and is a worse candidate in every sense than the last one the Dems ran, why is he still leading every poll
It does honestly make me wonder if the polls are somehow being skewed by bots and similar shenanigans. I literally don't know a single of my dem friends who would pick Biden, so I'm getting rather skeptical that the polls are accurate and aren't being hacked in some way.

It does honestly make me wonder if the polls are somehow being skewed by bots and similar shenanigans. I literally don't know a single of my dem friends who would pick Biden, so I'm getting rather skeptical that the polls are accurate and aren't being hacked in some way.

It's not bots, these are reputable polling organizations. People like Joe because he reminds them of Barack, and people miss Barack. For many, the analysis of our current situation doesn't go much further than that, and Joe is counting on things staying that way. It's why he constantly bashes millennials, invokes Obamacare, talks about unity with Republicans and former segregationists, and all that. He's speaking the language of the very population he was appointed as VP to appease: white voters who were skeptical of Obama at first but felt better when Joe got picked as his running mate. All those people have landline phones and lots of free time for opinion polls.

Are you suggesting the Democratic Party is telling you who you like instead of letting you choose who you like? Something like what happened in 2016?

Are you suggesting the Democratic Party is telling you who you like instead of letting you choose who you like? Something like what happened in 2016?

Just wait til he's the nominee, and they start wagging their fingers and scolding blacks, gays, latinos, and people under the age of 40 for not aggressively supporting the guy. "He's not Trump," they'll say, "what more do you people want? If you are a minority of any kind, you owe us your vote whether we listen to anything you say or not. Get ye to the polls!" It will be just like old times.

Just like old times, if we're especially unlucky.

Last edited:

While I can't speak for the other quotes, the poor kids quote was truncated to make it sound worse than what it was.

"We have this notion that somehow if you're poor you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids, wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids. No, I really mean it, but think how we think about it,"

While I can't speak for the other quotes, the poor kids quote was truncated to make it sound worse than what it was.

"We have this notion that somehow if you're poor you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids, wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids. No, I really mean it, but think how we think about it,"

That was him doing damage control on the spot. There is no reason to compare people without money to people from difference races. What does it even mean, in isolation, to say "poor kids are just as bright as black kids" or "poor kids are just as bright as Asian kids"? Is there a non-racially uncomfortable way of parsing that, since no matter which way you read it he's equating wealth with race?

That was him doing damage control on the spot. There is no reason to compare people without money to people from difference races. What does it even mean, in isolation, to say "poor kids are just as bright as black kids" or "poor kids are just as bright as Asian kids"? Is there a non-racially uncomfortable way of parsing that, since no matter which way you read it he's equating wealth with race?

I agree it was an uncomfortable sentence. That doesn't make quoting only a snippet any less dishonest.

Because most people don't follow politics that much, and then only go by headlines if at all.

Back
Top Bottom